IGN buys Humble Bundle

jefferz

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Well, there goes Humble and their great bundles. They say they're not going to change anything, but I really have my doubts.

Media giant IGN announced today that it has acquired Humble Bundle, the company best known for selling packs of indie games at pay-what-you-want prices. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
However, a press release confirming the deal also noted that Humble will continue to operate independently in the wake of the acquisition, with no significant business or staffing changes. It will have some degree of support from IGN (which is itself owned by digital media giant J2 Global), specifically in terms of accelerating growth and raising more money for charity.
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/307546/Humble_Bundle_has_been_acquired_by_media_giant_IGN.php

Well, there goes Humble and their great bundles. They say they're not going to change anything, but I really have my doubts.

Media giant IGN announced today that it has acquired Humble Bundle, the company best known for selling packs of indie games at pay-what-you-want prices. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
However, a press release confirming the deal also noted that Humble will continue to operate independently in the wake of the acquisition, with no significant business or staffing changes. It will have some degree of support from IGN (which is itself owned by digital media giant J2 Global), specifically in terms of accelerating growth and raising more money for charity.
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/307546/Humble_Bundle_has_been_acquired_by_media_giant_IGN.php
Yeah, fuck.

"We're not going to change anything...for the first three months." The only news worse than this would have been if EA bought them out.

ign sucks shit so i'd be amazed if they don't rape it.

The funny thing is I get all my gaming news from ign. And yet I'll be the first to agree they fucking suck. I used to use gamespy but their site was discontinued like 3 or 4 years ago.

:(

Stupid ign.

Yeah, fuck.

"We're not going to change anything...for the first three months." The only news worse than this would have been if EA bought them out.

This really sucks. The monthly's haven't been to great lately, but they're still usually worth the pick up if you're into trading. I'm really hoping they keep the part where you can donate to the charity you choose, I think mine is set to an American Legion in California.
Just wait until IGN starts reviewing Humble made games.

Last edited:
"Fuckingyououtofallyourmoney Bundle" is not as catchy.

Maybe IGN can give good games decent reviews now that they are selling them.

Back