Is chael becoming the new over 40 Ken shamrock?

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
I respect all fighters for the courage to get in the cage, and about 98% of them for their high level of skill and conditioning..

They said, we watched Ken talk aggressive crap, and show up and borderline throw fights by cashing in as soon as getting hurt was a possibility; in my honest opinion. Ken talked his way into like 5-6 fights for paychecks AFTER losing easily to "buzz berry" in cage rage. It was over then, but he kept going, and people kept comically paying him.

How far away is chael from being that? Tito and Fedor aren't buzz berry, even after 40.. So there's that, but is chael on his way to the "talk like he's good, fight like he wants out" reputation that (respective to his early contributions to the sport) Ken sham has definitely earned.

I don't see him going to that point. He won his last fight after all. He's fighting cause the money is still good with his draw and you can't get it back when it's gone .

to be fair he got fucked up within 5 seconds and still did pretty well until the finish

The way Chael fell off Fedor’s back did remind me of Ken Vs Rich Franklin...

Chael fights for paychecks and has always found ways to lose his entire career. He’s never been kod because he immediately turtles when hurt and blocks till the ref stops it. That’s always been his style.

Chael fights for paychecks and has always found ways to lose his entire career. He’s never been kod because he immediately turtles when hurt and blocks till the ref stops it. That’s always been his style.

To be fair, this fight with Fedor he took some big shots. He never quit in my eyes. The Rashad fight was a different story.

Back in the day, you couldn't talk like he does after people saw performances like that. You just couldn't. I always turn the channel because I can only handle so much cringe without closing my eyes and plugging my ears, but that's always been how I've felt about his schtick.

If there's a group of borderline autists that find his style of trash talk empowering, more power to all parties.. I just get embarassed. But hey, he has a big chin? Idk..

More like the next Bob Sapp.

Chael is still competitive. I think he's got some gas left in the tank.

Kind of but at a higher level. Kens last win was a close decision against Jonathan Ivy almost ten years ago. The guys Chael is beating are much better than that

To be fair, this fight with Fedor he took some big shots. He never quit in my eyes. The Rashad fight was a different story.

He quit. He turtled blocked and waited for the ref to save him. That’s quitting. And I’m a huge fan of Chael.

I’m sure he’ll fight as long as people show up to watch.

Kind of but at a higher level. Kens last win was a close decision against Jonathan Ivy almost ten years ago. The guys Chael is beating are much better than that
I agree, for now. If he keeps talking, and cashes in early 2-3 more times, he's on his way.

Even at his age Chael looks pretty good against other former top tier legends. I'd wage and say he'd beat many young up comers if he ever fought them. Ken Shamrock on the other hand was in terrible shape by the time he hit 40.

Of course not. Chael has always been like this. Win by decision or the occasional tko or sub, or get overwhelmed in a round or two when faced with adversity. He tried against Fedor but just wasn't strong enough. Maybe it's a strategy to avoid taking too much career damage. Win when he can, live to fight another day when he knows he's overmatched.

Back