Is doomsday prepping a waste of time and money?

I have cans for a good amount of time hard to tell for how long but it would last a while as i barely eat them and every time i do my monthly shopping i take a few cans. I dont expect a disaster or worse but its good to have it just in case. Generator for electricity for emergency. If i was rich i would probably build a bunker why not best case you got a bunker to hang out in and worst case your better off with then without a bunker.

it's pretty good especially the dudes doing it can't shut up about it which means all i need to do is make a list of where they are so if shit hits the fan i know where to go and steal.

If situations like the Covid supply shortage and the Texas power grid freeze didn't inspire you to keep extra supplies in your residence, you're crazy. Stuff like that will continue to happen, could be a lot worse next time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping several months worth of food, toilet paper, water, ammo, generators/power banks, and medical supplies. And it's not very expensive either (well, ammo is expensive now, so if you didn't stock up enough pre-Covid, tough luck).

On the other hand, some people build their entire identities around prepping and spend their entire paychecks on supplies which they hoard until they have no room to walk around their homes. Those people are nuts and often neglect the most important thing: their own health. Moderation is key.

Were you one of the ANTIFA / BLM goofs that showed up and got your ass beaten on PCH?

Tito is Hispanic / Mexican in heritage you stupid goof. His cousins are close friends to me and my wife.

The skin heads and their ilk were run out in the 1990's by a bunch of us after they attacked a Hawaiin mailman, including my surf clique (Boyztown) you idiot. We were the bruisers and Cuban, Pacific Islander, Mexican, and other ethnicities. Oh yeah... some of us were White, but no one gave a shit. Gen X rarely gives a shit about race. We were raised better than you apparently.

You're talking out of your ass.
Boyztown with a Z is gayer than dudes blowing Each other

A Soy Boy on the net would think that.
the creativity it took to come up with BoyZtown is still on display with using soy boy. You seem like you have a closet full of Ed Hardy shirts that your hiding in

Unless you are rich and can afford to build a proper bunker/safehold, than yes. Outside of learning how to shoot and familiarizing yourself with hunting/foraging, you are wasting your time.

I'm not a prepper. But I do have enough seeds to grow food for us for about 3 years. And my guns to protect and harvest game.View attachment 1023360View attachment 1023361

Edit- have canned goods from garden. And my mom's farm to fall back to if necessary.

Just a reminder to the, "I'll go to the forest and live off the land," crowd. In areas where there has been severe financial or societal collapse, wild game had been absolutely decimated in a short time. Not a viable plan even in the short term.

A military aged male performing arduous activity needs 3200 calories a day just to maintain body weight. That's about 750 pounds of long term stored foods per person, per year (Wheat, corn, rice, and beans at approximately 6 buckets of 30 pounds per staple food, equaling 24 buckets per person). Om top of that, you'll need a network of decent human beings to do anything. Most of the internet idiots seem to think they'll "lone wolf" it, or get by with their 4 person family. You need 20-30+ people to get anything done on the scale necessary to just get by. You need people who know how to sew, maintain vehicles, build, shuck peas, fight, etc.

All the peeps saying they'll just steal from the prepared are dreaming too. 30 well prepared individuals who turned their houses into hard targets with NV, thermal, encrypted commo, and support capabilities would totally destroy a group numbering in the hundreds. Moral of the story is to get a group of like minded people, train together, and support each other.

So, most of you ain't got shit for preparations.

Last edited:
I’m talking like full blown prepping for the apocalypse

I’ve started gardening to try to grow as much of my own food as possible but the prepping communities Are hardcore people are out here with full blown bunkers and shit
Yes.... until it isn't

the creativity it took to come up with BoyZtown is still on display with using soy boy. You seem like you have a closet full of Ed Hardy shirts that your hiding in

Funny you should say that. The creativity came from "Aggy" who created the logo for Boztown back in the 1990's. Aggy is a famous artist, and close friend, former house mate, basketball teammate, surf brother, and if you ever drove from Sunset Beach to Laguna on PCH, you'd see a whole gallery of his work on the walls of the businesses. He's the top mural artist for businesses in Orange County's beach communities. So, your take on "creativity" is shit. You're a butt hurt Soy Boy that wants to play tough guy on the net, because no one respects you IRL.

As a note, Aggy also did the logos and murals for Rockin Fig (RIP), Chronic Tacos, Hardcore Surf Shop, Zacks, The Frog House, and many others.

yeah... he sucks.

341485158_1413558526140746_6699175648716640566_n.jpg

198983718_4059387667459785_2429885565467352950_n.jpg

I’m talking like full blown prepping for the apocalypse

I’ve started gardening to try to grow as much of my own food as possible but the prepping communities Are hardcore people are out here with full blown bunkers and shit
Depends on your means and how deep you go and for what. Aikido is definitely a waste of time though.

Funny you should say that. The creativity came from "Aggy" who created the logo for Boztown back in the 1990's. Aggy is a famous artist, and close friend, former house mate, basketball teammate, surf brother, and if you ever drove from Sunset Beach to Laguna on PCH, you'd see a whole gallery of his work on the walls of the businesses. He's the top mural artist for businesses in Orange County's beach communities. So, your take on "creativity" is shit. You're a butt hurt Soy Boy that wants to play tough guy on the net, because no one respects you IRL.

As a note, Aggy also did the logos and murals for Rockin Fig (RIP), Chronic Tacos, Hardcore Surf Shop, Zacks, The Frog House, and many others.

yeah... he sucks.

341485158_1413558526140746_6699175648716640566_n.jpg

198983718_4059387667459785_2429885565467352950_n.jpg
whoa I didn't know I was talking to the roommate of the guy who did the logo for a taco shop.

whoa I didn't know I was talking to the roommate of the guy who did the logo for a taco shop.

You could have just said you are retreating. You come off as a lonely little bitch that is mad at the world.

Guns and Ammo isn’t just a magazine name. Get your lead up.

If you have the room and the money to do it I don’t think it’s a bad idea. I think it would mostly only come in handy if there was like a temporary blackout or something and stores were inaccessible for a period of time. Most actually doomsday scenarios would leave the vast majority of us dead and the few who lived would not live well at all.

Back