Inherited father in law's guns and bows

Big Nasty Edison

Excellence of execution belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just came into my first guns. Going to down to gun shop after work to get the proper licenses for my state.

Thought I'd share.

Didn't look at the bows to find make/models. The revolver is a Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum. Just picked em up on my lunch break at work and put em away at home for now.

20161014_122738.jpg

20161014_123010.jpg

20161014_123058.jpg

20161014_125209.jpg

That 686 can be a fun one for sure. Guns are cool.

Ed, get to know the guys at your local gun shop. Get a couple lessons and you'll be on your way to enjoying a new hobby. Shooting can be a lot of fun. Congratulations. That's very cool!

Thanks! I don't think he ever fired the revolver. I had to use a screw driver to open the case. Thankfully the trigger lock keys were in it under the foam.

Where do you live? I ask because the first thing I do with the trigger lock stuff and is throw that bullshart away.

I know the feeling when I go out and buy a new gun. There's something that just makes you feel like a man. It's just ultra cool. Even better for you, cause you didn't have to spend any money!

Where do you live? I ask because the first thing I do with the trigger lock stuff and is throw that bullshart away.

I live in Illinois, just on the eastern side of the Mississippi.

I live in Illinois, just on the eastern side of the Mississippi.
Are the trigger locks a requirement? If so I wouldn't fiddle with them. If you ever end up actually needing that 686 in an emergency the damn key will be missing/unable to be found.

Are the trigger locks a requirement? If so I wouldn't fiddle with them. If you ever end up actually needing that 686 in an emergency the damn key will be missing/unable to be found.

I have no clue yet. Lots of learning to do!! I brought the bows and shotgun home but I left the 686 over there as I didn't know the laws of me transporting it to my home without a license and all that crap. Should be going to the gun shop in an hour or so.

I don't have children so that's not a concern of having any locks or that kind of thing.

I have no clue yet. Lots of learning to do!! I brought the bows and shotgun home but I left the 686 over there as I didn't know the laws of me transporting it to my home without a license and all that crap. Should be going to the gun shop in an hour or so.

I don't have children so that's not a concern of having any locks or that kind of thing.

Remember, illegal is only when you get caught.

I just read some reviews, will watch this later. Thanks Rip.

He also had a 2013 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport with six speed manual. I'm the only one in the family that can drive it but unfortnately I won't be inheriting that. Gonna sell it for his widow when the title comes in (had to file for lost title).

Looks identical to this one.

2013_chevrolet_corvette_z16_grand_sport_crystal_red_in_easley_south_carolina_5870004460141475296.jpg

The bows havent been fired for years, so they will need maintenance surely. I know you have to condition the string, right? Anyone have any pro tips to make sure they are still in good shape?

How much do you want for the revolver?

Congrats TS. Sorry about the circumstances.

Thanks. He passed on Christmas Eve 2015. Brain cancer. The misses and I have been taking care of things over there a lot lately since her useless sister moved out (thanks goodness) so starting to get into different things.

How much do you want for the revolver?

Not for sale! But I thoguht about it!

Going to the gun shop to get the "proper licenses?"

That's some bullshit state.

Going to the gun shop to get the "proper licenses?"

That's some bullshit state.

I'm a complete noob so I probably didn't use the right terminology.

In IL though you have to have a Firearms Owner Identification Card from the State to even hold a gun.

To legally possess firearms or ammunition, Illinois residents must have a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card, which is issued by the Illinois State Police to any qualified applicant.
(FOID) card - IL Concealed Carry License

It costs $11. I also had to update my drivers license address first before I could apply which was $6 =/

Thanks. He passed on Christmas Eve 2015. Brain cancer. The misses and I have been taking care of things over there a lot lately since her useless sister moved out (thanks goodness) so starting to get into different things.

Not for sale! But I thoguht about it!

Well if you change your mind let me know.

Some nice stuff there, that 870 should be a nice donit all shotgun for you and it's always good to have a nice 357 magnum around (in fact, I think it's really strange when I meet a fun person and they don't have a 357).

Pse makes nice bows but I can't really tell much about that bow from the picture other than its a pse, should make a nice deer slayer.

I know dick about crossbows other than the guy on the walking dead has one but that in itself makes scoring a crossbow pretty awesome.

In fact, between the crossbow and that 6" revolver, you have some walking dead theme stuff going on.

Back