Implementing my first conditioning routine for Grappling- Ross Training Sequential a good pick?

ITRDC5

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been grappling for around 4 years now and looking to add some gas to the tank for competitions .

I lift a few times per week (5/3/1) and train grappling 4/5 , I'm in not bad shape but I feel in comps that I gas quite badly at times( although ive been in quite a few now).

Ive been looking for a programme to follow and stumbled across ross trainings sequential fatigue programmed. Is this a bit crazy for a beginner( to real conditioning that is), ive tried swimming in the past etc but I want to make a concerted effort to becoming a better athlete .

Thanks !

The sequential fatigue challenge will turn you into a machine. You just need to finish the whole 10 rounds. DO NOT STOP NO MATTER WHAT

If you have competed many time you are not a beginner.

Thanks dudes , I guess I'm not a beginner per say . But I've never put too much of an effort outside class into conditioning , beginning to realize that it is an absolute asset in gaining an edge . More so that I'm doing sub only comps now ,thank you !!!

Could you describe this routine? I have a couple of Ross's books but I don't think I'm familiar with this one.

Edit - Found it online. Looks miserable. I'd line to try it, but since I train on my lunch break at work I don't really have a good area for the sprints. Maybe I can substitute jumping rope, or double up on the burpees.

Man I remember doing that routine back in the day. So. Damn. Hard. I've done a lot of tough workouts from him and others but I don't think I ever did that one to the letter (longer rests or stopping early).

Will it help? Probably. Is it the best thing for you? Hard to say really. How's your gas tank in training? Do you feel your fatigue is from nerves or are you not playing "your game" when your competing? How's your weight/weight cutting? Lots of stuff little things done differently can make a bid difference.

Could you describe this routine? I have a couple of Ross's books but I don't think I'm familiar with this one.

Edit - Found it online. Looks miserable. I'd line to try it, but since I train on my lunch break at work I don't really have a good area for the sprints. Maybe I can substitute jumping rope, or double up on the burpees.

Tough to substitute sprints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back