IGN says that Resident Evil 5 is too racist to remake, and should be re-written.

Why exactly? It's got the mechanics of RE4.

Didn't really care for the story for starters.

I'd honestly probably have to go back and play it again to remember all my nitpicks for it. It's been forever at this point. I just remember not liking it much at all compared to 4.

Weren't they the same site where every PS 4 review and article started with the author whining about Trump?
Not a common reader of IGN reviews, but based on what else is being said, it wouldn't be a surprise.

It took only the action parts of RE4 and gave up on the survival horror aspect completely. It was just a bland, third party shooter
Oh, well you got me there.

After re4 was a success, it seemed the studio realized that the horror element was tiresome and action was better.

I actually love the beginning walkthrough the bright lit village. Re4 was fun, even though I was extremely doubtful. When I got over it, re5 was right in line.

However, I agree with the game needing to be scary. That's why that remake of re4 is amazing and awful. Mr x should not be annoying and I'd like to look at the damn game.

That's what I never understood about re games. They reward you for completing their own games as fast as you can. How many developers worked on so many details, just to be ignored cuz the player is on a timer. Oh, and it's a FUN game.

Yeah, I need to stop having fun as fast as I can..

No one balked when it was in Spain and EVERYONE killed was Spanish, except for the one white guy.
lol, what do you mean by this? I'm from Spain and I'm pretty damn sure we're all white here.
RE4 was hilarious in its depiction of Spain, it looked more like an 18th century Romanian village. But you know, people here don't give a shit about these petty things. They just laugh it off and go on with their lives.

Last edited:
Oh, well you got me there.

After re4 was a success, it seemed the studio realized that the horror element was tiresome and action was better.

I actually love the beginning walkthrough the bright lit village. Re4 was fun, even though I was extremely doubtful. When I got over it, re5 was right in line.

However, I agree with the game needing to be scary. That's why that remake of re4 is amazing and awful. Mr x should not be annoying and I'd like to look at the damn game.

That's what I never understood about re games. They reward you for completing their own games as fast as you can. How many developers worked on so many details, just to be ignored cuz the player is on a timer. Oh, and it's a FUN game.

Yeah, I need to stop having fun as fast as I can..

I find the bit in the RE2 remake where you're being chased by that stupid big dude annoying AF for pretty much the reasons you list.

I find the bit in the RE2 remake where you're being chased by that stupid big dude annoying AF for pretty much the reasons you list.
You should be praising RE2 that the stupid big dude isn't a 'diversity hire' for 'modern audiences'

IGN is a bunch of bitches. Checked out their review for the new Harry Potter game and they had a whole section about disavowing J K Rowling.
JK rowling wanted to turn hermonie into a black girl.

Funny how you guys all forgot about that and now she's a champion of free speech against the woke.

JK rowling wanted to turn hermonie into a black girl.

Funny how you guys all forgot about that and now she's a champion of free speech against the woke.

JK Rowling isn't anti-woke, but got positioned as such because she's about female rights and feels strongly that transgender rights shouldn't outweigh them.

In reality, she's diametrically opposed to basic right wing US politics.

On the black Hermione issue, she'd pointed out Hermione's race and skin colour isn't mentioned in the books, so once again (and as always) one person's personal vision about what a character might look like became an issue for demented right wing grifters.

To say "JK Rowling wanted to turn Hermione into a black girl" is kinda stupid, bud. A film director cast her as white. A stage director cast her as black. There is no right or wrong, nobody 'turned' anybody into anything.

On the black Hermione issue, she'd pointed out Hermione's race and skin colour isn't mentioned in the books
Except IT IS she was described in the books as looking like a 'panda' when she had a black eye. If someone had dark skin with a black eye the description wouldn't make sense. Hermonie was written as white. She has approved official illustrations of her as white.

and then when she got called out on it she started blocking people, which is typical not only of twitter active people, but apparently sherdoggers as well.

Except IT IS she was described in the books as looking like a 'panda' when she had a black eye. If someone had dark skin with a black eye the description wouldn't make sense. Hermonie was written as white. She has approved official illustrations of her as white.

and then when she got called out on it she started blocking people, which is typical not only of twitter active people, but apparently sherdoggers as well.

As long as the bruise is darker than their skin, then yeah, they absolutely can refer to themselves as looking like a 'panda', what the fuck is wrong with you?

As long as the bruise is darker than their skin, then yeah, they absolutely can refer to themselves as looking like a 'panda', what the fuck is wrong with you?
las-vegas-nevada-yordenis-ugas-looks-on-with-a-closed-right-eye-against-mario-barrios-during.jpg

8u3k0zn66i_Large_WW170579.jpg

DEoYFFaWsAIxn8G.jpg

@GearSolidMetal

For those asking about RE5 as a game, its undoubtedly the weakest main-line RE game I've played, and I've played them all with the exception of RE6 & the remake of RE3.

As many have mentioned, its an action game with no semblance of the survival-horror that made the franchise famous. The cover-shooting mechanics were weak and unwanted. The story was also weak, and they killed off the franchise's main antagonist.

Capcom has been remaking the series over the last several years, and the question has been after RE2, RE3, & RE4 have been remade and been huge financial successes... will they remake RE5, or Code Veronica? (A previous main-line entry of the series without a number).

I've been of the opinion Code Veronica absolutely deserves to be remade now, rather than being entirely skipped to make RE5... which seems inevitable. And whichever decision Capcom has made was made a year ago, after the RE4 remake was released and its probably halfway through development at this point.

But now, as a 'fuck you' to IGN and pussy game journalists, I hope its RE5 being remade.

Or this will at least soften the blow that Code Veronica will not be remade.

"ALL NON-WHITE PEOPLE HAVE VERY DARK SKIN"

- Mack Yancy

This is stupid, bud. Stop getting your opinions from Reddit.

She could have been Latino, North African, you have no idea and no reason to think she was "WHITE" other than your own lack of imagination.

Back