Information about 'ripping'?

snowman22

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've read on here that cecchine could make a man cry with his rips. I can't really find anything online about various rips. Does anyone here practise them? Is there any instructionals that show them?

Edit: a few people on here use pressure points while rolling. Is there instructionals on how to use this in bjj?

I think in time you just learn these things, Where to press, how to make it the least comfortable. . Haven't seen an instructional dedicated to it...

I've read on here that cecchine could make a man cry with his rips. I can't really find anything online about various rips. Does anyone here practise them? Is there any instructionals that show them?

Edit: a few people on here use pressure points while rolling. Is there instructionals on how to use this in bjj?

cecchine Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

i dont know what ripping means but take a look at wade schales legal pain, i think thats the guy

Pain is overrated as a control technique. Pain is a byproduct of some moves when correctly executed and that's fine, but it's harder to think of a worse way to try and improve at grappling than aiming to cause more pain to your opponents. Reason being, as you get better people stop caring much about pain and really only worry about joint damage or passing out. I can easily get white belts to tap to pain and discomfort if I want to, but it's a losing tactic because the moves that make white belts freak out and panic tap don't do a damn thing to brown and black belts, unless they are also mechanically sound techniques. Certainly trying to cause pain can make you unpleasant to roll with, but unless you're threatening to break something I'm not tapping in a match.

Half expected this to be a thread about farts during rolling.

I have known some guys who could make men cry with those rips too.

Things this thread could have been about:
10th planet bong ripping
Farts
Getting ripped and muscley
Ripping people's shorts and rash guards

Pain wasn't even on my radar.

It's not that I necessarily want to use it while rolling, I just want to know about what it is and the techniques that are used in catch/grappling.

It's not that I necessarily want to use it while rolling, I just want to know about what it is and the techniques that are used in catch/grappling.

From what I've seen from Catch guys, ripping is mostly about doing things like dropping your knees on people's shins, digging your elbows and knees into peoples' faces, etc. It's definitely unpleasant, it can make people move, but the better you get the less effective it is.

Pressure and body misalignment > pain. Pain/discomfort goes hand in hand with those things, but it isn't the goal, it's a byproduct.

I've literally never heard anyone call it "ripping" before. So I'm useless here.

Having watched his RIP DVD some time ago I remember him going on about fishhooking, eye gouging, chest hair pulling (well, he is Italian so I guess that might come in handy in his neighbourhood), etc. So I assume 'ripping' means 'dirty fighting' that you probably don't wanna do in a sport tourney, or while 'rolling' with yo fir-ends (as opposed to painful but legal techniques like having a br00tal scarf hold)

he is Italian so I guess that might come in handy in his neighbourhood
Your remark reeks of insecurity and just exposed you as another dandy Brit who can't handle teh manliness<18>

From what I've seen from Catch guys, ripping is mostly about doing things like dropping your knees on people's shins, digging your elbows and knees into peoples' faces, etc. It's definitely unpleasant, it can make people move, but the better you get the less effective it is.

Dunno from what I've seen from most Catch guys on youtube, ripping a fart seems to be their most dangerous weapon.
It's less against effective against noobs who are distracted from the vile stench by being generally confused and by the whole grappling things and occupied flailing about.

From my experience, that sort of thing will work on guys as tough as you or less tough than you, but it will be difficult to pull off on somebody, trained or not who is extremely tough or much bigger than you. In other words, it's nice to have in your arsenal, but I wouldn't become reliant on it.

Lol I think you will rapidly become the least popular person in your gym if you roll like that.

Lol I think you will rapidly become the least popular person in your gym if you roll like that.

Not to mention its a retarded thing to do in the first place, if you have to ask about ripping chances is that you are not really advanced enough, and if you arent advanced enough its not a smart thing to piss people off.

Not to mention its a retarded thing to do in the first place, if you have to ask about ripping chances is that you are not really advanced enough, and if you arent advanced enough its not a smart thing to piss people off.

If you train at a BJJ gym you won't hear about any catch wrestling bullshit.
Trying to inflict pain on bigger stronger people doesn't seem to be a good idea.

i only did that kind of shit in competition just to make them squirm to a different position or make them angry, as the thing i hate most are people who just hold on to me from bottom and just stall defensively

i never did it instead of actual techniques, but more modified techniques a little bit to make them suck more

Back