News Ihor Potieria appeals loss against Michel Pereira

Dude got fucking obliterated and straight styled on

They ain’t giving you that homie, walking papers coming shortly is what your getting
No, I want to see him against Poatan, then to move up in weight and fight Aspinall, Pavlovich, and Derrick Lewis all in a row.

He can't be forgiven for tiktok dancing on Shogun's grave. Isn't about winning or losing, old legends are expected to go out on their shields.
FnC3Zc9X0AAIZ6f

On topic, it's Brazil, he ain't getting the appeal lol

I don't get this approach. Even if you get it overturned everybody saw the fight. This isn't going to endear you to the fans or the promotion. It just sounds whiny.

You are missing the point. Let me try again - If you kick your opponent in the nuts, and while he is on the floor you choke him out, do you win?
And again, the accidental little chin to a part of the face had nothing to do with the finish.

And again, the accidental little chin to a part of the face had nothing to do with the finish.
Watch it again, look at Ihor face and reaction. If you think that did not hurt him, I don't know what to say -

Poteria need to stop act like this fight was competitive, lol.
And Pereira need to stop doing that stupid backflips, otherwise he will have most dq losses in UFC.

That knee didn't land sir.

So in that video, Stephen’s and Emmett both seem to acknowledge the knee landing. Stephen’s even tries to justify the knee with his incorrect interpretation of the rules.

A knee to that spot on the skull does not have to land flush to cause damage.

Look at Poatans KO of Jamal Hill. It was a glancing blow with a glove, but still delivered enough force to knock Hill out.

An illegal blow also doesn’t even have to cause significant damage to be an illegal blow.

Both Emmett and Poitiera would not have reacted the same way in their fights if they were not trying to avoid the illegally thrown strikes, regardless of whether they landed flush.

Would you say it’s legal to say, throw a soccer kick at a downed opponents head, but not intend for it to land, but only to cause your opponent to react to it to set up another legal strike?

If that’s legal, then virtually every fighter should start to use soccer kicks feints to the head to set up their entries to ground and pound.

Last edited:
I don't think it should be overturned. I do think Michel probably does need something like that to happen to stop doing stupid shit in the Octagon that could get him DQ'd though.

Shouldn't have styled on Shogun in his retirement fight. He made his bed.

Fair play I guess. He can never take that S Tier highlight away from us though. The back flip was awesome & fitting tribute from Michel Pereira to Shogun who had the most violent attacks on grounded opponents. Chef’s kiss moment. My advice to Ihor is roll out of the way next time.

Last edited:
Lol he barely reacted to whatever he got hit by

If you watch that video it shows the knee going behind the head.

So in that video, Stephen’s and Emmett both seem to acknowledge the knee landing. Stephen’s even tries to justify the knee with his incorrect interpretation of the rules.

A knee to that spot on the skull does not have to land flush to cause damage.

Look at Poatans KO of Jamal Hill. It was a glancing blow with a glove, but still delivered enough force to knock Hill out.

An illegal blow also doesn’t even have to cause significant damage to be an illegal blow.

Both Emmett and Poitiera would not have reacted the same way in their fights if they were not trying to avoid the illegally thrown strikes, regardless of whether they landed flush.

Would you say it’s legal to say, throw a soccer kick at a downed opponents head, but not intend for it to land, but only to cause your opponent to react to it to set up another legal strike?

If that’s legal, then virtually every fighter should start to use soccer kicks feints to the head to set up their entries to ground and pound.

I ain't a fan of Ihkr, but that was straight garbage by pereira. That knee clearly affected Ihor. This should be a NC.
Did it? He continued. It had zero impact. He gets up right after it. He was already getting mauled

So he's trying to get a dq win out of this?

Maybe no contest, and remove the loss which will make his overall record look better.

He wad going to lose anyway as I recall, I feel like I remember him being solidly dropped by a left hand and falling pretty hard.

The flipping rotation shin to the chin definitely didn't help and by the rules as written should probably be a foul.

Was there replay available?

If not I feel like the call should stand, as it is well within reason for a ref to have missed that detail in real time and come to the judgement call of a TKO, people make mistakes but the refs decision is final unless the AC allows replay.

Back