Is Alex Pereira the least deserving black belt ever?

Wanderlei has never been subbed in his career. He's a good blackbelt. Cristiano Marcello doesn't give out mcbelts. Plenty of dudes from our gym at white and blue can go toe to toe with purples from other gyms. I remember how pissed he was when Shogun got subbed by Sonnen.

Even if I'm absolutely no fan of Vitor, I think he only has been subbed twice, once by Reem and once by Jon Jones?

Pereira is trained under Texeira right? Don't think he's going to risk his reputation giving out belts.

There have been many questionable black belts in MMA history (Vitor, Wanderlei, Cub Swanson, Poirier), but this may be the worst I can think of. Getting a black belt after a fight where 2 seconds of "grappling" was involved is comical at best, downright pathetic at worst.
Woodley

Vitor ? He competed at ADCC.

Regular folks get a black belt in 10 years.

I bet Alex can submit a bunch of regular people who are black belt.

Unless someone here is actually in the gym with him none of us can say for sure, but if what is said is true, that Alex started training BJJ around 2015 then it would be very possible that he does. Not to mention Glover doesn't really seem the type of guy to just give black belts away.

Now this is how you troll. I like it!

But just in case you're new to the sport, which I don't truly believe you are because you know Vitor, Wand, and Cub,or maybe you're unfamiliar with grappling etiquette, black belts are usually decided on before by their instructor who, usually waits to give it in a moment of celebration. He earned that belt before the fight, it was just given in that moment as an appreciation from a teacher to a student.

I miss the days when it was unpopular to shit on Woodley.

I miss being different and special... and right.
So garbage. most satsifying fall from grace ever. Felt so vindicated knowing he was never that good.

He didn't look like a black belt when Adesanya had him down for an entire round. Luckily Alex was saved by the end of the round where he could get back up.
I wouldn't put much stock in belts. They have bad ass blues and purples that just quit getting promoted. Or white belt khabib. I'm sure hes pretty decent by now working under glover. World class athletes will make people look like trash sometimes. The only bb I truly question was Rashad evans but I never rolled with him.

He's been training with Glover for how long now? At least 3 years right? Also his first MMA fight was 2015 and he had a couple in 2016 so who knows how long he's been training BJJ.

I mean Joe Rogan is a black belt and has as many subs as Pereira.

It would be hilarious if we find out that he actually is a legit black belt when someone decides to test him.

Go and grapple it away from him, lol.

A lot of you fucks seem to forget BJJ in Brazil is about fighting, not twirling around on the mats scissoring your favorite sweaty spandex partner trying to get leg locks.

I never trained BJJ but just to help with some dates apparently Poatan started training BJJ in 2015, received his brown belt after Izzy's first fight (nov/22) and now received his black belt.

Back