Crime Individual shouting 'Allahu Akbar' stabs/hammers Three near Eiffel Tower, killing One

650lb Sumo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

_131909409_paris_scene_afp-002.jpg.webp

One person has died and another has been injured in an attack on a street in central Paris.

France's Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin

Gerald-Darmanin.jpg

said an attacker had targeted passers-by around the Quai de Grenelle, which is close to the Eiffel Tower.
He added that the assailant had been arrested and the injured person was being treated by emergency services.

Citing a police source, AFP news agency described the incident as a stabbing attack.

A police operation is ongoing around the Bir-Hakeim metro station, and authorities have urged people to avoid the area.

An assailant stabbed one person to death and injured another in Paris while reportedly yelling 'Allahu Akbar,' Arabic for 'God is greatest.'

A police source tells AFP that the suspect is French and was born in France.

Edit: Update
Update Two
Update Three
Update Four
Update Five

Last edited:
Update:

[Confusing reports this early:]

One person has been killed and two others injured...

BFM, citing police, said the man who died was of German nationality and that the assailant’s weapon was a hammer.

Update 2:

The attack took place at about 7pm GMT.

The attacker was born in 1997.

He targeted tourists.

He attacked a couple with a knife, killing the German.

He was then chased by police and attacked two other people with a hammer before being tased and arrested.

He told police he was upset because 'so many Muslims are dying in Afghanistan and Palestine'.

He was sentenced to four years in prison in 2016 for planning another attack and was on the French security services watchlist.

He was known to have suffered psychiatric disorders.

So was it a "snack bar" or just batshit crazy. I wonder if we will know.

Before we condemn this individual, we need to examine how white supremacy drove him to do this.

I actually find that news stories about a “stabbing” have become a dog whistle for white supremacy and colonialism. I think a more sensitive term would be “decolonizing poke”, because sometimes you have to poke people to get their attention. And sometimes people need their attention redirected to help achieve equity

Last edited:
Back