Social Inclusion Rider - Forced Diversity in Movies

SO you can't explain it can you? The words inclusion and segregation are mutually exclusive. Please explain how one leads to the other. In detail.

<Prem973>

That was the point I was making.

Hence the <Huh2>face.

<Prem973>

That was the point I was making.

Hence the <Huh2>face.
You are not making any god damn sense. YOU are the one that said that one leads to the other, now fucking explain your self.

What I've seen out of Britain is insane. Especially stuff on the BBC.

It's not even a matter of obscuring fantasy, like having Greek and Nordic Gods and Greek and Trojan heroes played by black actors or replacing white characters in fantasy book, they now have classic British novels and characters played by black actors. Blacks playing Romans in virtually every show they are featured in now, Nancy in Oliver Twist, several in that Howards End adaptation. They are even casting black actors as Scottish Lords in this Queen of Scots movie.

Hollywood has had a racial problem going back a long ass time and now they are trying to make it look like it was America that had the problem.

They told Bruce Lee that America would never accept an Asian lead while stealing his idea for a show (Kung Fu) which sent him packing back to China thinking that "America" was too racist...3 years and 4 movies later Fox approaches him for Enter the Dragon...which becomes a massive hit in "racist America" where generations of kids, white, black, latino and Asian dreamt of being him.

This same shit industry that did the same things to every other minority...shows, movies that were accepted by "the people"...and now these cunts are acting like it was all us, and not them? the same mother fuckers that housed countless rapists, telling the PEOPLE that its the CULTURE? GTFO with this bullshit. Fuck Hollywood and if you agree you need to do it with your WALLETS and stop paying to see movies that push their shit.

You are not making any god damn sense. YOU are the one that said that one leads to the other, now fucking explain your self.

No, OP made said that. i was making fun of him.

you understand that now, but don't have the adult skills to walk it back and admit you read it wrong. which frankly, is neither here nor there to me.

I for one care more about an actor's actual skills than his skin color.

I said that and I explained in a previous post.

The idea of inclusion is well, being included. Segregation is not just defined as keeping people apart based on race but also defined as separating people based on race. So while you are including everyone together, you are segregating everyone by their skin color which no one has any control over. It's making skin color a virtue when it's an immutable characteristic. What's next, should we go back to blacks drinking from one water fountain, whites on another, LGBTQ from another? In attempting to include everyone, you are ultimately segregating everyone into different groups.

Depending on what the rider says (I just provided a template, the rider can say whatever you want it to say), you could write that you only want 10% white but 50% black, 1% hispanic and so on. So what was intended to be inclusive, you are now discriminating solely on skin color.

I'm really against dividing people on skin color, gender and sex no matter what it is.

What I've seen out of Britain is insane. Especially stuff on the BBC.

It's not even a matter of obscuring fantasy, like having Greek and Nordic Gods and Greek and Trojan heroes played by black actors or replacing white characters in fantasy book, they now have classic British novels and characters played by black actors. Blacks playing Romans in virtually every show they are featured in now, Nancy in Oliver Twist, several in that Howards End adaptation. They are even casting black actors as Scottish Lords in this Queen of Scots movie.

Are you saying that movies about Romans should only cast people from Rome? Cause if so, I have bad news for you...

Depending on what the rider says (I just provided a template, the rider can say whatever you want it to say), you could write that you only want 10% white but 50% black, 1% hispanic and so on.

But this is how it has always been. Casting calls almost always have the race of the character. "White male, mid 30s". How is writing "White" next to every character in a cast any different from saying "100% white?"

The only difference of inclusion riders is that it gives power to the actors, rather than the studios, to dictate the race of the cast. Yall are acting like prior to inclusion riders no one was making decisions about the race of the cast.

Last edited:
Are you saying that movies about Romans should only cast people from Rome? Cause if so, I have bad news for you...

Right. That excuse. It's not too far-fetched that there would be perhaps some non-white recruits in the Roman legions, even though the evidence for this doesn't exist and it's speculation. But until late in the Empire when things fell apart, the legions were made up of men from Italy.

When you have British shows having Roman officers and leaders as black men with Latin names, it just gets absurd. One or two legionnaires perhaps or auxiliary troops, although the emphasis on them would feel out of place, but not the officers and leaders who come from equestrian and senatorial families.

Ahh f#*k it. Let holyweird make whatever movies with whom ever they want. Free market will dictate how long the crazyness stays around.

Eventually they'll get tired of not making enough money ?

Right. That excuse. It's not too far-fetched that there would be perhaps some non-white recruits in the Roman legions, even though the evidence for this doesn't exist and it's speculation. But until late in the Empire when things fell apart, the legions were made up of men from Italy.

When you have British shows having Roman officers and leaders as black men with Latin names, it just gets absurd. One or two legionnaires perhaps or auxiliary troops, although the emphasis on them would feel out of place, but not the officers and leaders who come from equestrian and senatorial families.

You missed the point.

The show is about Romans and there's a good chance that literally no one in the cast is from Rome.

I'm not trying to antagonize you. I'm not even necessarily disagreeing with you. I just think it's kind of fascinating how we all make up our own identity politics. To you, there's no problem suspending disbelief when you have a bunch of British dudes with British accents pretending to be Romans, even though Rome and Britain were so different, fundamentally, that they were frequently at war. And even though Italians and Saxons aren't the same ethnicity, nor do they look anything alike.

However, if those British men are dark-skinned, it ruins your watching experience. When you think about it, it's kind of weird, no? Like, we all agree that people should be judged by the content of their character yada yada. We all agree that a person's race literally says nothing about who they are or what they've experienced. At the same time, race is such a huge visual factor that we decide soooo much based on it. If a Roman show cast a bunch of Italian black dudes, born and raised in Italy, that would be worse than the same show casting a bunch of British or American white guys.

Isn't that wild? Especially since Southern Italians look a lot more like North Africans than they do pasty Saxons. Our eyes make groups and associations that aren't based on any science or logic, just based on random, socialized feelings.

Ahh f#*k it. Let holyweird make whatever movies with whom ever they want. Free market will dictate how long the crazyness stays around.

Eventually they'll get tired of not making enough money ?

China has become the biggest market in the world, so expect a lot more asians in movies. India and Nigeria are also growing rapidly, so that will change movie demographics too. Money talks.

I can kind of see it maybe being a nice thing to have attached to kids movies?

But this is how it has always been. Casting calls almost always have the race of the character. "White male, mid 30s". How is writing "White" next to every character in a cast any different from saying "100% white?"

The only difference of inclusion riders is that it gives power to the actors, rather than the studios, to dictate the race of the cast. Yall are acting like prior to inclusion riders no one was making decisions about the race of the cast.

I'd actually like a rider that promotes no race unless required for accuracy. The fact that they even put out a call for a white male or any race for that matter is ignorant unless they are playing a specific part.

As I mentioned earlier, a lot of the parts in Last Jedi, all they called for were genders. The character of Rose wasn't written to be Asian. It just happened that she got the part because they liked her reading. I hope that becomes more of a trend.

I'd actually like a rider that promotes no race unless required for accuracy. The fact that they even put out a call for a white male or any race for that matter is ignorant unless they are playing a specific part.

As I mentioned earlier, a lot of the parts in Last Jedi, all they called for were genders. The character of Rose wasn't written to be Asian. It just happened that she got the part because they liked her reading. I hope that becomes more of a trend.

Well while you "hope," people's lives are passing by and their careers are plummeting. When you want to get paid better in your career, do you sit and "hope" or do you do something about it? The actors have decided to do something about it.

I wonder how many black or white leads they have in Bollywood, Chinese, or other Asian movies...

I dont want to see black actors in medieval and European based fantasy or historical films, i dont want a caucasian genghis Khan or samurai. I would prefer latin Europeans play Romans but Europeans of any background are more passable to the look than sub saharan africans or east asians. I also hate modern references in historical dramas.

I'm not asking for proof. I'm asking what makes you think you have any insight into how black people think or what their concerns are. Like, do you hang out with lots of black people? Did you go to an HBCU? Do you spend a lot of time on Black Twitter?
melanin count doesn't magically manifest all the protests you think happened.

If a claim says something didn't happen, maybe it's because something didn't happen? If the black community had/s such a big issue with it, then there would be evidence showing it. This claim is not gatekeeped by melanin count lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back