"Imagine if Frankie had fought at 145 or 135 his whole career"

Aldo has his number at 145 so he would have never got gold there. 135 is a different story, if he was gonna cut to that he should have when he was younger, he’s too old now. I could see him being champ when Cruz was gone and before tj showed up. So like the Renan barao days.
I wondered if he would have been the champ in ufc without Cruz. I didn't have the energy to watch more fights and do a more in depth analysis of Frankie in UFC 135. Barao was a beast and i would have loved to see it.

Then he would never be the 155 champion.

Too many words.
Thank god for the end key or I would still be scrolling down to the comment box.

This just seems like a long, boring, thinly-veiled Edgar bashing thread and I sincerely doubt you are a fan. Gray Maynard was a giant 155er with amazing wrestling credentials.... how does a fight with MTB look at all similar to this? Edgar has the edge in every way against prime Brown.

Edgar handily beats Brown and any version of Faber (without his usual wrestling advantage, Faber would get outboxed soundly by Edgar), and really anyone else besides Aldo. Prime Aldo beats any version of Edgar but besides that, you are not giving him enough credit.

Glad no one is wasting their time reading this crap.
You watch a million fights on the topic too huh? I watched every relevant fight from each time period for each fight and gave my best thoughts. Don't show up next week.

Fair enough I don’t disagree Edgar is a great but still I don’t think any of those fights would be a lock for him prime Faber and prime MTB were legit and even the 155ers in the WEC were legit. Also Sean Sherk isn’t exactly a great comparison for the lighter weight classes dude was at WW at one point he would be considered slow compared to a 135er or 145er in my opinion.
I am very familiar with WEC and I don't see how Faber or MTB would have any chance against Edgar who had just beat Sherk and Prime Penn. Edgar really doesn't have any weaknesses considering his wrestling advantage and you are really underestimating Sherk's takedown abilities if you think Faber is anywhere near the threat he is. Anyways, agree to disagree... ignoring you to prevent further time wasted

Cmon fellas @binny is a really nice dude and put some actual effort into this thread, I know the didn’t read memes are a given in any thread that is more than 5 paragraphs for you to read but this is an actual original topic.

How about you actually contribute to his well thought out thread rather than rush to derail it for a couple of likes.
These threads are more a project for my own knowledge. Watched so many great fights today. I grew as a fan today.

Took me an hour to make that gif. You guys do Sherdog your way I'll do it my way, it's all good.

@binny if you want me to delete my post bro I will. I didn't mean to be a dick in your thread, let me know.
When i post these long threads i know what is coming. Still gonna make them every now and again.

I am very familiar with WEC and I don't see how Faber or MTB would have any chance against Edgar who had just beat Sherk and Prime Penn. Edgar really doesn't have any weaknesses considering his wrestling advantage and you are really underestimating Sherk's takedown abilities if you think Faber is anywhere near the threat he is. Anyways, agree to disagree... ignoring you to prevent further time wasted
This is an imagining of them fighting at that time. Faber was champ when frankie had like 4 fights. Not prime vs prime man....

Dude you don’t have to be a dick this is a conversation if you want to ignore me go ahead I mean I’m not the one claiming a fighter has no weaknesses lol and I said nothing about sherks wrestling, i am very familiar with his wrestling look at his fight with Hughes, I said he was slow compared to 135 and 145 which he is.

Dude you don’t have to be a dick this is a conversation if you want to ignore me go ahead I mean I’m not the one claiming a fighter has no weaknesses lol and I said nothing about sherks wrestling, i am very familiar with his wrestling look at his fight with Hughes, I said he was slow compared to 135 and 145 which he is.
Says he knows WEC, thinks Frankie was champ at the same time as Fabers WEC reign. Don't recognize him as a poster but I think you aren't missing out on much if he ignores you.

<{cruzshake}>

Their age is pretty irrelevant here. Yoel Romero is 41 and Fedor is 42. Think they both entered their fighting prime at the same time?

Faber had 40 professional fights going into the Edgar fight. Edgar had 24 in roughly the same amount of time.

It’s obviously not a certainty but I’ll just agree to disagree. I don’t think Faber at his peak loses to the best version of Edgar, not at 135 or 145. He had more power, arguably better wrestling—or at least close enough to negate it, and was the better athlete.

Faber via right hand and guillotine.
y4cPcv9.gif
Yoel's MMA Prime and athletic prime are not the same thing. If you say Fedor's prime was around age 27-29? So at that same age Yoel was in the olympics and winning world championships etc. DC is the same. Started MMA late but athletically his prime was spent wrestling.

As far as this Agree to Disagree this is Sherdog bro! Aren't we supposed to call each other Troll and Moron etc? Friendly discussion and debate is for other forums. LOL

I wonder if the cut to 35 would be too hard for Frankie at this stage. The Cruz fight would be cool to see thats for sure
If Cruz falls out of title contention I would love to see it at FW or even a 140 catchweight as a Co Main on a PPV or a Main on a TV card.

Imagine if Frankie wasn't gifted the decision against BJ. He would have fought Maynard and probably lost without the champ advantage and then just been some middle of the road nobody until he retired in 2015
Gifted? LOL Are you still the last of the BJ nut huggers? Frankie proved very conclusively that he is 1 Million times the fighter BJ ever was. He destroyed him 2 more times but that decision was a gift that turned a nobody into a legend? GTFO

Gifted? LOL Are you still the last of the BJ nut huggers? Frankie proved very conclusively that he is 1 Million times the fighter BJ ever was. He destroyed him 2 more times but that decision was a gift that turned a nobody into a legend? GTFO
AHHHHAHAHAHA Bj beat that dude senseless in the first fight.

Hard to say...

I think he would've lost some speed advantage, especially at 135.

Hard to say...

I think he would've lost some speed advantage, especially at 135.
For sure. Was a lot of fun watching all the fights to try and imagine how it would have gone though. Wouldnt have ever wanted Frankie to be a career BW.

Back