Ilia topuria vs max holloway

IMO Max has the better skillset, experience, fight IQ and durability. Topuria has the power advantage obviously. Topuria is not putting Max out with his best shot period, Justin couldn't do it so no way in hell Topuria hits harder than Gaethjie. It seems people's opinion are either based on MMA Math for the reason Topuria beat Volk that automatically means Topuria beats Max or based on a biased opinion against Max. I don't see a way Topuria wins this fight, please explain how he beats Max.

Last edited:
Okay so you dont know ilias skills
Ilia has one of the best wrestling you will ever see in mma and he has cardio to wrestle more than five rounds dude was wrestling since he was 7 years old
You call his wrestling basic when u dont have info about him...
But you haven't seen it in mma yet, that's different. Yoel Romero has some of the most decorated wrestling ability going into MMA. In MMA, his takedowns were above middle level. Ilia has gone 9 for 16 on takedowns in the UFC so far.

You're counting skills he hasn't demonstrated and acting like we don't know the thing he hasn't done

Hell, I don't necessarily think Max wins, but the amount of stupid "he doesn't deserve it" and "he can't win" posts that have come up lately are riduculous

Comments like this shows you guys have zero idea about fighting he knocked out korean zombie who was gased damaged and was swinging without defence moving towards max and he knocked out gased and damaged justin who was also swinging without defence and you guys think max found new power? Just say you dont even know how to throw punch
You've watched maybe 7 fights from a guy and you already know the ceiling of his entire skill-set somehow, so maybe pull back on the whole 'people must not watch or know what they're talking about' crap before you get called out on it

Who is hard to ko? Justin? Dude has been knocked out and rocked so manytimes he cant even remember
Zombie? He has ben koed out cold before
Max is not knockout artist
Oh really?
Name me the UFC fights Justin Gaethje has been "knocked out" in?
Go.

Not at the clip he does now.
Listen, Topuria's good there's no doubt about it, the Max we saw against Gaethje shows up though is better.

But you haven't seen it in mma yet, that's different. Yoel Romero has some of the most decorated wrestling ability going into MMA. In MMA, his takedowns were above middle level. Ilia has gone 9 for 16 on takedowns in the UFC so far.

You're counting skills he hasn't demonstrated and acting like we don't know the thing he hasn't done

Hell, I don't necessarily think Max wins, but the amount of stupid "he doesn't deserve it" and "he can't win" posts that have come up lately are riduculous

You've watched maybe 7 fights from a guy and you already know the ceiling of his entire skill-set somehow, so maybe pull back on the whole 'people must not watch or know what they're talking about' crap before you get called out on it
Romero had fuckin broken neck this is reason he could not wrestle.

Ilia had most takedown attempts in his first ufc fight which he took on 8 days notice right after he had covid-19 he was in worst shape hes ever been.

Dude was head kicked and seconds afer still got takedown
Took down pretty good wrestler emmett easly

Has 8 sub wins

I have watched all of his fights not only in ufc so you are wrong.

Its same as it was against volk "who he has fought" "volk is too good for him" and only after fight "volk came back too early" while in reality no matter which verion of volk takes ilias right hook he gets knocked fuck out.

After ilia dominates max in boxing and wrestling you will say max is out of prime and had bad weight cut becuse he gained too much muscle for LW.

Max has only better cardio and chin other than that ilia is better and its easy to see.

And yeah ilia would knock fuck out of justin in 2 rounds max

Oh really?
Name me the UFC fights Justin Gaethje has been "knocked out" in?
Go.
1.against eddie
2.porier
3.max
4.chicken danced and almost koed against jonson
5. Rocked against chandler
6.knocked down against olivera
7.knocked down againt tony

Justin couldn't do it so no way in hell Topuria hits harder than Gaethjie
This! This shows i am right. Justins technique is not even close to topurias justin was able to land "clean" only once and knocked down max
Ilia will hit max many times
Having power means nothing if you cant hit

Topuria wins this fight, please explain how he beats Max.
With better boxing technique and speed
With powerful counters and elite wrestling/grappling he will mix it if he needs

Every time max trys to hit combos he will be countered hard
If he trades shots in pocket he will go to shadow realm

He was knocked out against eddie porier and max
He wasn't KO'd "cold" against Eddie. He was still jumping around trying to get up.

It was ruled a TKO, which is different than what Max did where he was out cold.
You should know there's a difference between a TKO and KO.

Max has better footwork and cardio. If he survives the first 2 rounds I think he wins by decision.

I got my money on Ilia but definitely think Max should never be counted out.

I just think Ilia is too technical and sound with his boxing and will have the edge on the feet.

People riding Max's nuts because he goaded some bar brawler into a throwdown and managed to KO him.

It wasn't that impressive.

Topuria isn't some moron who is going to fall for that nonsense.

And this dumb idea that Max is the better boxer needs to stop lol. If he was such a good boxer, he wouldn't have been panic wrestling against Yair. He would have actually finished Kattar. He wouldn't have gotten battered around like a can by Dustin for 5 rounds. And he wouldn't have gotten completely embarrassed by Volk in their third fight.

Topuria shuts this Hawaiian bum's lights out easily.

I don't think Max beats him but your takes make me hope he wins.

I'm talking about skill for skill not about some bomb which ends fight skill for skill ilia is better and if anyone thinks max beats ilia easly is just hater or has no idea about fighting and thinks he knows something bcs he watched 30 or more "ufc" fights

You sound so angry with your little Ilia avatar. It's a super competitive fight, I don't disagree with you at all. Fights like Ilia vs Holloway, Shavkat vs Leon, Omalley vs Merab, Umar vs Sandhagen, Khamzat vs Whittaker etc. Is why you watch the sport, only on rare occasions do we get fights that good.

People riding Max's nuts because he goaded some bar brawler into a throwdown and managed to KO him.

It wasn't that impressive.

Topuria isn't some moron who is going to fall for that nonsense.

And this dumb idea that Max is the better boxer needs to stop lol. If he was such a good boxer, he wouldn't have been panic wrestling against Yair. He would have actually finished Kattar. He wouldn't have gotten battered around like a can by Dustin for 5 rounds. And he wouldn't have gotten completely embarrassed by Volk in their third fight.

Topuria shuts this Hawaiian bum's lights out easily.

This might be the dumbest shit I've read in a minute. You can be a fan of a fighter without being an absolute moron, which I know you're typically not, lol.

Ilia is a very talented fighter who's selling fights the best he can, even if doesn't come off well. You don't need to jump the shark, Sherbro.

Back