Iron Claw

Were you not familiar with the material before seeing the movie? There was another Von Erich (Chris) not included in the movie who also committed suicide.

No clue, I remember The Texas Tornado but the only thing about the von Erich's was theres is wrestling biography episode title 'curse of the von erichs', only episode I skipped.

When I left the movie I googled it, I was shocked that the movie could have been even darker

No clue, I remember The Texas Tornado but the only thing about the von Erich's was theres is wrestling biography episode title 'curse of the von erichs', only episode I skipped.

When I left the movie I googled it, I was shocked that the movie could have been even darker
The fact that they skipped that all the brothers were functioning drug addicts and alcoholics who spent almost every day pilled out of their minds would have made even more an impact imo. Bleak as it was, you're 100% right, it could have been a lot darker. The angelic representation of the boys was the only thing that gave the movie any heart.

There were a couple of older wrestling fanatics in the theatre that were clearly not fully hooked up.

My back is fucked and sitting is no bueno so a couple times during the movie I got up and stood/paced in the entrance hallway.

I'm standing there and one of the wrestling fanatics comes down, opens his phone and uses the talk to text thing and says 'stop texting me, I'm watching a movie'.

He goes back to his seat.

A minute later he's back down beside me, does the talk text thing again and says 'I told you to stop texting me. Its a wrestling movie. Seriously just stop it.'

That was the only time I smiled during the last half of that movie

Watched at least first several minutes and switched to watching something else and intend to finish it later. Kept wondering if Zac was supposed to be Kerry. Didn't know Kevin was HW.

Back