I'm getting enCaged! (UPDATE - Movie #9: Fire Birds)

USS Indianapolis was pretty awful, but Cages got a hilarious scene in it.I think its his first scene in the movie.And Tom Sizemore looks like a future drug overdose victim in it.Im pretty sure that man's liver is gone at this point

I am still a Cage fan, there are still 3 movies that you haven't watched that I liked

Family man, Snake Eye, and Joe. I'd recommend these movies to you as you continue down the rabbit hole.

I really liked Family Man and Joe. Snake Eyes was decent for its era. It hasn't aged well though imho. Joe was some of Cage's finest work in the last 10 years for sure though I believe. I'm going to have to rewatch that sometime soon.

Good to see this thread get updated @shadow_priest_x ... I've been away for a little while. I'll return to the fold eventually ... I always do.

USS Indianapolis was pretty awful, but Cages got a hilarious scene in it.I think its his first scene in the movie.And Tom Sizemore looks like a future drug overdose victim in it.Im pretty sure that man's liver is gone at this point

It was the WW2 equivalent of this...

wow you’ve only seen a pathetic amount of Nicolas movies. disgusting!

also, just a friendly heads up: Vengeance: A Love Story is one of the worst pieces of shit Nicolas has ever been associated with. I would also like to add that my friend & I are convinced that Nicolas himself directed it but realized it was such shit & thus wanted to distance himself from it as much as possible, hence “Johnny Martin” being credited as the director.

oh yeah, one last thing: Humanity Bureau was one of the best fucking times I’ve had watching a Nicolas movie since Army of One. holy fuck balls my dude, tears of laughter cascaded down my face while I was curled up in the fetal position. highly highly recommended, preferably under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. it’s so worth it.

Last edited:
I still neeed to see Mom & Dad

I still neeed to see Mom & Dad
yeah you should, but in all honestly, it left me wanting more by the end. there are definitely some solid Nicolas moments, but cumulatively, they felt somewhat tame compared to the last time Nicolas worked w/ Brian Taylor (Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance). Nicolas’ screentime also pales in comparison to Selma Blair’s.

the movie itself is much better than a lot of the straight-to-VOD stuff he has been doing of late, but I still thought it was woefully mediocre. so much unrealized potential to go completely balls to the wall bananas; it was way more reserved than I expected it to be. a solid midnight movie w/ some good Nicolas moments, but not much else unfortunately.

Good to see this thread get updated @shadow_priest_x ... I've been away for a little while. I'll return to the fold eventually ... I always do.

I actually noticed recently that I haven't seen you around in a while. So, good to see you around!

Fucking hell! I really liked 90's Sizemore, but yeah, he went down a rabbit hole of turpitude. I thought he got his act all cleaned up. It wasn't that long ago I saw a long interview with him, and while he looked a bit overtly eccentric, his eyes were clear and he looked driven.

Dude, apparently he was fired from Shooter . . . though not because of almost killing a stuntman. He was fired due to a domestic violence charge that came out soon after that.

Yeah, I dunno man, the dude just can't quite seem to get it together and keep it that way. Did you ever see the show Shooting Sizemore from several years ago?

Bruh, I've seen nearly 40 Nic Cage movies. How many do you think I should've seen?
at least 70.

edit: I want to add that I come into this thread extending an olive branch, because if there is one thing we can agree on, it’s that Nicolas is amazing. I have dedicated my life (& lots of moneys) to this man. I have shed tears & blood for Nicolas.

Last edited:
at least 70.

edit: I want to add that I come into this thread extending an olive branch, because if there is one thing we can agree on, it’s that Nicolas is amazing. I have dedicated my life (& lots of moneys) to this man. I have shed tears & blood for Nicolas.

Indeed. Well I appreciate the effort. I will accept your Olive Branch.

I do love Nic Cage. The Rock and Face/Off basically cemented him in my mind as one of the greatest living actors and my appreciation has grown from there.

If you haven't seen Ethan Hawke's comments on him, then aware yourself:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...-hawke-m-obsessed-nicolas-cage-170525946.html

I actually noticed recently that I haven't seen you around in a while. So, good to see you around!

Dude, apparently he was fired from Shooter . . . though not because of almost killing a stuntman. He was fired due to a domestic violence charge that came out soon after that.

Yeah, I dunno man, the dude just can't quite seem to get it together and keep it that way. Did you ever see the show Shooting Sizemore from several years ago?

Glad to be back! I'm still watching movies at a feverish pace, so I'm ready to chime in on whatever the subject material is.

I found out about Shooting Sizemore when I was watching a different piece on him. I don't think I could handle watching a reality show with him overcoming that stuff though. Some of it may hit a little too close to home and him as an individual is interesting, but I don't think I could handle that much of him in his own reality show. I do really like his early work though!

hey @shadow_priest_x did you watch this? its awesome

Drive-Angry-600x400.jpg

For him, the action is the juice.

I thought this was some weird sexual fetish thing,leaving disappointed!

Or possibly really,really frustrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back