Is Edmond really that bad of a trainer?

Big Al's Texas BBQ

Sorry, no tortilla!
@Black
Reaction score
Was Edmond really doing that shitty of a job training her? Or was she never destined to be a decent striker ever? I'm no boxing expert, but from watching these videos, she just looks so stiff and clumsy. What can be blamed on Edmond and what was simply due to Ronda having no talent in striking?

In these 2 gifs, I notice that Edmond doesn't actually make her duck the hooks. He literally raises his arms higher to go over her head! lol
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

There's a difference between being a good coach and a good trainer. The fighters he trained never really seem to progress in skill and even seem to get worse sometimes, so I don't think he's a great trainer. Going by the audio that has been around of him coaching cageside I conclude he's absolutely horrendous as a coach.

There's a difference between being a good coach and a good trainer. The fighters he trained never really seem to progress in skill and even seem to get worse sometimes, so I don't think he's a great trainer. Going by the audio that has been around of him coaching cageside I conclude he's absolutely horrendous as a coach.
Ronda gets lit up: you're going great! She's scared (or something like that)

But he's an excellent fighter, still undefeated against Werdum

He sucks. Nobody has ever improved under his watch, and many fighters started getting knocked out as soon as they started training with him.

If he was smart he'd stop training fighters and start training celebrities. His talent is for making people feel good while training, not for making them actually good at fighting.

Ronda absolutely could have been a better striker than what Edmund 'taught' her.

She was ko'ing chicks when her striking training consisted of hitting pads and basically just using pure aggression to strike. Not to say these girls were even remotely good, but still

It's hard to imagine that someone with Rondas athletic gifts wouldn't progress further under a more competent trainer.

I blame him completely. Sorry. Ronda is an olympian and a medalist at that. If she had a great striking coach for many years, she would be competent at least.

I remember watching an interview with Dana White and he mentioned how Rhonda would sparr and hang against these top female boxers from Mexico. It would of been interesting to see if there were any footage of Rhonda sparring against these boxers from Mexico.

I remember watching an interview with Dana White and he mentioned how Rhonda would sparr and hang against these top female boxers from Mexico. It would of been interesting to see if there were any footage of Rhonda sparring against these boxers from Mexico.

Wolf ticket and you ate them right up.

Dropping world champions with body shots, if I recall correctly.

{<RR}
<TheWire1>

I blame him completely. Sorry. Ronda is an olympian and a medalist at that. If she had a great striking coach for many years, she would be competent at least.

Absolutely. She once had Lucia Rijker in her camp for the striking, but when Edmond started talking crap Licia ended the collaboration.

Edmond had first proclaimed that Ronda had dropped Lucia in sparring, which is beyond laughable. No news channel picked it up. Then Edmond started yapping about how Ronda had dropped Lucia's boxing champ protegée. This is where Lucia ended it.

Recently Diana Prazak, the boxing champ who according to Count Edmond was "dropped" by Ronda, said she felt bad for Ronda: she had never learned any boxing fundamentals, and her camp had started training her at a level that was too high.

So Edmond even f*cked up the one valuable connection Ronda had in boxing/striking.

Imo Ronda should beg Lucia to be her mma coach/trainer (who apart from having a pro record of 54-0-0 in boxing and kickboxing, was a national judo champ as a child, has black belts in kyokushin and Japanese Jiu Jitsu, and follows everything regarding mma.)

Last edited:
Easy to say from the outside looking in. Maybe he wasnt good for Honda but i doubt he "sucks"

He has some decent boxers and kickboxers on world champion level training under him, which most people seem to ignore.

He has some decent boxers and kickboxers on world champion level training under him, which most people seem to ignore.

Who are they, were they at that level before him, and have they continued to have the same level of success or greater after him?

Who are they, were they at that level before him, and have they continued to have the same level of success or greater after him?

He built a name on a one trick pony, of course people will come to train, like a guy said where are these fighters now, fighters will also train if they are offered good and free/subsidized training facilities.

And let's face it Ronda used her Judo to win, where did she learn that!!

Easy to say from the outside looking in. Maybe he wasnt good for Honda but i doubt he "sucks"

That's the problem, who was he good for? It's become a meme at this point that if you start training with Edmond, you get knocked out in your next fight.

That's the problem, who was he good for? It's become a meme at this point that if you start training with Edmond, you get knocked out in your next fight.

fighters like Melsik Baghdasaryan, Vic Darchinyan, Vanes martirosyan,..

Last edited:
fighters like Melsik Baghdasaryan, Vic Darchinyan, Vanes martirosyan,..

How long has he trained them, what level were they at before he started training them, and have they improved under him?

Back