Is it safe to say Kevin Lee is Melvin Guillard 2.0?

I can see some similarities for sure.

Both young, promising and explosive fighters with B level athleticism but had terrible fight IQ and and couldn’t put it together when it mattered. Honestly I don’t see a future for Kevin Lee in the UFC and it might be the best for both parties to move on.
A guy who got tapped by a 115lb is taking about fight IQ . If you had better fight iq that 115 girl wouldnt have subbed you

His recent record is 0-8 (1)

So fuck outta here with that BS.

Both young, promising and explosive fighters with B level athleticism but had terrible fight IQ and and couldn’t put it together when it mattered. Honestly I don’t see a future for Kevin Lee in the UFC and it might be the best for both parties to move on.
Agreed, I’d go so far as to say he should be cut from the roster, immediately and with prejudice. Great thread btw.

His behavior during the walk in and fighter introductions remained me of Guillard before the Lauzon fight.

no comparison at all. one guy is a wrestler and the other a striker lol.

and lee's fight IQ is usually fine, he handled barboza who is a better striker than al in the previous fight. last night was overconfidence IMO.

I believe Kevin Lee is significantly smarter and more mature than prime Melvin. He just needs a bit more guidance.

TS 2.0

ILoy8gE.gif

Christ, making black widow look like a soccer mom with hot dog mustard on her cheek, dealing with 3 lil shit machines in the mini van en route to Costco.

Other than than khabib, tony, al, who is a real bad match up for Kevin at 55?

I favor Connie slightly, but that’d be an interesting matchup.

He’s a 65er, if that happens.

Wow everybody already trashing Lee? He beat Barbosa into a pulp in his last fight before this one.

no comparison at all. one guy is a wrestler and the other a striker lol.

and lee's fight IQ is usually fine, he handled barboza who is a better striker than al in the previous fight. last night was overconfidence IMO.
Maybe overconfidence during training camp, but lack of confidence in the ring.

I've seen the fight IQ thing thrown around a lot in the last 23 hours, and that may be it. But I'm seeing some things in his behavior that tell me his head's not right. I don't mean like he just had a bad night, but like he's got chronic anxiety problems and the pressure just gets to be too much when he headlines. A sports psychologist might help, but he may be more like Donald Cerrone than Melvin Guillard.

francis ngannou is the next melvin guillard

kevin lee is the next benson henderson

People in this thread forget that Melvin Guillard was once 10-4 inside the UFC (Kevin Lee is exactly 10-4 inside the UFC himself) and looked like the next upcoming wrestler.

Last edited:
Shertard standards = one loss and it's time to retire.

Bisping ended up losing almost every high profile fight that mattered, and still ended up being champion.

Good thing these fighters dont listen to stupid people like you who would think someone should quit so easily.

Kevin Lee has bad gameplanning vs Guillard who has shit fight IQ. I still remember this fight where he was sorta beating diaz then clowned off with a takedown then got subbed.

People in this thread forget that Melvin Guillard was once 10-4 inside the UFC (Kevin Lee is exactly 10-4 inside the UFC himself) and looked like the next upcoming wrestler.
Wow how he has fallen, hes a human punching bag nowadays, sad

Back