In prime no gi grappling match

michi972

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Starting from standing.Who is no 1,2,3,4. Barnett, Werdum, Nogueira, Mir, all of them in prime.

Werdum should be strongly favored.

Barnett vs Mir would be interesting.

Werdum
Mir next, equivalent of a one punch KO guy with his subs

Werdum wins.

Mir beats Nog tho. Its not my opinión, its on tape.

Starting from standing.Who is no 1,2,3,4. Barnett, Werdum, Nogueira, Mir, all of them in prime.

1. Werdum 2. Barnett 3. Nog 4. Mir

Obviously I think Nog and Mir are better BJJ guys and better overall sub games, but I think Barnett takes both down and controls them from top.

While you're posting nonsense Frank Mir is thinking about the intricacies of maneuvers that you don't even know the names of

tbh, and i might get shit for this but i think barnett might have the best TOP game out of those 4, and is probably the strongest which would help.

with barnett's size, strength, wrestling and top control i think he could control them and win on points or something.

Werdum is the best by a good margin. No gi grappling makes it an interesting forum for the other guys though bc they've not competed too much in it under the same rule set. They have, but not a ton at the higher levels. So id probably go
Werdum
Mir
Josh
Nog

If it was under a rule set that favored takedowns and stuff like that Id say
Werdum
Josh
Mir
Nog

In MMA id say
Werdum
Mir
Nog
Josh

I remember Josh getting the better of Nog positionally in their fights but in this hypothetical match with all guys in their prime id give Nog the edge. Its funny, I used to read Ultimate Grappling Magazine and Mir gave an interview back in like 2005-2006 and he said something to the effect of
"If you put me, Nogueira, Gonzaga, Werdum, and Monson in a straight grappling match itd probably be Werdum winning every time and the rest of us trading wins and losses......"
Pretty interesting.

1. Werdum 2. Barnett 3. Nog 4. Mir

Obviously I think Nog and Mir are better BJJ guys and better overall sub games, but I think Barnett takes both down and controls them from top.
Yeah, I'm wondering if Barnett can take them down and control them.

Werdum is the best by a good margin. No gi grappling makes it an interesting forum for the other guys though bc they've not competed too much in it under the same rule set. They have, but not a ton at the higher levels. So id probably go
Werdum
Mir
Josh
Nog

If it was under a rule set that favored takedowns and stuff like that Id say
Werdum
Josh
Mir
Nog

In MMA id say
Werdum
Mir
Nog
Josh

I remember Josh getting the better of Nog positionally in their fights but in this hypothetical match with all guys in their prime id give Nog the edge. Its funny, I used to read Ultimate Grappling Magazine and Mir gave an interview back in like 2005-2006 and he said something to the effect of
"If you put me, Nogueira, Gonzaga, Werdum, and Monson in a straight grappling match itd probably be Werdum winning every time and the rest of us trading wins and losses......"
Pretty interesting.
In grappling I would Werdum>Nog&Barnett don't know which one was better>Mir
Takedowns:Barnett>Nog>Werdum=Mir
MMA:
Werdum
Nog
Josh
Mir

Let's get ready to rustle!!!!!!!!!!{<jimmies}
method=get&s=methodgetsfabriciowerdumsmilemmanewspldisplayimage.jpg

Yeah, I'm wondering if Barnett can take them down and control them.

In grappling I would Werdum>Nog&Barnett don't know which one was better>Mir
Takedowns:Barnett>Nog>Werdum=Mir
MMA:
Werdum
Nog
Josh
Mir
Its so hard to put Mir last in MMA. Hes had some of the most violent and also some of the most slickest subs ever. He submitted a multiple time world champ Roberto Travern as a friggin purple belt.

Marcio Cruz beats them all. Already beat Werdum in no-gi without breaking a sweat, pwned Mir in MMA match.

Werdum, Mir, Barnett, Nog

tbh, and i might get shit for this but i think barnett might have the best TOP game out of those 4, and is probably the strongest which would help.

with barnett's size, strength, wrestling and top control i think he could control them and win on points or something.

Yeah, I tend to agree. He could get subbed, but it would be difficult. I don't think Rothwell's submission of him indicates much. Barnett was slightly losing in the stand-up, and knew he had to do something. He desperately went for a single-leg, and was probably overconfident because of his grappling pedigree. That wouldn't happen in pure grappling. He knows how dangerous these guys are, and striking isn't an issue.

Back