is CC Sabathia a hall of famer?

ProBoxingInsidr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Heard this discussed yesterday. he will hit 250 wins this year or next. he has the 3rd most k's for a left hander all time. both quite impressive. however, for me he has been mediocre for so log, i just forget how good he was. by todays standards, especially since he was a yankee (even though Mussina could be argued) i see him getting in. i dont think so, what say you guys?

239-146 w-l 3.69 era 2862 k's 1 cy young

If he hits 250 wins and 3k’s he’ll eventually get in.

Probably, although I never consider him a “great pitcher”. Those numbers don’t lie though.

His chances might have been better if he retired earlier. He hasn't been as impressive the last few seasons and those are the freshest in people's minds.

He's a weird case. I have no idea and won't argue it either way

His chances might have been better if he retired earlier. He hasn't been as impressive the last few seasons and those are the freshest in people's minds.
He was actually good last year and is somehow still good so far this year. You've got it reversed - it his longevity that's helping his cause towards it

I would say no, but if they still have the Old Timers vote (they keep changing and reducing their influence) in 20+ years he'll have a chance. He was only a great pitcher for a few years and even that peak wasn't blow you away impressive. Old timers committee historically loves longevity numbers though.

Last year the Yankees did a good job of pulling him at the right time and holding the lead. Only reason his record was impressive at all. He wasn't even a 6 inning starter. I really don't think he has much left to add to his legacy.

I would say no, but if they still have the Old Timers vote (they keep changing and reducing their influence) in 20+ years he'll have a chance. He was only a great pitcher for a few years and even that peak wasn't blow you away impressive. Old timers committee historically loves longevity numbers though.

Last year the Yankees did a good job of pulling him at the right time and holding the lead. Only reason his record was impressive at all. He wasn't even a 6 inning starter. I really don't think he has much left to add to his legacy.

When Milwaukee had him in 2008 he was unstoppable.

When Milwaukee had him in 2008 he was unstoppable.
That was half a season. He was an excellent pitcher for about 6 or 7 years and has some solid career numbers. I just don't think it's a HOF career, because outside of those seasons he's average or just slightly above it in his early years and below average in his later ones.

If you’re a kid would you wanna be like a fat baseball player? Didn’t think so.

If you’re a kid would you wanna be like a fat baseball player? Didn’t think so.

GEOAT
funny-pictures-of-red-sox-players.jpg

I think he will, but it’ll be a long time before he gets in

I was just talking about this the other day with a friend.

It's going to be close since his win total is high for modern day baseball.

But the ERA is a bit lackluster. One Cy Young does help.

I honestly can't say with him, but giving the benefit of the doubt, I'd say he gets in.

Add the 2 rings he will get this season and next and he's a lock.

Back