Injuries by a White Belt?

T-Bone

Banned 2X but still here
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone sustain an injury by a white belt? I knew a guy that needed ortho surgery to his knee due to a white belt.

In my case, I was rolling and started to stack my partner... not hard. But I told him I was gonna back off and I no longer stacked him. He was only partiallypartially stacked anyway.

A minute later, he is cranking on my neck like his life depended on it.

Gotta have my neck looked at.

-T

Maybe you should have taken video and send it to Roy Harris to let you know what you should have done instead.

Good thing, with all this extra time off the mat you have time to argue with people who actually know things about jiu jitsu. so win/win?

I usually tap and then proceed to show them how it's done, since I'm a fairly mellow training partner unless specifically asked to roll hard beforehand.

If I had tried to tough it out I can guarantee I'd have broken several fingers on each hand several times. I have also had ankle soreness from badly executed footlocks.

"The master swordsman fears the novice. "

I'm always cautious when rolling with big white belts I don't know. the truth is, I catch elbows to the eye sockets all the time. With white belts I'm usually certain it's an accident. Don't know about the blues and purples tho.

As an aside, I don't know how a white belt can "injure" someone's knee on purpose unless they're consciously doing a very illegal move or both people are being meatheads. Sometimes accidents happen and things just get torqued. It's a combat sport.

Take some pictures and email them to your doctor, who will be able to evaluate online and give you a diagnosis. After all, he got his degree online too, watching videos how to be a doctor. Don't be closed minded.

Also there's nothing wrong with stacking to pass, but its also weird you talked to him that you were backing off. Maybe you pissed him off with your condescending attitude.

You don't need to "sign" your posts. You have a username and its very clear who is saying what.

Edit: somebody please fill me in on the roy Harris and video grading jabs please

You don't need to "sign" your posts. You have a username and its very clear who is saying what.

Edit: somebody please fill me in on the roy Harris and video grading jabs please

He's a whitebelt with a few months of training arguing condescendingly that he knows more than experienced grapplers how BJJ should be taught. Imagine those whitebelts that try to coach their training partners on the mat, talking to you during rolls about what you're doing wrong...that's how this guy is - he thinks he's smarter than everyone else, when in reality he's too stupid to realize his own stupidity.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/get-a-brown-belt-from-roy-harris-by-email-for-150.3222291/

TLDR: T-Bone thinks online promotion is ok. T-Bone is a 53 year old white belt who has been training for less than 6 months and never did combat sports before.

If you disagree with him you are:
1. Closed minded, "just accepting of status-quo" and scared of evolution. he compares not accepting online belts to being against women voting
2. When told he doesn't know what he is talking about because he is a white belt.. those people are automatically jerks and mean and just because he has barely trained, never coached, or developed a curriculum doesn't invalidate his opinion

Over the course of a long argument. He would directly call people out and try to ask "what experience do you have developing or teaching curriculum. When people like myself who actually have taught tried to answer him with science. He would ignore it

And he's really passive aggressive and thinks removing ground and pound is the answer to increasing bjj in mma..

Great, now I have people crapping on the thread. I guess you need something higher than a white belt to crap on through it.

I guess I have not yet learned that difficult technique of thread crapping. Wish me luck guys, I'm going to try my hardest to Aspire to be like you thread crappers.

-T

He's harassing and PMing me now :(. Fuck me

And so the stalker continues to follow me. You do not have to like my opinion. But if you have students that you coach, and you treat them this way? Then I question your ability to coach. Move Along.

Sherdog is pretty big. If you don't like this thread, find one you like. It's obvious you are stalking me. The worst part is we disagreed on an opinion. Oh my gosh. This is like the early days of the internet when people would argue over little s***. Move along. You have it in your mind that your opinion is greater than mine. Find solace in that.

-T

And so the stalker continues to follow me. You do not have to like my opinion. But if you have students that you coach, and you treat them this way? Then I question your ability to coach. Move Along.

Sherdog is pretty big. If you don't like this thread, find one you like. It's obvious you are stalking me. The worst part is we disagreed on an opinion. Oh my gosh. This is like the early days of the internet when people would argue over little s***. Move along. You have it in your mind that your opinion is greater than mine. Find solace in that.

-T
How does me bitching about getting harassed and PMed by you constitute me stalking you? WTF

He sent me one as well. Maybe he should go to a college and find a safe space where he can say what he wants and not hear any criticism so his "feelings" can be spared. He doesn't like the real world feedback apparently.

He sent me one as well. Maybe he should go to a college and find a safe space where he can say what he wants and not hear any criticism so his "feelings" can be spared. He doesn't like the real world feedback apparently.

I will tell you the same thing I told the other thread crapapers. If there's nothing here for you, find a thread you like. The PM was my discreet attempt to tell you to stop crapping on my threads.

But yeah, you thread crsppers "got me real good" < sarcasm >

-T

I said for him to find a safe space too :)

And he's insulting my coaching abilities.. should I get really offended, harass him privately and whine?

ok ill come clean. t bone is just a troll ive been doing on a different account. i couldnt stop myself. if t bone objects to this, just know its me arguing with myself

ok ill come clean. t bone is just a troll ive been doing on a different account. i couldnt stop myself. if t bone objects to this, just know its me arguing with myself
Why would a troll PM me?

Back