News Ihor Potieria appeals loss against Michel Pereira

Looked like a clear foul on replay. This should be a NC, but fighting isn't fair.

I enjoy watching Pereira fight but this is a really moronic move to pull, it doesn't make sense to reward him for it. There should be a punishment for overtly breaking the rules.

IDK why everyone hates the guy, he had a great finish in this fight:
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fe8ce2ac9-5398-4016-825d-d38685ecfaee_467x250.gif

He got a little too excited and did a tik tok dance on Shogun's corpse.

Last edited:
I support the appeal, but I doubt it gets overturned.

Josh Emmett ate a clean knee to then dome when he was grounded against Jeremy Stephens and it didn’t get overturned either.

That knee didn't land sir.

That didn’t end the fight, Pereira chocking him did.
You are missing the point. Let me try again - If you kick your opponent in the nuts, and while he is on the floor you choke him out, do you win?

Charles Oliveira and Nik Lentz had their first fight get overturned from a RNC victory for Oliveira to a NC after Oliveira landed an illegal knee on Lentz that hurt him and helped Oliveira get the win
That was in Pittsburgh, PA. I really don’t see that happening to a Brazilian fighter in Brazil.

instead, let’s overturn Ihor’s win against Shogun as Mauricio should have never need cleared to fight with two bum knees and various other injuries.

Prime Shogun would have murked Ihor faster than Michel….BTW.
That was prime shogun

You are missing the point. Let me try again - If you kick your opponent in the nuts, and while he is on the floor you choke him out, do you win?
hate to be an encourager, but yes, it does.

If you land a nut shot, and the referee doesn't pause the fight, then you end up landing and catching a submission soon after, you win. EG bo nickal wins after a 'nut shot' the ref missed

What I believe is that the pereira flip/kick to downed opponent barely landed, if at all, and even if it did, it would constitute no more than a point deduction. I highly doubt the commission will conclude that it led to the direct finish of the fight by submission.

We'll see, though. Imo far more eggresious fouls have gone missed and no results were overturned. This one will remain the same.

Slowgun fans are the worst, most delusional fans in all MMA.
Pride fanboys in general were the worst back in 09 when I first started reading these forums. Shogun probably had the most rabid of them, but it didn't matter if it was him, Gomi, Wanderlei, Cro Cop, Kid Yamamoto, etc.. If a fighter that never fought in Pride had the audacity to beat their beloved Pride fighters, there was a real solid chunk of dummies here that would shit on that non-Pride fighter every chance they could get going forward, as I'm sure you remember. Clowns even hated on Forest Griffin of all people.

People ITT claiming Ihor is hated by a vocal minority because he 'did a little dance,' no, he is hated by that group because he did a little dance after KOing Shogun. He would've gotten hate dance or no dance, that was just the green light the fanboys needed.

And after ranting about how much they pissed me off back in the day, I have to admit I still love them in a weird way.. Pride Never Die

He got what was coming to him for the disrespect shown Shogun :mad:

Pride fanboys in general were the worst back in 09 when I first started reading these forums. Shogun probably had the most rabid of them, but it didn't matter if it was him, Gomi, Wanderlei, Cro Cop, Kid Yamamoto, etc.. If a fighter that never fought in Pride had the audacity to beat their beloved Pride fighters, there was a real solid chunk of dummies here that would shit on that non-Pride fighter every chance they could get going forward, as I'm sure you remember. Clowns even hated on Forest Griffin of all people.

People ITT claiming Ihor is hated by a vocal minority because he 'did a little dance,' no, he is hated by that group because he did a little dance after KOing Shogun. He would've gotten hate dance or no dance, that was just the green light the fanboys needed.

And after ranting about how much they pissed me off back in the day, I habe to admit I still love them in a weird way.. Pride Never Die
Silva fans were just as bad too. Had Teh Chris not steamrolled Silva, he wouldn't get soo much hate as he does today. All the Silva fanboys cried and said how disprespectful Teh Chris was for celebrating after winning, but when Silva is being disrespectful during the fight, they just say, oh thats just his fighting style.

Back