Iowa State Championships - Fixed Referee?

Uptown Swinger

--⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆- ✡ -⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆--
@Black
Reaction score
Rocky Lombardi #7 was wrestling defending state champ Wyatt Wriedt #8 in the 3A 220 lbs finals.
Lombardi handed Wriedt his only loss of the year a month ago , and Wriedt gave Lombardi his only loss in December.

The ref hits Lombardi with the worst stall call ever to send the match into OT.
Then the ref calls a bad Take Down call to end the match and Wreidt wins!

Hard to believe that a ref working the TX State Finals Championship match sucked that bad.
Did this ref get paid?
Did he have something against Lombardi or his coach?

Link to video highlights of the bad calls:
http://www.flowrestling.org/article...get-a-state-title-taken-from-him#.WLRVpDhiZ4R

61846485.jpg

Happened in Iowa not Texas.
Sprawling to defend a takedown attempt isn't stalling.

Shit call by ref on stalling. 4 seconds left in the match and the guy gets hit with a stall in the middle of a sprawl.
And the takedown looked more like a scramble off an attempted takedown to me. There didn't seem to be any control to grant the 2 points.

I didn't know adults watched high school sports.
I still watch and follow high school wrestling. Several kids that came through the youth program that my kids are in now are heading to states. Others are wrestling D1 and D2 on scholarships now. The high school and college wrestlers come back to the practice room and help out with the young guys when they can. It makes for a close knit communit.

Watched the clip a few days ago. Need to see more of the match before determining if it was legit or bullshit. But it looks like bullshit.

Stalling is a technique if done with some acting skills.

Stalling is a technique if done with some acting skills.
Agreed. But with 4 seconds left in the match it didn't even really leave time to stall. Not to mention the kid was sprawling a takedown.

Agreed. But with 4 seconds left in the match it didn't even really leave time to stall. Not to mention the kid was sprawling a takedown.

And he didn't wait 4 seconds to call it - he called it right away.

I was in the Drama Club in high school so I'm guilty. I only stalled if I was leading in the last period.

Wrestling was invented so guys had an excuse to oil check each other without coming out.

Back