In Tampa, any recommended boxing gyms?

apizur**

Aggressive Finesse.
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm up in Temple Terrace, the opposite end of Ybor city. Anybody familiar with anything? There's a couple smaller looking gyms but I know better than to count a gym out because it's rough around the edges.

I ended up starting at Trigga City. No coach selected yet, but I'm just trying to acclimate to the heat in the open warehouse and get my lungs back. Things are shaping up nicely.

Big thanks again.

I'm up in Temple Terrace, the opposite end of Ybor city. Anybody familiar with anything? There's a couple smaller looking gyms but I know better than to count a gym out because it's rough around the edges.

My top 3 are:

Reyes boxing under Jerry Reyes
Legends Boxing under Francisco Arreola
Trigga City Boxing under Omar

I've trained at all of them and all are great, but with slight differences:

Reyes is a hard nose, tough gym. Heavy sparring, rough gym overall, great trainer though. You can get lost here, but Jerry does make an effort to work with everyone. There's a lot of talent though, so you gotta focus and work. You will bleed at this gym.

Trigga City is on the other end. Beautiful facility, good trainer, good sparring. You can go at your own pace here and still get attention. One of the nicest boxing gyms I've ever been too, constant updates and additions and has an amateur program.

Legends sits somewhere in between. The trainer is good and was a champion southpaw that lost to JMM. You can do your own thing, but you will blend in eventually. To be noticed you have to work. Pumps out decent amateurs.

There's also Hurricane boxing gym off I-4. They pump out a lot of amateurs, but I don't know much else.

However, if you are serious about this and willing to drive up 75 north for about 40 min, you can train at my gym for free. All it requires is that you are registered with USA Boxing. You can PM me if you want more info about my gym.

I train at Gracie Tampa South but that's quite far away from Temple Terrace. There is a very small selection of gyms you can choose from so make sure you pick one that you'll like.

My top 3 are:

Reyes boxing under Jerry Reyes
Legends Boxing under Francisco Arreola
Trigga City Boxing under Omar

I've trained at all of them and all are great, but with slight differences:

Reyes is a hard nose, tough gym. Heavy sparring, rough gym overall, great trainer though. You can get lost here, but Jerry does make an effort to work with everyone. There's a lot of talent though, so you gotta focus and work. You will bleed at this gym.

Trigga City is on the other end. Beautiful facility, good trainer, good sparring. You can go at your own pace here and still get attention. One of the nicest boxing gyms I've ever been too, constant updates and additions and has an amateur program.

Legends sits somewhere in between. The trainer is good and was a champion southpaw that lost to JMM. You can do your own thing, but you will blend in eventually. To be noticed you have to work. Pumps out decent amateurs.

There's also Hurricane boxing gym off I-4. They pump out a lot of amateurs, but I don't know much else.

However, if you are serious about this and willing to drive up 75 north for about 40 min, you can train at my gym for free. All it requires is that you are registered with USA Boxing. You can PM me if you want more info about my gym.

Big thanks.

That's a drive, bro-dawg. How many middleweights do you have? I might make a sparring trip out of it if anything.

EDIT: These boxing gyms are like all a block from eachother, lol
Any idea on rates or training times? I have a cumbersome schedule

Big thanks.

That's a drive, bro-dawg. How many middleweights do you have? I might make a sparring trip out of it if anything.

EDIT: These boxing gyms are like all a block from eachother, lol
Any idea on rates or training times? I have a cumbersome schedule

If you are at or under 30 amateur fights we definitely have work for you. Our only dedicated pro is a heavyweight.

Reyes was $50 a month when I was there. If I remember correctly, the hours were something like 10am-9pm. Something unrelated, but the area was awesome to get your road work in.

Trigga City Boxing is a 5pm-9pm part time gym. I think they are $50-70 a month.

Legends is 10am-9pm, not sure of the price.

Hope that helps

Mega, are you still around?

Mods, don't card me for necroposting. I'm unable to message him the conventional way.

Mods, don't card me for necroposting. I'm unable to message him the conventional way.

You do it like this now vvv

@MEGAhorse, are you still around?

*The @ symbol with his name actually leaves a bat-signal when/if he logs onto sherdog.

You do it like this now vvv

@MEGAhorse, are you still around?

*The @ symbol with his name actually leaves a bat-signal when/if he logs onto sherdog.

Lol...if Spacetime and that TRT guy are still around, Apizur ain't getting carded for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back