Is Calvin Gastelum the Fastest Fat Guy in the UFC?

none of that sports science nonsense, they only want your money. Floyd don't deal in that nonsense things.

ChkcwxzWsAA4SJo.jpg

Chubby cats have an advantage over lean ones. :D

reverse-1278927839_fat-cat.gif

Sherdog doesn't even know what "fat" is. Why would 10 or 15 extra pounds on a young athlete like Kelvin slow him down in any significant way?

The concern with that body type in a sport with weight divisions isn't speed/quickness... it's that the fighter will be undersized for the division in terms of muscle mass.

Even Hendricks, who has slowed down with age, isn't having difficulty in the division because he's too fat. He's having difficulty because the extra fat has forced him into a division where he's too small, especially with is little t-rex arms.
Wow, this is just hyper stupidity

guy is 5'9ft 220 pounds knocking out big ass middleweights his hands are so fast if he stopped pushing tortas down his mouth he could be the welterweight champion.

Bruh...you ever find a good torta spot? If you did, you would be 350lbs by the end of the week guaranteed.

I say let home dude eat as many tortas as he wants. At this rate, Calven Gastelieum will crease up anyone put in front of him. This guy would get far in an open weight tournament.

let the boy eat, I want him to keep knocking out the elderly.

GSP.....

bloodsport1.jpg

you are next.

guy is 5'9ft 220 pounds knocking out big ass middleweights his hands are so fast if he stopped pushing tortas down his mouth he could be the welterweight champion.
Well, with the departure or Roy Nelson. he is also the hardest puncher of all fat guys.

Wow, this is just hyper stupidity

You can say so all you like.

But it's not the least bit atypical for young fighters with a few extra pounds to be every bit as quick as, and often more quick than, their leaner opponents.

BJ at WW.
Kelvin at MW.
DC at LHW and HW.
Even Fedor at HW.

You really think speed was Hendricks's problem in his last fight? Or could it have been that because he's fat and fighting in the wrong division, the guy he was fighting was massively larger and stronger that he was? You can have your own opinion on this, I suppose, but I don't know where you'd get it from.

Same rule goes for amateur wrestling (which I've been involved in for 30+ years). Wrestlers don't stay so lean and cut so much weight to avoid being at a speed disadvantage. They do it to avoid being at a size and strength disadvantage. That's just the truth. You don't have to like it, or even believe it, but that's how it is.

Back