I'm not sure GSP should really get credit as a 2 division champion

That's just the reality of It. It was a good win for GSP and he looked great. I just think we should question the legitimacy of the belt that Bisping was holding.

Bisping was a very weak champion, but he was the champion. Questioning the legitimacy of Bisping's belt is like questioning the legitimacy of a World Series champion who beat a very weak opponent from the other league, or a Superbowl champion who beat a very weak opponent; its pointless. Champ is champ. So long as the league in question (MLB, the NFL, the UFC) say someone is their champ, then they are their champ.

That said, I think GSP jumped at fighting Bisping because he thought it would be easy money. I doubt the MW title meant much to him, he's had more than enough accolades to last a lifetime. What's harder to get once you're retired is money - the Bisping fight got that for him. Lots of pro-athletes, including guys who made a lot more than GSP (Diego, Maradona, Allen Iverson, Mike Tyson for instance, but there are many more, Google for a very long list of guys who made $100+ million and are now penniless) end up broke. I suspect GSP looked at that and decided to make more money while he could.

Lol you're such an hypocrite. Scroll up 2 posts where you praise conor's 2 belts. You're so much fed up with your hatred towards GSP it's not even funny. Even though you keep saying that you "love the guy" like a pathetic piece of shit liar. I've seen nothing but bashing and discrediting of GSP from you. But ohhhh boi you "luv the guy". Right you fucking asshole.
How exactly am I bashing GSP?

I've said that he's a great fighter, he looked great after being retired for 3 years and bisping was a solid win.

I don't love GSP or anyone for that matter but I respect him as a fighter highly.

I also did not "praise" Conor's 2 belts. I just viewed Eddie alvarez to be a legitimate champion, contrary to popular belief.

Bisping wasn't even a top 5 fighter and he was a borderline top 10 fighter at best in spite of holding the belt. He was 38 years old and probably a few years past his very best as well.

This isn't hating on GSP, It's just facts.

We should give GSP all the credit in the world for how he came back and the win, It was a great performance. I just also think we need to be careful with getting carried away. As you In your bias seem to be doing.

This has nothing to do with hate.

Difference Is Eddie was actually a legit opponent, Bisping wasn't even In the top 5 In spite of holding the belt.
Did you see Eddie's last four fights to the title shot? Awful besides rda.
The Count beat anderson Silva, knocked out Luke rockhold and actually defended a title to a guy he lost to (trust me I know what you're going to say, and I agree), but based on these merits alone more credit for GSP two division championship( Not including 4 year lay off, and more physical disadvantages than what Conor had over Eddie).

Oh and GSP/DC/Stipe are multiple time defending champions of their respective divisions.

You're still wrong. Whittaker became champ once GSP vacated.
That's all, fool.
View attachment 341175
I feel you lack reading comprehension.

which isn't surprising seeing as you're still In highschool, appear to do nothing but get high and post memes In every thread while contributing nothing of Intelligence or substance.

but you do u bruh.

I feel you lack reading comprehension.

which isn't surprising seeing as you're still In highschool, appear to do nothing but get high and post memes In every thread while contributing nothing of Intelligence or substance.

but you do u bruh.
Doesn't make you any less of an idiot.
1515098359903.jpg

Bisping and GSP aren't my favorite fighters, they weren't real champions. Sherbro plz!!! lol

The Count beat anderson Silva, knocked out Luke rockhold and actually defended a title to a guy he lost to (trust me I know what you're going to say, and I agree), but based on these merits alone more credit for GSP two division championship( Not including 4 year lay off, and more physical disadvantages than what Conor had over Eddie).

Oh and GSP/DC/Stipe are multiple time defending champions of their respective divisions.
Bisping won a decision against a 42 year old Silva in a fight where he got KTFO by a flying knee. He was a weak champ like the TS states

well his ufc run Is up for debate / open to interpretation I suppose. I would say judging Eddie's skills as a fighter exclusively based on that would be a little short sighted. Probably a little disrespectful of the opponents he faced during that run as well.

Eddie has been one of the best lightweights In the world for a long time though and still Is. Throw him up against Tony or Khabib even and I think most people would be surprised how he matches up with them.

Bisping on the other hand was not a top 5 fighter, probably just barely a top 10 fighter using world MMA rankings. It sounds harsh but It's true.

I get what you're saying though

McGregor fought a fighter that was/is a legitimate Top 5 fighter. Most of us are unhappy with McGregor for a different reason.

GSP specifically picked out Bisping because he knew that Bisping is old and not a Top 5 form fighter. (and now we know he never intended to fight legitimate Top 5 MW fighters).. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

How does beating AS who was still top 5, beating Rockhold who was the number 1 ranked MW, not get you into the top 5. Like how many more top 5's does Bisping have to beat to be a top 5??

How exactly am I bashing GSP?

I've said that he's a great fighter, he looked great after being retired for 3 years and bisping was a solid win.

I don't love GSP or anyone for that matter but I respect him as a fighter highly.

I also did not "praise" Conor's 2 belts. I just viewed Eddie alvarez to be a legitimate champion, contrary to popular belief.

Bisping wasn't even a top 5 fighter and he was a borderline top 10 fighter at best in spite of holding the belt. He was 38 years old and probably a few years past his very best as well.

This isn't hating on GSP, It's just facts.

We should give GSP all the credit in the world for how he came back and the win, It was a great performance. I just also think we need to be careful with getting carried away. As you In your bias seem to be doing.

This has nothing to do with hate.

Bisping was on a 5 fight win streak, with wins over CB Dollaway, Thales Leites, Anderson Silva, Luke Rockhold, and Henderson.

Anderson was still a top 5 MW at the time, he still had only lost to Chris at that point, and Luke was ranked #1.

How does a 5 fight win streak, thag includes a top 5 win, and beating the #1 ranked MW, not even put you into the top 5?? Its not like Bisping wasnt in the top 10 before the streak either.

Ffs sometimes the logic on here is incredible.

One could argue that McGregor wasn't a true Featherweight champion because of how the UFC protected him via booking (only fought one wrestler and it was on short notice, the other wrestlers of the division were conveniently booked against other fighters).

One could argue that Alvarez was one of the weakest champions of Lightweight because he knocked out an RDA who the night before was passing out from cutting weight. Nevermind the fact that Alvarez earned the title shot after going 2-1 in the UFC, with both of his wins being split decisions.

One could lastly argue that McGregor wasn't a true two division champion because of the aforementioned above in addition to the fact that he earned his first Lightweight title shot after having never defended his recently "won" Featherweight title, and then earned a second Lightweight title shot after going 1-1 with a Lightweight in Welterweight bouts, without still having defended the Featherweight title.

One could go on and on with this sort of logic...

Bisping won a decision against a 42 year old Silva in a fight where he got KTFO by a flying knee. He was a weak champ like the TS states
TS states GSP's second weight championship shouldn't count. Even thiugh there are facts that prove bisping is at least on par of a with eddie in terms of quality of champion.
Im quiet sure slot of people were calling Eddie the weakest LW champ in a long time to try an discredit Conor's second championship belt. When in reality both are verified legit two weight champions, it's just GSP actually defended his previous belt. If I agree that bisping is weak champion, then so was Eddie and the thread is pointless.

Both have legit resumes that make their championship loss to Conor/GSP legit.

He got a shot because he was the FW champion

just like DC gets an Instant shot against Stipe.

People will always want Champion vs Champion fights.

hierarchy of deservedness sort of goes out the window anyway when they actually win the title.

Difference Is Eddie was actually a legit opponent, Bisping wasn't even In the top 5 In spite of holding the belt.
Bisping defended his belt once and whether it was against a old Hendo or not that would make him a more legit Champ than Eddie given they both one their titles in similar fashion.
So Conor got the shot for being the FW champ while there was a current Interim champ and he got finished prior?
Not very legit but sure sells a lot of tickets and is entertaining.

Back