Implementing my first conditioning routine for Grappling- Ross Training Sequential a good pick?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by ITRDC5, Jul 16, 2017 at 3:06 PM.

1. ITRDC5 Orange Belt

ITRDC5
    Hi Guys,

I've been grappling for around 4 years now and looking to add some gas to the tank for competitions .

I lift a few times per week (5/3/1) and train grappling 4/5 , I'm in not bad shape but I feel in comps that I gas quite badly at times( although ive been in quite a few now).

Ive been looking for a programme to follow and stumbled across ross trainings sequential fatigue programmed. Is this a bit crazy for a beginner( to real conditioning that is), ive tried swimming in the past etc but I want to make a concerted effort to becoming a better athlete .

Thanks !

2. BOWHUNTER Gender: Attack Chopper

BOWHUNTER
    The sequential fatigue challenge will turn you into a machine. You just need to finish the whole 10 rounds. DO NOT STOP NO MATTER WHAT

3. BOWHUNTER Gender: Attack Chopper

BOWHUNTER
    If you have competed many time you are not a beginner.

4. ITRDC5 Orange Belt

ITRDC5
    Thanks dudes , I guess I'm not a beginner per say . But I've never put too much of an effort outside class into conditioning , beginning to realize that it is an absolute asset in gaining an edge . More so that I'm doing sub only comps now ,thank you !!!

5. Dream Evil Green Belt

Dream Evil
    Could you describe this routine? I have a couple of Ross's books but I don't think I'm familiar with this one.

Edit - Found it online. Looks miserable. I'd line to try it, but since I train on my lunch break at work I don't really have a good area for the sprints. Maybe I can substitute jumping rope, or double up on the burpees.