Is Chael P. Sonnen Immune to Russian Grappling?

I really wanna see Chael maul Fedor for the 1st round and then get 1 shot KO'd by Fedor to begin the 2nd. Nothing but love for both of them but I like Fedor just a tad more. Sadly for me (and Fedor), I think Chael follows the same gameplan he did with Wand and Rampage and Fedor, like those guys, has no answer for the wrestling and top control and loses a decision.

Chael is going to pound Fedor's doughy head into pizza crust. Mark my words.

Chael GOAT. Oh man, for the fedor fans this will be so much load to swallow.
luckily i'm not a huge fedor fan but i am a huge tito fan. and an over the hill tito still ebat chael. i'm also a big silva fan and silva has 2 wins over chael

luckily i'm not a huge fedor fan but i am a huge tito fan. and an over the hill tito still ebat chael. i'm also a big silva fan and silva has 2 wins over chael
Can't argue with you there, my man! As long as you aren't an LnP fighter, I can't argue with you and am prolly a fan. Tito's GnP is probably still the best ever.

He has a win over Oleynik...who's now 6-2 as a UFC HW and has like 40 something career submissions. Chael bless!
Was the year b4 Oleynik went full HW, was a MW then...

Very bureaucratic fight... You´d believe that Oleynik was either pullin´guard (Sonnen would get an easy TD within the 1st 3 sec after the beginning of the round or after a stand-up) or throwin´ the fight...

Oleynik kept tyin´him up in the guard, closing his guard most of the time, tying his head, a few triangle attempts, bureaucratic rubber guard, no reverse or kimura attempts...

I will cry if Chael submits Fedor. Legit. Tears. I will be inconsolable.

Was the year b4 Oleynik went full HW, was a MW then...

Very bureaucratic fight... You´d believe that Oleynik was either pullin´guard (Sonnen would get an easy TD within the 1st 3 sec after the beginning of the round or after a stand-up) or throwin´ the fight...

Oleynik kept tyin´him up in the guard, closing his guard most of the time, tying his head, a few triangle attempts, bureaucratic rubber guard, no reverse or kimura attempts...

So what does that say about Oleynik's character if he throws fights? You can't win here. I think he just got beaten, and if he fought too conservatively, that was his fault.

So what does that say about Oleynik's character if he throws fights? You can't win here. I think he just got beaten, and if he fought too conservatively, that was his fault.
was actually jokin´, no reason to take a dive... what I was saying is that his TDD & stance at the beginning of the rounds or after a stand-up, was pretty 'amateur'...

Chael is much better than people think.
And much worse than he thinks.

was actually jokin´, no reason to take a dive... what I was saying is that his TDD & stance at the beginning of the rounds or after a stand-up, was pretty 'amateur'...

Yeah, I'm sure he's gotten better. He did submit almost everyone he fought before Chael (except for 2 submission losses and KO-ing a couple of guys). However, almost all of them were unknown Russian guys from the 90s and early 2000's.

Back