Invicta FC 9: Honchak vs Hashi 9pm et/6pm pt/1am UK DISCUSSION

That is just pathetic matchmaking. On one hand you have Porto who already lost to Honchak last year in a title bout, On the other hand you have Roxanne who until her last fight was on a six fight losing streak going back to 2010 and they are in a elimination fight for the 125 lb title!!!

six-fight losing streak at 135 without cutting weight at all.... and if you don't count getting into the house. She also lost mainly due to pulling guard to work off her back, and some concussions from being slammed on her head.

Her last fight she did what people thought she couldn't... outstrike an opponent. She'll certainly be an underdog in almost any fight she has. But no reason to really doubt her to the point of writing her off.

Not really a surprise, Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc has retired from professional MMA via her twitter.

Sad to hear...but after this fight tonight, it was kind of like, "Where does she go from here?"

Jarl

1rd into the main fight i rage quit out of boredom looks like I made the right choice.

That's all they can get to challenge Honchak? Honchak has beaten them both already. Modafferi stands little chance IMO. Meh.

Yeah really. Invicta FC has 12 flyweights (not counting Takayo Hashi) and they decide that her next fight will be against either of the only 2 fighters she has fought before out of the 12. And one of those two - Modaferri - has previously lost to Takao Hashi. I guess they are going with the name recognition of Modafferi to potentially create interest. Not sure why Porto is back so soon though. I guess it comes down to experience. But Jennifer Maia and Zoila Gurgel have enough but their losses to Porto and Leslie Smith respectively must have eliminated them.

Last edited:
six-fight losing streak at 135 without cutting weight at all.... and if you don't count getting into the house. She also lost mainly due to pulling guard to work off her back, and some concussions from being slammed on her head.

Her last fight she did what people thought she couldn't... outstrike an opponent. She'll certainly be an underdog in almost any fight she has. But no reason to really doubt her to the point of writing her off.

And to add to this, she has basically reinvented herself, moved back to the states for good, and for the first time in her career, I believe, has embraced a top level team (Syndicate). There is no reason to believe she can't rediscover a killer instinct fighting alongside teammates such as Jaime Moyle, for instance.

I'm actually really excited to see the new and improved Roxy and how far she can take it. But no doubt, this next fight will certainly clear any misconceptions as to the direction her fighting style will take.

Porto is a very game opponent, defintely will make or break her comeback.

And to add to this, she has basically reinvented herself, moved back to the states for good, and for the first time in her career, I believe, has embraced a top level team (Syndicate). There is no reason to believe she can't rediscover a killer instinct fighting alongside teammates such as Jaime Moyle, for instance.

I'm actually really excited to see the new and improved Roxy and how far she can take it. But no doubt, this next fight will certainly clear any misconceptions as to the direction her fighting style will take.

Porto is a very game opponent, defintely will make or break her comeback.
The new and improved Roxy broke a six fight losing streak going back to 2010 by defeating a Tara Larosa who is so shot that for her own good should never be booked for another fight again. A Tara Larosa who could barley move and seemed to be more interested in making silly faces than actually fighting.

The new and improved Roxy broke a six fight losing streak going back to 2010 by defeating a Tara Larosa who is so shot that for her own good should never be booked for another fight again.

But the way she did it, she wasn't fighting like that six-fight loser. She has an actual striking style, complete with head movement and footwork! She actually learned how to throw a proper punch with power behind it. She has better cardio, too. Basically, Syndicate threw out all the old stuff she was doing that got her that 6 fight losing streak, and started fresh. She's not doing the same things training-wise that she did when she was in Japan, so comparison to that streak is irrelevant.

You'll see! Roxy will make you a believer, 58mile!

-Just-believe-Peter-johnny-depp-23506582-500-211.gif

Karolina is approaching Jojo level cuteness here:

[YT]SX2yNpJI4Po[/YT]

Karolina is giddy because she won.
But nevermind her.

Raquel is busted up and looks like Scarface.
Shouldn't she be with a doctor now.

I wonder if blood was still dripping from her face at that press conference.

The Japanese fighters were gone, but they probably had a plane to catch.

But the way she did it, she wasn't fighting like that six-fight loser. She has an actual striking style, complete with head movement and footwork! She actually learned how to throw a proper punch with power behind it. She has better cardio, too. Basically, Syndicate threw out all the old stuff she was doing that got her that 6 fight losing streak, and started fresh. She's not doing the same things training-wise that she did when she was in Japan, so comparison to that streak is irrelevant.

You'll see! Roxy will make you a believer, 58mile!

-Just-believe-Peter-johnny-depp-23506582-500-211.gif
I'm already a believer. I believe that Roxy has won a grand total of 1 fight since 2010. I believe Roxy lost 6 fights in a row. I believe Roxy ended her 6 fight losing streak by beating a Tara Larosa who puts the capital "O" in Over the hill. I believe Roxy being in a title eliminator match is a joke. Most of all I believe that Vanessa Porto is going to beat Roxy's ass until candy comes out in this joke of a title eliminator match.

I'm already a believer. I believe that Roxy has won a grand total of 1 fight since 2010. I believe Roxy lost 6 fights in a row. I believe Roxy ended her 6 fight losing streak by beating a Tara Larosa who puts the capital "O" in Over the hill. I believe Roxy being in a title eliminator match is a joke. Most of all I believe that Vanessa Porto is going to beat Roxy's ass until candy comes out in this joke of a title eliminator match.

You're being redundant, but that's ok I guess? I get your point.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that Bennett wasn't offered a title eliminator match considering she has a solid win streak, wins against decent opponents and hasn't yet lost to Barb.

I agree with Ben236, Bennett looked so dominant tat I thought she`d be the obvious choice. They should at least schedule Bennett vs. Lee (or Maia) on the next card so they can start generating some future challengers.

Jarl

lol... alright buddy. Also, once again, she won the fight to get into the house. You can diminish it all you want, but she got in a cage with a person and fought. So....

The 5'3" Karolina Kowalkiewicz post-fight with the 5'4" Mizuki Inoue. Nice to see they are still friends afterwords. I am sure there is much more of that in the women's game then the men's.

Back