Is it Joe Say Aldo or Hoe Zay Aldo?

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can we settle this once and for all? I hear him called different things and its extremely fucking important that I know which one is correct.

Hoe-ZAY, only McGregor says JOE-say

But then again who knows with these Brazilians? Some pronounce "R"s like "H" (as in Rickson); some don't (Ronaldo/Ronaldinho in soccer). some just get rid of their last names....

its pronounced JohZay in portuguese.Hoezay in spanish,thus he pronounces his name Johzay

Hoe-ZAY, only McGregor says JOE-say

But then again who knows with these Brazilians? Some pronounce "R"s like "H" (as in Rickson); some don't (Ronaldo/Ronaldinho in soccer).

Pretty sure you got that backwards with Conor.

"Jo". "Ho" would be Spanish, not Portuguese.

As I said in my edit, who the fuck knows with Brazilian names? They can never make up their minds on how R is pronounced, and all have crazy nicknames, or drop their last names.

As I said in my edirt, who the fuck knows with Brazilian names? They can never make up their minds on how R is pronounced, and all have crazy nicknames, or drop their last names.

its pretty simple tho. The latin languages have their little differences,and every time his name is mentioned on UFC tv its pronounced correctly by rogan and goldberg so i dont see how its so difficult to understand.

its pretty simple tho. The latin languages have their little differences,and every time his name is mentioned on UFC tv its pronounced correctly by rogan and goldberg so i dont see how its so difficult to understand.

OK if it's so simple, who pronounces the letter "R" correctly: Rickson, or Ronaldo? Both Brazilian legends in different sports.

I pronounce it Chalupa De La Bibliotecha.

Last edited:
Back