Is it strange

No, anybody can't do that. Else they would be making Mayweather money.

Dana isn't perfect, obviously, but let's just sit down and chill and be honest: You couldn't do it, I couldn't and most people couldn't.

Do what exactly? Have billionaire friends, cheat on your wife, and spend millions on your entitled sons birthday party that should have gone to poor fighters with CTE?

You must suck.

Avg salarie for a pro athlete is 200k to 300k a year ufc broke the record for the lowest and people wonder why fighters duck and have to talk shit and try way to hard.

How many times have we seen large corporations improve the lives of people around the world? The answer is infinitely many because capitalism has pulled more people out of poverty around the world than at any other point in human history.
Wrong bro. Capitalism favours the few over the many, supresses wages, and does it well enough that sheep like you think this is a good thing.

Do what exactly? Have billionaire friends, cheat on your wife, and spend millions on your entitled sons birthday party that should have gone to poor fighters with CTE?

You must suck.

I probably suck. I can't even be the head of the UFC. I can't paint Picasso paintings, although it all seems so easy to do.

Wrong bro. Capitalism favours the few over the many, supresses wages, and does it well enough that sheep like you think this is a good thing.

hahahhahahaha

>capitalism favours the few over the many

REALITY does that. There aren't supposed to be 8 billion people on the planet, which exacerbates the issue.

>it does well enough that sheep like you think this is a good thing

Even with the income inequality that exists now, every single person living in the US has higher chance of being rich or having a good life than anybody did in the soviet union, or north korea.

<JagsKiddingMe>
But like... he built a billion dollar company pretty much from scratch. In the 90ies, shit was different back then. Some didnt even have interntet and used fax machine instead of email to get a deal done. Also , probably was not a lot of marketing data available compared to nowadays. Try sell sport that nobody knows of without all the mordern tools. Lets see you try, having same conditions as Dana.
I dont like Dana, and i do think avg fighters shoulg get paid more, but i give him credit for building the company. Even with rich friends, so many projects can fail even with lots of money invested in them.

Yeah, TS, anybody could do it. You could totally do it, but work at taco bell instead because it's other people's fault. How many promotions have come and gone in the in the last 25 years?

You must suck.
who he screws or what he spends his personal money on has little to do with running a business. dana's billionaire friends made alot more than dana, and they entrusted him to be the public face of the business. the new guys do too.

Did you type that from your iphone while on a plane, or were you in your office or home in front of cable TV on big screen with air conditioning before going to the fridge to grab a snack? Goddamn, some people are retarded.

We need to abolish the free market, because it's worked so well every single goddamn time someone tries to, like Venezuela, Cuba, China, USSR. You can "find your passion", like every dead-eyed, starving, alcoholic soviet citizen fortunate enough to not be sent to gulags that weren't allowed to leave and had to be reminded not to eat their children.

who he screws or what he spends his personal money on has little to do with running a business. dana's billionaire friends made alot more than dana, and they entrusted him to be the public face of the business. the new guys do too.

010611040103dzg9isp1757gdu.jpg

part of his job is to be in the spotlight. he's the primary spokesman for the company.

examples of him shitting on fighters are often like "his ego got in the way" or "he's on his way to the hospital" or "he turned down the fight".

are you serious?

On Cyborg:

"She looks like Wanderley "

On Anderson Silva

“He feels that he doesn’t owe the fans an apology,” an exasperated White continued. “I’m the one apologizing. I didn’t go in and fight like a jackass for five rounds. I didn’t do what he did tonight, but I’m embarrassed and I feel like I should apologize to the fans.”

On Tim Sylvia:
""Are you kidding me? He hasn't won a fight in years and when he did he usually put everyone to sleep. The only time he's in an exciting fight is when he's getting his [expletive] ass handed to him,” White said of his former champion. “Look, he just got beat by a near 50-year old in under 10 f---ing seconds. How do you expect to be taken seriously after that? He just made MMA look like a complete joke. If he has any hopes of ending his career in the UFC he will have to go on The Ultimate Fighter. There's no other way he's getting in.""

There are numerous examples from GSP to Aldo, Dana White is a cunt can´t believe he was not beaten by a fighter probably the mafia ties.

In what way is that relevant to CEO pay?

I'm not against capitalism as a system. I also find it ironic how most people that trumpet this type of stuff are lucky to pull in $40k a year, but yet they somehow still think they're part of the good old boys club.

I used to think like you... until I started my own business.

People have no real clue how difficult it is to actually turn a profit in the real world with no safety net. It's literally damned near impossible... which may be why most people never really give it a shot and are, instead, happy to work their "lucky to pull in $40k a year" jobs.

Personally, I was lucky to get out basically breaking even on my original investment (if you don't count a hell of a lot of free labour). Just to do that I had to be good enough to be voted the town's favourite business three years running.

Went back to my public sector job, getting paid literally double the national average. Not to mention that I'm damned near unfireable and get over 2 month's vacation. It's shangri-fucking-la over here.

Countless people lose their shirts (and their homes, and their families, and even their lives) chasing the millionaire's dream. The economy would grind to a halt if not for all of the entrepreneurs risking everything they own and hold dear to put in thousands of free hours in the hope that it will one day pay off. And 99% will never make it happen. If the payoff when it did was a pat on the back and an extra half bath and a new Toyota, somehow I think you're going to have a hard time getting enough suckers to give it a go.

Anyway, the bottom line is always the same. If you prefer the life and career of someone else to your own, and especially if you think you could do better, then leave what you're up to now and go do that.

Lets just be honest hear i use to fight im 28 my buddy still does hes invited to join top team but lets see 6 to 8 fights hel be 32 and the ufc likes to keep you unnoticed for ever thats 160k he can make 20k per so hes made 20 to 40k a year... By the time if u get a top 10 or title fight youre all done u got 6 years to make it to top 10 and make 80 to 100k that year or 500k for the belt its a rough road i joined the army and got a good job he already said fuck that. N take a chance being 40 and broke /broken the guys who dont make it are fucked.

Exactly so. But that's also why it's called "prize" fighting. It's not a salaried position. You get paid a few bucks to keep you going, sure, but that's not the essence of the model.

You're competing directly with a bunch of other guys for a big prize, such as a belt that you can use to market yourself, or even a big money fight at the end of a solid streak. Scarcity is one of the key characteristics of prizes.

If you chase a prize rather than, say, getting a job, then you're taking a risk. There's no guarantee you're going to be the guy to win one.

I used to think like you... until I started my own business.

People have no real clue how difficult it is to actually turn a profit in the real world with no safety net. It's literally damned near impossible... which may be why most people never really give it a shot and are, instead, happy to work their "lucky to pull in $40k a year" jobs.

Personally, I was lucky to get out basically breaking even on my original investment (if you don't count a hell of a lot of free labour). Just to do that I had to be good enough to be voted the town's favourite business three years running.

Went back to my public sector job, getting paid literally double the national average. Not to mention that I'm damned near unfireable and get over 2 month's vacation. It's shangri-fucking-la over here.

Countless people lose their shirts (and their homes, and their families, and even their lives) chasing the millionaire's dream. The economy would grind to a halt if not for all of the entrepreneurs risking everything they own and hold dear to put in thousands of free hours in the hope that it will one day pay off. And 99% will never make it happen. If the payoff when it did was a pat on the back and an extra half bath and a new Toyota, somehow I think you're going to have a hard time getting enough suckers to give it a go.

Anyway, the bottom line is always the same. If you prefer the life and career of someone else to your own, and especially if you think you could do better, then leave what you're up to now and go do that.

What does this have anything to do with CEO pay? Entrepreneurs starting a small business has absolutely nothing to do with CEOs running huge corporations worth mutli-billions. Those large corporations do everything in their power to lobby for laws and regulations that make it harder for small businesses to stifle competition.

Personally, I left the corporate world and have no desire to return. I work for a small, family ran business and have my own small business on the side.

It's strange that WME is overpaying 10000x for labor that "anyone can do"

Or maybe, just maybe your premises are faulty.

Perhaps.

are you serious?

On Cyborg:

"She looks like Wanderley "
wasn't his fighter. she didn't exactly shy away from drama with the ufc either.
On Anderson Silva

“He feels that he doesn’t owe the fans an apology,” an exasperated White continued. “I’m the one apologizing. I didn’t go in and fight like a jackass for five rounds. I didn’t do what he did tonight, but I’m embarrassed and I feel like I should apologize to the fans.”

again wtf was he supposed to say after an embarrassing main event where the fans were all saying the same thing? his job is to address the media and fans and sometimes that means harsh truths about what we saw.

On Tim Sylvia:
""Are you kidding me? He hasn't won a fight in years and when he did he usually put everyone to sleep. The only time he's in an exciting fight is when he's getting his [expletive] ass handed to him,” White said of his former champion. “Look, he just got beat by a near 50-year old in under 10 f---ing seconds. How do you expect to be taken seriously after that? He just made MMA look like a complete joke. If he has any hopes of ending his career in the UFC he will have to go on The Ultimate Fighter. There's no other way he's getting in.""
he said that after timmay got knocked out again against a boxer in 10 seconds. they had already parted ways after timmay asked to be released. was it douchey to say? sure. is he trashing his own fighter? no.

There are numerous examples from GSP to Aldo, Dana White is a cunt can´t believe he was not beaten by a fighter probably the mafia ties.

again the worst things you posted were about 2 non-ufc fighters, and one quote that was the truth.

The only reason i see somone cant is because theres not many jobs for it and you are competing for it but anyone who got it for a 10 to 20 mil sal plus other pay theyd do it better imo

You are working from a very backwards position. One does not simply get a fucking 10 or 20 mil salary in the real world unless you are already the absolute boss at what you do.

Dana only made as much money as he had because of his helping hand in building the company to what it was. Business 101.. he had an initial % in the company, he worked his ass off and lived the business for what 25 odd years.. and his reward is that his initial % was worth hundreds of millions. He earned that.

You don't magically just be the president of a company and help build said compan to 4.2 + billion without knowing exactly what the fuck you are doing in huge detail.

If you think anyone can do his job, you are a complete retard lol.

I am sure anybody can manage 500+ alphas that can smash anybodies fucking skull in, while having to deal with constant daily issues, drop outs, keeping relationships going with thousands of people.. running and being the face of a 4.5+ billion dollar company that requires you to make key decisions...... and we have clowns like Brendan schaub claiming he can do that.. get the fuck out of here. That guy backtracks over basic shit such as talking about the fox desk or kickboxing, how is he going to handle that times 100 on a major scale where you cant just keep backtracking every time your half gay brain says some more bullshit, plus no one would ever buy into brendans promotion, but they would buy into danas..

He trashed GSP after his Hendricks fight, talked so much shit about GSP, a UFC star. Same with Aldo after he was defeated by McGregor, not allowing a rematch right away.

Dana White is a terrible spoke person you seem to be the only person that thinks otherwise.

White was asked whether the personal issues had affected St-Pierre’s performance against Hendricks.
“Talking to him now, it would be tough to say now. He got his ass whupped tonight. That’s what happened.”

You owe it to the fans, you owe it to the belt, you owe it to this company and you owe it to Johny Hendricks to give him that opportunity to fight again unless you’re going to retire.”

“Yeah, I’m blown away that Georges St-Pierre won that fight. And listen, I’m a promoter. He’s the biggest pay-per-view star on the planet for me. And I still don’t think he won that fight. I want what’s fair and that wasn’t fair.

“I think the Nevada State Athletic Commission is atrocious. I think the governor needs to step in immediately before these guys destroy this sport like they did boxing.”

wasn't his fighter. she didn't exactly shy away from drama with the ufc either.

again wtf was he supposed to say after an embarrassing main event where the fans were all saying the same thing? his job is to address the media and fans and sometimes that means harsh truths about what we saw.

he said that after timmay got knocked out again against a boxer in 10 seconds. they had already parted ways after timmay asked to be released. was it douchey to say? sure. is he trashing his own fighter? no.

again the worst things you posted were about 2 non-ufc fighters, and one quote that was the truth.

Back