Insane suplex counter to standing guillotine

Why are slams not allowed in bjj?
This would be illegal in bjj but in wrestling it would probably earn you the win.

With all the buttscotting, guard pulling i guess it kinda makes the sport looks softer

This would be illegal in bjj but in wrestling it would probably earn you the win.

With all the buttscotting, guard pulling i guess it kinda makes the sport looks softer

Th same reason reaping and Hh are not, pussy ass ibjjf rules

Th same reason reaping and Hh are not, pussy ass ibjjf rules

Because too many people that get their self respect from competition can't be trusted to look out for their opponent.

That wasn't even a fucking slam.

I get that if someone is in full guard, they don't want you going all Rampage Jackson; personally, I don't mind it and think you should know how to defend (because in reality it opens the person up doing it more than anything). That was just a technical throw though, no 'slam' about it.

It is nice, but this will only happen if the guy who tries to guillotine is lazy and relieves the weight, or lets his hips get too close

It thought it is going to be like the Goldberg Jackhammer, but is opposite.

Because we don't want to have students ended paralysed!

It is nice, but this will only happen if the guy who tries to guillotine is lazy and relieves the weight, or lets his hips get too close

Islam Dagushaev (SP?) would get that move all of the time (from a front headlock), he would give his opponent his head, duck under, lock the body up, and throw.

Islam Dagushaev (SP?) would get that move all of the time (from a front headlock), he would give his opponent his head, duck under, lock the body up, and throw.
Couldn't find anything, but I like the idea of it. I am not a fan of giving my opponent a free headlock just to do it, but over the years I have been reasonably good at forcing my opponent to extend his arm out (to either try a snap down/post on my head) so he gives up the space beneath his arm. Essentially like the duck under series you posted in the "superduck" thread: it works really well. Then of course, try and trap an arm, and try to land opponent on their back for 4.

As far as I know supplexing somebody is no more illegal in BJJ than it is in judo, where it is very common. It's not illegal to slam your opponent down with a takedown, whether it be ura nage or seoi nage.

You can't deliberately spike somebody who is in guard on their head, but I don't think you can just spike somebody any way you want in wrestling either ... could be wrong though.

As far as I know supplexing somebody is no more illegal in BJJ than it is in judo, where it is very common. It's not illegal to slam your opponent down with a takedown, whether it be ura nage or seoi nage.

You can't deliberately spike somebody who is in guard on their head, but I don't think you can just spike somebody any way you want in wrestling either ... could be wrong though.
Folkstyle.. no, because a big proportion of participants are middle and high school children of vastly varying athlethic ability

Freestyle/greco- spike the mother fucker

High-amplitude takedowns are perfectly legal in ibjjf. The sequence in the video would have been fine, as far as I know. You just can't slam down as an escape from a submission, to open closed guard, or basically any other situation where your opponent is already on the bottom.

High-amplitude takedowns are perfectly legal in ibjjf. The sequence in the video would have been fine, as far as I know. You just can't slam down as an escape from a submission, to open closed guard, or basically any other situation where your opponent is already on the bottom.
I'm not 100% sold on that. What about the crotch lift from the single leg, finishing how Cormier did against Barnett and Henderson?

I'm not 100% sold on that. What about the crotch lift from the single leg, finishing how Cormier did against Barnett and Henderson?
Wouldn't it depend on how the guy being lifted lands? It's easy to give up your back on a lift if you're trying to avoid injury, but that comes with the experience of being thrown or being taught to break fall.

This reminds me of the ban on sumi gaeshi off of the single leg. It becomes devastating if you don't roll the right way and land on your head. Otherwise, it's one of the gentler throws I've ever been hit with.

I looked up the current rules and stand partially corrected. "Suplex takedown technique, landing with the opponent's head or neck on the ground" is banned at all levels. Further refined, "The suplex movements that will project or force the opponent’s head or neck into the ground.
Obs: The suplex takedown is defined by the attacking athlete lifting the opponent at the waist in order to take him/her down, by throwing him backwards or sideways to the ground. The use of this technique is still permitted provided that the movement does not force the opponent’s head or neck into the ground."

It would seem the guillotine escape would not count as a suplex since there was no lift at the waist and he was thrown forward. YMMV, though.

What about the crotch lift from the single leg, finishing how Cormier did against Barnett and Henderson?

I don't think there would be a problem with this since it isn't a suplex or a "slam" in the common meaning, although I will admit after reading them again that "slam" is not clearly defined in the IBJJF rules.

Back