I'm not sold on Topuria

That’s a pretty hot take you got there ts.

Although id love to see how Touporia would do against that Chihiro Suzuki guy in Rizin, the dude who recently knocked out Patricio Pitbull in Japan 🇯🇵
That would be an interesting signing and a good fight for Topuria if both keep winning. I'll give you guys a dark horse featherweight that you may see against Ilia one day: Islam Omarov. Currently in the "crush regional cans" phase of his career, but he's slowly eating into top 50 fighters, difficult outside of the UFC/Bellator, and seems like a very interesting future signing.

On topic, OP is very dumb, Ilia is very good, even though the Volk fight has an asterisk next to it due to Volk's recent KO, no one sees the fight going any differently in a rematch as Ilia is an awful, terrible match up for Volk. Too tall, too fast, concrete for hands. Great TDD, extremely competent in ground scrambles. Just want to see Ilia add more kickboxing to his game and he's an absolute monster FW for a long time, best in the world till future notice.

Last edited:
That would be an interesting signing and a good fight for Topuria if both keep winning. I'll give you guys a dark horse featherweight that you may see against Ilia one day: Islam Omarov. Currently in the "crush regional cans" phase of his career, but he's slowly eating into top 50 fighters, difficult outside of the UFC/Bellator, and seems like a very interesting future signing.

On topic, OP is very dumb, Ilia is very good, even though the Volk fight has an asterisk next to it due to Volk's recent KO, no one sees the fight going any differently in a rematch as Ilia is an awful, terrible match up for Volk. Too tall, too fast, concrete for hands. Great TDD, extremely competent in ground scrambles. Just want to see Ilia add more kickboxing to his game and he's an absolute monster FW for a long time, best in the world till future notice.
How am I "very dumb" and you bright when you literally mentioned Islam Omarov who I mentioned first? holy smokes...

And you mentioned that he's in the "crush regional cans" phase of his career. I didn't knew that Bibert Tumenov, Suleymanov, Polpudnikov, Temirkhanov and others are cans

Also he's already ranked #13 FW in the world by fight matrix, ranked even higher than Bryce Mitchell who is ranked #15 (you know Topuria's top 3 opponent in his entire career)

How am I "very dumb" and you bright when you literally mentioned Islam Omarov who I mentioned first? holy smokes...

And you mentioned that he's in the "crush regional cans" phase of his career. I didn't knew that Bibert Tumenov, Suleymanov, Polpudnikov, Temirkhanov and others are cans

Also he's already ranked #13 FW in the world by fight matrix, ranked even higher than Bryce Mitchell who is ranked #15 (you know Topuria's top 3 opponent in his entire career)
You are very dumb for insinuating that Topuria is not the best FW in the world currently after sparking out cold the previous half decades best FW and being the first to do so at his actual weight class. Shouldn't have taken the short notice Islam fight, but that was Volk's decision.

I mentioned Omarov as an interesting prospect who still needs time to develop and actually be signed to the UFC. If you put them in the cage tomorrow, Topuria would blast Omarov's head into the bleachers.

If you put Tumenov, Suleymanov, Polpudnikov, Temirkhanovs names in a list literally anywhere, ANYWHERE in these forums, 98% of people wouldn't know what weight class they even fight in, outside of the top 25 posters in worldwide.

He's ranked 13th because FW isn't the most popular division to cut to, my humble wikiposter. Most smaller guys will push the extra 10lbs to get to 135, while the ones too large by being an average sized guy cut to LW. We'll see him in the UFC one day, but acting as if Ilia has to beat a random undefeated Dagestani that isn't even in the UFC cement himself as best FW currently is ludicrous.

I bet you could name a division and I could find an undefeated crotchsniffer from the fight matrix rankings and claim the exact same thing.

Last edited:
It’s not the graders division so else we’re expecting him to beat aside from a concussed Volk or maybe a geriatric (in mma terms) max to rise to top?

Bryce submits bathtubber ez lmfao.

Seems like the joke keeps getting passed you lol

I'm making fun or the retards who never admit to anyone being good and always find arguments and excuses for why they're shit
I know I was just being an ass sir, I apologize lol.

He will definitely be never was that good as soon as he starts losing.

Until then he will probably be rightly favored over anyone in the division.

If he wins the next one, OP will put him as a GOAT contender.

Islam Omarov and Timur Khizriev

He didn't fight someone of this caliber yet in their prime. The champs once they turn 35+ almost always lose badly so nothing impressive there. I've seen that over and over again
Not to be rude but who are those guys? Are they from ONE or PFL???

What would be have to do lolol

That’s a pretty hot take you got there ts.

Although id love to see how Touporia would do against that Chihiro Suzuki guy in Rizin, the dude who recently knocked out Patricio Pitbull in Japan 🇯🇵

No, it's not a hot take, FW has always been shallow in the UFC and deep outside of it. Chihiro? Try Salahdine Parnasse, Losene Keita, Timur Khizriev, Islam Omarov, Bibert Tumenov or AJ McKee.

Not to be rude but who are those guys? Are they from ONE or PFL???

ONE doesn't have much of an MMA roster. I know you're a casual but Khizriev is with Bellator/PFL and he will probably win the FW belt once given the chance to fight for it. Islam Omarov is only 26 and he's 15-0 with wins over Suleymanov and Bibert Tumenov...he's the truth, ACA has a lot of talent.

Losene Keita is in Oktagon, insane athlete and p4p one of the hardest hitters in MMA. Salahdine Parnasse is the KSW double champ. McKee is at LW now but could still drop back down.

i could see Volk beating him if he fought like how he usually fights. everyone is focused on the Islam fight and his age, but nobody is talking about just how shitty his defense was compared to how he fought others. he kept exiting exchanges with his chin up in the air and his hands down, and he was moving around like he was sparring or something. maybe his loss of speed is a result of his age or Islam KOing him, but there's no excuse for why he was fighting with his chin up in the air and hands down.

it's like the difference between BJ Penn who beat the fuck out of Diego, and then Tippy Toes Penn who looked like he didn't know shit about fighting.

Back