Is Francisco Trinaldo going to be our new champion?

Art-Wanderlei

Importer/Exporter
Banned
Reaction score
7 fight win streak over some solid names like Felder, Pearson, Medeiros, Park (controversial), Laprise, and Silva. He hasn't really been challenged since Chiesa, aside from the war with Medeiros that he dominated.

His only losses besides Chiesa (domination) were Tibau (back and forth), and Hallman (PED user where he also gassed)

His striking has really come together nicely, and his physical strength means only top grapllers can beat him.

I'd like to see Trinaldo vs Barboza, and I think he gets it done in one round.

Trinaldo would dominate conor, so yeah probably

great wins streak.

but 38yrs old....

/checks UFC.com
/checks top 15 rankings of LW division

Trinaldo would have almost no chance of beating anyone in the top 15. I have a hard time even deciding who he has the best chance of beating. Probably Iaquinta.

I like the guy and he definitely deserves higher challenges. But I don't see him in the top 5 anytime soon.

He may very well beat Conor, there fore he can become champion. But that's about it.

Trinaldo has no striking, wouldn't happen.
ur dumb. fact is musurunduba is a fucking brazillian kickboxing champ. his striking is way way better than his ground. his striking is legit man. knock it off. learn b4 u type

He's good at beating mid level guys but I think the top guys will be too much for him every time.

Nah, don't give him much of a shot against the elite guys in the division. Also yes Romero is 39 but we've seen older guys have success at the higher weight classes, doesn't really happen as much at the lighter weight classes. From FLW-LW its Faber, Eduardo, Edgar and Trinaldo that are 35+ and ranked in the top 15, from WW (more MW-HW) up i won't even count but there are a lot more older guys.

The Lighter weight classes have always been a young mans game, Trinaldo probably has a 2 year window left could be less the older guys seem to lose it very quickly.

He is talented and very tough for sure. His age is a problem though, and even though he is 38 he looks about 60 in the face. I'd like to see him fight Poirier next..

true, he got a questionable gas tank too
5lpBEBR.png

He's undefeated in the UFC, with 5 (yes, FIVE) 3rd round finishes in 8 fights.

Can we stop repeating this already, or do I need to send Third Round Romero after you?

Back