If you're sick of C.O.D and Battlefield, Doom online really hits the sweet spot

LuchaBear

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It wasn't always good but after a major update a while back, it has really come together. It's like a Quake/Halo hybrid. It also looks great and runs 60fps on consoles.

No automatic health or shield charge. Have to pick them up. No running but game play is really fast. These few things separate it from the rest of the online FPS's.

Last edited:
I played a phenomenal amount of doom before i started playing Overwatch. almost bought the season pass for the 3 mp expansions too.

I'll go back to it later, season pass will be cheaper too

I played a phenomenal amount of doom before i started playing Overwatch. almost bought the season pass for the 3 mp expansions too.

I'll go back to it later, season pass will be cheaper too

They made the season pass/DLC free with the last update. Probably because nobody bought it lol.

They made the season pass/DLC free with the last update. Probably because nobody bought it lol.
Holy shit!
It was expensive too. I feel bad for the ones that did buy it and since i remember quite a few people transforming into those special monsters that come with the season pass a reasonable amount of people did buy it.

Last edited:
I only tried MP during the beta.. the single player was so damn amazing I didn't even really think to give online another try. I guess I'll have to.

It wasn't always good but after a major update a while back, it has really come together. It's like a Quake/Halo hybrid. It also looks great and runs 60fps on consoles.

No automatic health or shield charge. Have to pick them up. No running but game play is really fast. These few things separate it from the rest of the online FPS's.

wait...how is this a sweet spot between COD and BF?

wouldnt Squad be the sweet spot?

I really need to get a good pc. I missed out on so much. Mainly Insurgency and Squad. They look to be my type of games.

I really enjoy it

You get in some great battles, because unlike COD or whatever it takes more than 1 bullet to kill you

You usually have time to spin around and engage in tactics when someone starts shooting you

It's a real visceral feeling when you get in a duel with somebody, and it feels great to win said duels, especially if you can cap it off with a glory kill

I just wish more people played on PC

I remember playing the original doom on dial-up. I actually play it still to this day. Better than 95% of the shit they make now days which take no skill whatsoever.

I remember playing the original doom on dial-up. I actually play it still to this day. Better than 95% of the shit they make now days which take no skill whatsoever.

You can play old school Doom style levels too.

Doom is one of, if not the most, important games of all time.

I picked up Doom a couple of months ago on the cheap and went online and it seemed like there was no one playing it. Wasn't really thrilled with the experience either way.

I picked up Doom a couple of months ago on the cheap and went online and it seemed like there was no one playing it. Wasn't really thrilled with the experience either way.

It can take a while to get used too because theres no running, health regeneration and its super fast. It puts off most people at first including myself but then you realize it makes for a much more exciting game.

Team deathmatch is usually being played but ya it can be hard finding a game.

i played that game type that is like SnD in call of duty shit was so damn fun. I was really good at the multiplayer on this game ill try it again soon

Back