Imagine WWE went bankrupt in 1986,what are we talking about in 2017?

Wariowokecancel

You can cancel but you can’t wake
@Gold
Reaction score
Vince fucked up WM1 and never recovered.

All the current wrestlers somehow go into the business.

Are we complaining about Crockett? Is Daniel Bryan dead from concussions? Did Austin ever become big? The Rock? Is Roman Reigns king of the outlaw territories? Was Dusty booking till he died?

(Idea from a Mlw)

Somebody was bound to go national, and then global, with wrestling. If it wasn't Vince, somebody else would've done it by now.

We'd be singing the praises of Eric Aaron Bischoff

eric-bischoff.jpg

Well you'd still be talking about yourself

There are quite a few follow up questions that depend on one another:

If Vince failed so incredibly that he could not hold on to the very lucrative Northeast territory, who would be most likely to move in? With his blueprint out there, could it have been an entertainment group doing a studio show like GLOW, Lucha Underground, or early Monday Night Raw?

Would Jim Crockett or Verne Gagne have come under the same level of scrutiny when the steroid crusades happened? Would they expand to become direct competitors?

I believe that Turner would have kept wrestling on his programming. His love and appreciation for it would likely have seen it come under his umbrella either by buying or long term contracts with Crockett after expansion into Georgia and Florida. If they had managed to partner with Mexican and/or Japanese promotions with that kind of corporate edict, the "evil foreigner" bit would likely see less use. The good ol' boys running things would have been put on notice and it's very well possible that more of the reigns would have ended up in the hands of guys who could adapt to corporate environs and still demonstrate knowledge of the business. Eric Bischoff would be one. Vince himself could be another.
And so could Paul Heyman.

No one would be talking HHh, that much i know.

i wonder who would have bought the E.

We'd be talking about the upcoming Hogan/Flair match for the WCW Title.

Bill Watts and UWF might well have moved into the northeast. UWF was killing The WWF when WWF tried to run shows in the mid-south. It could have been Watts relocating to the northeast to avoid the oil crunch that was coming in 1987. He was one of the most competent promoters there were at the time and Edie Graham, if he had lived, is another who might have gone to the northeast or tried going national. With Watts or Graham style promotions around, there would have been no need for ECW who were able to exist because the WWF was aiming its show at children at the time.

Guys like Watts and Graham were so superior to Bischoff and the corporate types who worked for Turner and McMahon that pro wrestling would not have gone the corporate route. Pro wrestling and "corporate" don't mix - just like oil and water.

Someone would have eventually stepped into his place. This was the direction of wrestling because of technology and a changing marketplace.

Be talkin' bout that totally rad NHB stuff, mang.

I'm not even sure Turner would have bought into wrestling, if he didn't want to show Vince up.

Wrestling was a staple of his programming going back to when TBS was just Atlanta local. He always kept them, even after he went nationwide because of that. I don't think he would have gone whole hog like he did but I do think he would have kept the 6:05 spot and probably a primetime spot on one of his channels.

Back