I'm telling you guys, Chael P. Sonnen will win the Bellator heavyweight tournament.

ThatGuy7698

In USADA We Trust
@Brown
Reaction score
-Look at his dominant performance over Rampage Jackson.

-He was beating him both on the ground and on the feet!

-Chael is only going to get better. For 40 years old he was moving very good!

-I feel sorry for whoever is put in his way next, that victory will be even more dominant.

People laughed at my last thread about this, but some people are now actually seriously considering the fact that Chael may win.

We are living in the Chael Sonnen era of Bellator. Chael bless.

<JonesLaugh><{JustBleed}><{natewhut}>

I want to call you a fucking idiot for saying that, but I'm scared you are correct and I hate it

Crystal Ball time:

Big John Mcarthy steps out of the broadcast booth and enters Bellatore heavyweight tourney as an alternate and submits Chael.

Rooting for Chael but the future is predestined and cannot be diverted.

Gsn8zmN.jpg

If Mir beats Fedor then Sonnen has no chance to win. What's his route to beating Mir? Chaels gonna lose an arm

If Mir beats Fedor then Sonnen has no chance to win. What's his route to beating Mir? Chaels gonna lose an arm
Mir is in terrible shape though tbf lol, he could gas out very early and have a rough night, Chael will give up a lot of size but he's a grinder.

Not a chance he gets any further

Mir is in terrible shape though tbf lol, he could gas out very early and have a rough night, Chael will give up a lot of size but he's a grinder.
Hes gonna grind himself right into an armbar. I mean seriously how many times has Chael been submitted? like 10 now? What is his path to victory here? Mir is better on the feet for sure and Chael cant take him down due to being submitted instantly. Mir by armbar easy

His best chance is Fedor getting past Mir. I can't believe I said that but 2018 Fedor is shot.

The American Gangster is a hard worker and a stellar wrestler.

He will emasculate every single one of these old farts via cardio, wrestling, and hustling his way into a win.

Chael P. Bless

Hes gonna grind himself right into an armbar. I mean seriously how many times has Chael been submitted? like 10 now? What is his path to victory here? Mir is better on the feet for sure and Chael cant take him down due to being submitted instantly. Mir by armbar easy
It's a real possibility ofcourse, I'm just saying Mir is in terrible shape, don't think we've seen him fight in this kind of shape since coming back from that accident, and he's a lot older now.

While I think he has a decent shot of winning his side of the bracket, there are some very bad matchups for him on the other side...Mo, Bader, Meathead, Nelson...yikes. I like Bader or Meathead to win the whole thing. But hey, I'm a fan of Chael so if he somehow pulls it off, I will be thrilled. Would be an awesome way for him to end his career and finally win a strap...the HW strap too! He could finally say he kept his promise to his dad.

I disagree. I actually think Chael would opt to keep the fight standing. He's faster and has better boxing than Mir. Mir certainly hits harder and could land a big shot, but I think Chael's speed and footwork would help him avoid that. And Frank's offensive wrestling isn't great. If Chael keeps it standing and strikes like he did against Rampage, I'd take Chael by UD.

I'm not sure dominating that version of Rampage is anything to be excited about.

I disagree. I actually think Chael would opt to keep the fight standing. He's faster and has better boxing than Mir. Mir certainly hits harder and could land a big shot, but I think Chael's speed and footwork would help him avoid that. And Frank's offensive wrestling isn't great. If Chael keeps it standing and strikes like he did against Rampage, I'd take Chael by UD.
In no way does Chael have better boxing than Mir. Not even close. Tell me one fight where Chael has used his striking to win a fight in the way you describe. Ill wait

It's a real possibility ofcourse, I'm just saying Mir is in terrible shape, don't think we've seen him fight in this kind of shape since coming back from that accident, and he's a lot older now.
I agree he is in terrible shape it appears but a fat Mir still beats Chael everywhere easily. The only advantage Chael has is wrestling and he cant even use it against Mir without losing a limb

This could very well be a possibility. If Emelianenko gets past Mir, and Sonnen puts him on his back for three rounds, then it really comes down to who wins the other side of the tournament bracketology. If anyone other than Bader, Sonnen might win this thing.

That would be amazing.

He could beat Fedor or Mir. And possibly Mo and Nelson. I feel Bader is the toughest matchup because he's like Chael but younger and possibly better in nearly all areas. Mitrione could be the next toughest with his athleticism and movement (and obvious power). Chael's best chance would be to lock in a choke in a scramble.

In no way does Chael have better boxing than Mir. Not even close. Tell me one fight where Chael has used his striking to win a fight in the way you describe. Ill wait
Maybe not technique, but speed. If Chael stayed light on his feet and just tried to land volume, he might do okay. I know Rampage is slow, but no way Mir at his age and more importantly his weight can be much faster. As the fight goes on, it would get easier. Remember the Arlovski-Mir fight?

Back