IMO Fury is trying to avoid the Klitschko rematch completely and go straight for Joshua/Wilder

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
Klitschko rematch is a high risk low reward fight for Fury at this point.

If he wins he basically remains where he's at. Good win for legacy but it doesn't really give him any extra exposure. He'd just repeat what he already did. In case it's a "boring fight" again he could actually lose some fans.

If he loses especially if it's a KO or a one sided fight people will see his win in the first fight as a "fluke" or attribute it to Klitschko having a bad day.

Klitschko rematch isn't that big of a money fight for him, a lot of people thought the first fight was extremely boring and won't watch it again.

He'll lose the titles if he doesn't defend them but we all know that titles aren't that relevant once you're already an established name in boxing and he could still consider himself as lineal champ until someone beats him.

IMO Fury will try to cash in his undefeated record and legacy against either Joshua or Wilder and bypass Klitschko completely.

If true it's BS. Wlad was reigning champ for over a decade and lost the title in a shit fight by both guys. If a rematch doesn't happen it's a shame, disgrace to the HW division (which isn't saying much)

Truth is I think he knows he gets killed by any version of Wlad that actually tries. Finally after facing so many no name shit fighters, Wlad just stopped caring and went in there just to be there. A motivated Wlad, for the first time in years, will slaughter Tyson. This is the guy that upper cutted himself in the face people. That's your world HW champion. There's a reason he's pulled out twice, and it's because he knows he has no chance if Wlad actually gives a shit

Klitschko rematch is a high risk low reward fight for Fury at this point.

If he wins he basically remains where he's at. Good win for legacy but it doesn't really give him any extra exposure. He'd just repeat what he already did. In case it's a "boring fight" again he could actually lose some fans.

If he loses especially if it's a KO or a one sided fight people will see his win in the first fight as a "fluke" or attribute it to Klitschko having a bad day.

Klitschko rematch isn't that big of a money fight for him, a lot of people thought the first fight was extremely boring and won't watch it again.

He'll lose the titles if he doesn't defend them but we all know that titles aren't that relevant once you're already an established name in boxing and he could still consider himself as lineal champ until someone beats him.

IMO Fury will try to cash in his undefeated record and legacy against either Joshua or Wilder and bypass Klitschko completely.

That theory doesn't work bevause no big name fighter will want to risk fighting Fury when he is being this unstable and might cancel any fight at any time. It's like Chavez Junior now. No one will fight him because it can very easily be a waste of a training camp and waste of time with no payout at the end.

Fury isn't avoiding Wlad, he's just ending his own career.

Truth is I think he knows he gets killed by any version of Wlad that actually tries. Finally after facing so many no name shit fighters, Wlad just stopped caring and went in there just to be there. A motivated Wlad, for the first time in years, will slaughter Tyson. This is the guy that upper cutted himself in the face people. That's your world HW champion. There's a reason he's pulled out twice, and it's because he knows he has no chance if Wlad actually gives a shit

I also think it's like this. He's not as confident as he was before the first fight.

I think Fury's got a lot of issues that go well beyond boxing.

I think Fury's got a lot of issues that go well beyond boxing.

I just read an article in which his uncle said he is having serious problems and is getting professional help. Apparently they blame Tyson's mental issues on mean fans who did not celebrate him enough.

I just read an article in which his uncle said he is having serious problems and is getting professional help. Apparently they blame Tyson's mental issues on mean fans who did not celebrate him enough.

Load of crap just like Fury supposedly having problems with his ankle and then jumping around with fans few days later.

This was Fury at Crolla vs Linares fight having a good time enjoying himself right after the fight was officially cancelled:

tyson-fury-2.jpg

tyson-fury-3.jpg

Truth is I think he knows he gets killed by any version of Wlad that actually tries. Finally after facing so many no name shit fighters, Wlad just stopped caring and went in there just to be there. A motivated Wlad, for the first time in years, will slaughter Tyson. This is the guy that upper cutted himself in the face people. That's your world HW champion.

I tell you what, I don't think I've ever "met" a bigger bunch of cunts online than hardcore Klitschko fans.

Terrible fight it might've been, but your boy got fucking owned by Fury. Owned. It was only Weeks' leniency that let him get away with that flying headbutt late on, & if Fury could punch at all, he'd've fucking had him.

So, that's your superman: a boring safety-first wannabe in the perpetual shadow of his banned-from-the-Olympics-for-doping brother, who got his arse kicked six ways from Sunday by Tyson Fury.

& BTW:

I think hes legit mentally ill. Nobody would be willing to fight him at this point. Getting hit in the head in sparring and in fights is only going to make his situation worse.
I think part of him was secretly broken when he beat Wlad and still got zero respect from even his home fans.

I don't think him being worried about Wlad is the reason. What could make it interesting is if Joshua fights Wlad as is being proposed and beats him. Then we'll see if Fury is interested in fighting Joshua.

It is so bizarre reading that Tyson Fury has canceled his heavyweight title fight due to depression.

It is so bizarre reading that Tyson Fury has canceled his heavyweight title fight due to depression.

Is it? From following Fury over the years it doesn't surprise me in the least. Or do you mean the HW champion of the world postponing a fight due to depression is bizarre? In that sense, maybe a little.

I've got a friend who displays similar behavior. At first I couldn't stand his arrogance and obnoxiousness. Took a couple of years for me to realize he actually wasn't that confident and has serious fears of failure and inadequacy. His brash, self-centered and often over-the-top personality was just a compensation mechanism, sort of emotional posturing.

I'm not by any means suggesting that's Tysons deal, just sharing an anecdote about people thinking goofy. The idea that Fury could be depressed doesn't come too surprising to me.

Is it? From following Fury over the years it doesn't surprise me in the least. Or do you mean the HW champion of the world postponing a fight due to depression is bizarre? In that sense, maybe a little.

Not surprising that is has occurred, but bizarre to see it in print.

Back