Invicta FC 17: Evinger vs. Schneider (9pm ET) Fight Pass PBP Discussion

Was out drinking on saturday and it took me whole of yestarday hiding from spoilers before I could get the time to watch a replay. But damn, it was worth it. Many good & fun fights - Medeiros was was impressive as hell and Anderson/Bell had a very pleasant amount of violence.

But Hill was by far the #1 star of the night. Seeing her develop from getting summarily owned on the ground in TUF and badly outwrestled by Torres in UFC to holding her own on the ground against someone on the level of Souza, getting up and handily outpunching her for the whole fight (couldn't believe some judge gave it to Souza wtf?!). Great job, and great, great improvement in a relatively short time. :)

As a random aside, while Condom Depot on everyone's ass looked a bit iffy, seeing stuff like Schneider's awesome Star Trek top reminds me why the uniform look in UFC is a really, really bland idea.

Finally watched it.

Very pleased with the two 145er fights :) (tho kinda sad for Amanda Bell)

Pretty sure that Sean Shelby has openly said he wouldn't book Evinger and Lorenzo is pissed at her for beating Aldana.
Didn't Evinger and Shelby ..eh.. kinda squash their beef?

I think I remember some I'm-gonna-beat-you-up talk (from Tonya) and then some backstage pics that looked like some sort of cautious truce.

Back