Media Ilia Topuria says that he has a date for UFC Spain 🇪🇸

If Ilia fights Max, who would win?

• Total voters
I'm 50/50 on how this fight turns out. I can see either man winning. I just hope it's a good one which it very well should be. May the best man win.

Would they make two (England, and Spain) ppv in Europe in the next seven months, and have them both start on N. American time?

I’d be surprised if there was a Spain card before 2025. Maybe a FN, card? But that doesn’t really make sense if Max is in this fight. That’s a ppv fight.

Nope, I don’t see that happening in 2024. Is this guy going to try to sit on his belt? While some fantasy Spain card never materializes?

Remember Dricus.. “I’ll wait for UFC Africa”.

These entitled clowns are beyond belief these days.

Would they make two (England, and Spain) ppv in Europe in the next seven months, and have them both start on N. American time?

I’d be surprised if there was a Spain card before 2025. Maybe a FN, card? But that doesn’t really make sense if Max is in this fight. That’s a ppv fight.

Nope, I don’t see that happening in 2024. Is this guy going to try to sit on his belt? While some fantasy Spain card never materializes?

We know where all the PPVs will be this year except 307 and 310. I can see one of them being Spain.

Don't need to assume it's based on North American time..

But yea, maybe 2025

if thats true and he's gonna headline a PPV in Spain this year then its either Oct 5th or the Dec PPV. Honestly would be surprised if they did Spain this year. UFC isnt known for doing the right thing. You get a popular champ win belt who is big over there and UFC would put his next title defense in Arizona or something instead of going to Spain so I'll hold off on this until its really confirmed.

Yeah I just don't see how it works.

Surely any Spain event is going to be heavily reliant on European talent, because in terms of Spanish and Portuguese debuted UFC fighters, they have 3 total.

Scheduling Manchester then Paris in quite quick succession doesn't seem to lend itself logically to a Spanish card.

They should do one, but I can't see how it makes sense before 2025.

There are as many Moldovan fighters as there are Spanish and Portuguese debuted UFC fighters combined, they're gonna have to put in a little more work than this. Unless every single prelim is gonna be a debuting Spanish fighter, I'm not really sure how they'd expect the audience to connect with the majority of the card.

Yeah I just don't see how it works.

Surely any Spain event is going to be heavily reliant on European talent, because in terms of Spanish and Portuguese debuted UFC fighters, they have 3 total.

Scheduling Manchester then Paris in quite quick succession doesn't seem to lend itself logically to a Spanish card.

They should do one, but I can't see how it makes sense before 2025.

There are as many Moldovan fighters as there are Spanish and Portuguese debuted UFC fighters combined, they're gonna have to put in a little more work than this. Unless every single prelim is gonna be a debuting Spanish fighter, I'm not really sure how they'd expect the audience to connect with the majority of the card.
If Ilia says he has a date then it probably isn't 2025. That's a long ass time away to negotiate a fight. 310 would be my guess if I had to make one. 304 is UK in July, 310 would be December. That's a few months apart.

Don't need to assume it's based on North American time.
Then it wouldn’t be a ppv, would it?

Are you serious? A ppv during Local Primetime in Spain?

For the massive Euro fanbase that probably gets ppv for free on their cable package? While trying to sell the card to their biggest customers starting around noon in the East, and 9am in the West?

1715729118404.gif

If Ilia says he has a date then it probably isn't 2025. That's a long ass time away to negotiate a fight. 310 would be my guess if I had to make one.

The week after Paris?

I mean... that would be wacky.

He wasn't talking about fighting, he was referring to banging lady fans.

The week after Paris?

I mean... that would be wacky.
I mean 307 is an option too. 307 and 310 are the ones we don't know the location yet. I just strongly doubt Ilia would be saying he had a date if it was in 2025 that doesn't make much sense. Ilia could be lying I guess.

I mean 307 is an option too. 307 and 310 are the ones we don't know the location yet. I just strongly doubt Ilia would be saying he had a date if it was in 2025 that doesn't make much sense. Ilia could be lying I guess.

I mean, surely it's not 307. 310, if it's December, would potentially work but that's really stretching the European roster and leaves almost no time to introduce Spanish talent.

I don't think Ilia would lie, but if someone at the UFC says to one of his team "we're looking at __December?__", it doesn't mean that much. If it doesn't happen, Dana calls it 'media talk', if it does, they're probably struggling for a card in my opinion.

I think we'll see Ilia defend in the United States before the year is out, but not before he's fought to compete for a Spanish card that isn't forthcoming.

I mean, surely it's not 307. 310, if it's December, would potentially work but that's really stretching the European roster and leaves almost no time to introduce Spanish talent.

I don't think Ilia would lie, but if someone at the UFC says to one of his team "we're looking at __December?__", it doesn't mean that much. If it doesn't happen, Dana calls it 'media talk', if it does, they're probably struggling for a card in my opinion.

I think we'll see Ilia defend in the United States before the year is out, but not before he's fought to compete for a Spanish card that isn't forthcoming.
I don't know which card Ilia could headline in the US unless it's 307 and in SLC or another US city. 305 is in Perth and Ilia/Max has no connection there. 306 is Vegas which could be Ilia/Max, that's probably what I would do but it's rumored O'Malley/Merab for that one. 308 Abu Dhabi no way. 309 MSG Jones/Stipe.

I don't know which card Ilia could headline in the US unless it's 307 and in SLC or another US city. 305 is in Perth and Ilia/Max has no connection there. 306 is Vegas which could be Ilia/Max, that's probably what I would do but it's rumored O'Malley/Merab for that one. 308 Abu Dhabi no way. 309 MSG Jones/Stipe.

Probably is 307 based on what looks like a pretty solid breakdown there, I just don't think it will be Spain.

Like you say, probably SLC per rumoured obligations.

It would absolutely be in line with previous SLC main events, too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back