Impressed by Conor's improvements

It was clear Conor had to work on a few elements in his game in order to beat Diaz. Got back to the drawing board after the loss and worked hard on a few elements in his game;
  • Strategy: Conor never really implemented a strategy before Diaz 2. He now seems to be able to fight effectively following a clear gameplan, which is crucial going forward. Especially if he's going to be facing the murderer's row in the 155 division.
  • Lowkicks; An element that was really missing in his game before. He now has an effective (MT-style) lowkick, which was really effective in slowing Diaz down from the start. He should now learn to set-up his lowkicks better, using his hands. Perhaps bring in a Dutch-style kickboxer for his next camp. If he could finish his combo's with a nice kick that could really augment his stand-up.
  • Jab: Never saw Conor use his jab as well as he did vs Diaz. Basically outjabbed him, which was crucial to win the standup imo. A really effective weapon going forward, given his boxing style.
  • Cardio: He apparantly worked tirelessly on his cardio and - while he still gassed - Conor was impressive fighting through the exhaustion and recovering while fighting, instead of panicking when pressured.
  • Boxing defense: This was really beautiful to see, especially early in the fight where he would continually slip and counter Diaz. But crucially later on, when Diaz came on strong and Conor was tiring, his defense really held up well.

You forgot one

Running:this is the best weve ever seen from him, the way he turned his back when running while keeping his hands firmly on his hips was outstanding.expect to see more when he finally fights a full camp wrestler.

Are you Conor fangirls trying to reassure yourselves after a dissapointing majority decision against a 19-11 fighter he was supposed to humiliate and KO easily? :)

So much insecurity! That's a good thing I guess Dana will force him to go down, beating smaller midgets :D

That right slip left overhand saved hiss ass a few times when he was tired. In the first he slipped the jab left which put him in the path of Nates slap left.

He did good but still needs to work that cardio.

You forgot one

Running:this is the best weve ever seen from him, the way he turned his back when running while keeping his hands firmly on his hips was outstanding.expect to see more when he finally fights a full camp wrestler.

Why dont you sit down Maori? Whats a matter,didya have a date last night ha-ha-ha!

SNL_1248_03_Jeopardy_EST.png

Lol, had to have a little fun with it. I like Conor but all you goons think he is God.
I def dont,as i said before,i thought Nate was most likley gonna win tho i rooted for Conor. Hes a madman...this sport would be so less interesting without him.

TS is on point.

It's interesting to see how the haters don't give him any credit for his improvements.

That right slip left overhand saved hiss ass a few times when he was tired. In the first he slipped the jab left which put him in the path of Nates slap left.

He did good but still needs to work that cardio.

he got like a hair trigger style. that must be tiring to go 5 rounds with that.

I def dont,as i said before,i thought Nate was most likley gonna win tho i rooted for Conor. Hes a madman...this sport would be so less interesting without him.
He is exciting and that fight entertained me more than I expected even though I was going for Nate.

In some ways this was more impressive than another quick KO as it answered a lot of questions and busted a lot of myths like having no heart and cardio, ability to adapt and fight a smart gameplan.

In some ways this was more impressive than another quick KO as it answered a lot of questions and busted a lot of myths like having no heart and cardio, ability to adapt and fight a smart gameplan.

His cardiovascular condition did not look good.

And with ALL that.

That was still only a majority decision win Vs a 19-11 fighter...

#goat
View attachment 132613

I konw Nate is a good fighter.
Reem have 14 loses. legit to 5 HW of all time.
Lawler, Matt brown, Penn, Couture.
all with more than 10 loses, I know loses doesn't mean much in MMA don't worry ;)

So why were you running your mouth before the fight?

The guys got some serious cojones. First he picks on Aldo,the guy we all know since time immemorial is not the guy with who to fuck with. Takes on Mendes on short notice "aye ive got to fight a wrestler at some point,ill do it if ye get Sinead to sing me in,otherwise y'all fookers can rot" Beats him and then Slepts Aldo in :13. "ill move up to 155 and take on the top guy" that guy pulls out 11 days before the fithr,and he takes on nate who is compleley immune to his mind games and loses,and to his credit,he wants very much to avenge the loss than go back to 145,and pulls it off. I got to give the guy credit..he is playing the game very well...and it really must have hurt more than anything for his detractors to see him talking about being back in the winners circle with those obnoxious hipster glasses on. :D

Are you Conor fangirls trying to reassure yourselves after a dissapointing majority decision against a 19-11 fighter he was supposed to humiliate and KO easily? :)

So much insecurity! That's a good thing I guess Dana will force him to go down, beating smaller midgets :D
lemmings-off-the-cliff-o.gif

Couldnt agree more. Conor did great improvements. Now he dont have only great talent and fluid movement. His fighting IQ has grown from 2 to 7.

I bet money on Diaz and i lost. But fight was so good i wasnt even mad. I didnt bet much anyway.

Back