I'm a MOD, Ask Me Anything!

Matt Serra

Matt "The Rigatoni Terra" Serra

5lp.gif

Ok, here's another question that picked my interest.
How often are you here moderating? (is there a minimum/maximum)?
And more important: Did your interest for MMA (or this forum) change since now you are moderating, not just participating?
How is the experience different (for better or worse)?

edit: one more: Are there times you see a thread and think "yeah, I am not touching that" ? :)
There is no min or max as soon as I log on I can either post or see if there are reports that need to be attended to.
My posting hasn't altered at all since I became a moderator. I just have to be more aware of other posters and the rules as I go around the thread
I've never avoided a thread in the heavies due to subject matter, unless it's a Conor/khazmat thread. Mostly because they're all the same and boring

There is no min or max as soon as I log on I can either post or see if there are reports that need to be attended to.
My posting hasn't altered at all since I became a moderator. I just have to be more aware of other posters and the rules as I go around the thread
I've never avoided a thread in the heavies due to subject matter, unless it's a Conor/khazmat thread. Mostly because they're all the same and boring
<just coming out of a Khamzat thread>...
upload_2022-1-9_10-47-6.jpeg

Is it the number of dicks one must suck to achieve mod status, or is there a certain dick that one must suck?

Is it a planned event, or do the mods just circle up on you one day and suck you in, like a gang jumping?

I have so many questions

Listen, when I get a "like" I want to feel like I earned it. Why do you believe "likes" shouldn't be earned and just given willy nilly

Listen, when I get a "like" I want to feel like I earned it. Why do you believe "likes" shouldn't be earned and just given willy nilly
I grew up wrestling and a great coach once said "you don't get what you deserve, you get what you earn" I appreciate most posts and posters on sherdog, even if we don't agree or get along. So yes, I make sure to let everybody and every post know that I have read and appreciated their participation on this forum

Is it the number of dicks one must suck to achieve mod status, or is there a certain dick that one must suck?

Is it a planned event, or do the mods just circle up on you one day and suck you in, like a gang jumping?

I have so many questions
No certian number just a random group will show up and at that point it's too late anyways.

I grew up wrestling and a great coach once said "you don't get what you deserve, you get what you earn" I appreciate most posts and posters on sherdog, even if we don't agree or get along. So yes, I make sure to let everybody and every post know that I have read and appreciated their participation on this forum
Listen, I think participation trophies are ruining a once great country. But for this forum I think it works.

Back