Injury and School Fees Question

TheMood

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I have been at the same school more then three years now and am not on any contract. I got hurt in the end of January and didn't think it was that bad. I got it checked out recently and I fractured my thumb in class. Now I have a cast that I will keep on for four weeks. Once I found this out I asked my instructor to stop charging me for class. I already paid for February and March since the school just charged my credit card. I trained a few days in February and didn't train at all in March. I am going to ask my instructor for a month of credit whenever I do go back. Do you guys think there is anything wrong with this? Have any of you done something similar or done something similar for a student of yours?

Sounds reasonable to me, can't hurt to bring it up in a friendly way.

I'd say you should go to class, sit on the side lines and watch/listen/observe to help keep it fresh.

I think its reasonable for your account to be put on hold, however if you really like where you train, I see it as
continuing to support the school by still paying whether or not you can train. (terrible run on sentence)
Last year I had to take 2 months off to heal 3 different areas that where really nagging. ( ribs, elbow, back)
I chose to just continue paying.

If a student is going to be out for 2 or more weeks, I just request that they notify me and I automatically put their account on hold for the month

Thanks for the replies guys. I went by the school and watched one day. It was good to see everyone but it was still a bit depressing.

I think its reasonable for your account to be put on hold, however if you really like where you train, I see it as
continuing to support the school by still paying whether or not you can train. (terrible run on sentence)
Last year I had to take 2 months off to heal 3 different areas that where really nagging. ( ribs, elbow, back)
I chose to just continue paying.

I understand your point but I guess I don't have as much money as you do.

asking for a freeze is normal and very common.

I'd say you should go to class, sit on the side lines and watch/listen/observe to help keep it fresh.

Yup

Sounds like he can shrimp, bridge, squat and stretch. I don't see what the problem is.

Go to class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back