Is Barnett going to fight again?

Rudeboyben84

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Barnett has been inactive for over a year now, He was busted again after the Arlovski fight but im not sure what type of ban he got? What are we looking? Id guess at least a couple of years given its what? his 4th time?

I don't know if he admitted guilt or had a thai dick pills excuse ready to go but no matter what after breaking the record for MMA drug busts you gotta think he is looking at a lengthy suspension.

It would be good to see UFC release him and let him finish out his career in Japan but I can see them holding his contract ransom as a punishment... whats people think? Lifetime ban? Can UFC keep him under contract if he is looking at a lifetime ban in the US?

Without the steroids, Barnett is nothing.

Is normal.

maybe in Rizin, once Rizin takes over from the UFC as the dominant MMA organization in the world.

Should happen any year now.

Yeah I haven't heard anything since USADA popped him so probably? I agree that he should be allowed to go to Rizin to finish his career but considering his history with Dana he will probably hold him hostage,it's a shame becuse even though he's a notorious roider, he still has elite skills and is a top 7 guy. I still think he's legend of the sport.

Looks like he's helping promote or develop a new grappling organization with Saku.

He corners other fighters in Rizin. He might as well go over there and fight for them

UFC should release him So he can go back to Japan or wrestling whatever

I don't understand why guys like Barnett even juice. It isn't like his game is based on strength or athleticism.

I would like to see him in Rizin. War Barnett!

He was busted again after the Arlovski fight but im not sure what type of ban he got? What are we looking? Id guess at least a couple of years
it was out of competition, so no AC's were involved. that means USADA (and UFC) get to choose the punishment. it seems they haven't. or, the 3 parties quietly reached an agreement. no one really knows.

given its what? his 4th time?
i think 4th is right, if you include the 1st which was unofficial (beta program). #2 was Couture, #3 was Fedor. i might be missing one.

I don't know if he admitted guilt or had a thai dick pills excuse ready to go
he hasn't. he strongly denied the 2nd, and the 3rd was a test to get a CSAC license, so due to a loophole (he wasn't actually a licensed fighter yet so they couldn't punish him) he just had to sit a year and then start the process again. this time he also didn't make any official comment either way.

It would be good to see UFC release him and let him finish out his career in Japan but I can see them holding his contract ransom as a punishment... whats people think? Lifetime ban? Can UFC keep him under contract if he is looking at a lifetime ban in the US?
as per my first comment, no one is really sure. they're letting him wrestle (though that's never been an issue).

so no one really knows.

it's quite possible he's done fighting, and has agreed to just quietly disappear. that would explain why USADA never handed down a punishment.

Last edited:
clinch and grappling don't require strength? Tell me more...
Obviously it requires strength. But Barnett is a technician, not a brute. How much more effective is a fraction of a percent of capability going to make him?

You think Cormier can toss bigger guys around over his head just because he's "stronger" than them?

Back