• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you'd spent enough time in a BJJ gym, you'd know that cella/jones tapout is STAGED

Dude whatever, Jones was screwing around, shot in on Cella, and then got tapped. It can happen to anyone, it does not make him bad, it does not mean it was staged, it just means that shit happens.

Jone's face was more a product of him being pretty embarrassed that it all occurred, he does not seem to enjoy losing very much, and was slightly rattled.

Dude that's what they want you to believe, and i'm telling you this wasn't a "shit happens" situation. I've been tapped out by guillotine probably more than by any other move, Jones LET HIM DO IT. IF you'd trained some bjj you'd know what was going on there

Not staged. They were just casually rolling shit happens not a big deal stop crying

Why would i be crying, i hate jon jones. It's clear to me that you don't train bjj, you see when you go for a guillotine, you simply can't finish it from the position cella ended up with jones securing his legs because the moment to close the guard HAD ALREADY PASSED, and cella wouldn't be able to finish this move on a drunk blue belt unless he let him, it's IMPOSSIBLE

Everybody with a fuckin brain knows that wasn't real....if u think it was, u need a brain scan. .that's all

TS, did you make this thread to trumpet how much better you are at BJJ than everyone else on Sherdog?

TS, did you make this thread to trumpet how much better you are at BJJ than everyone else on Sherdog?

Ahh the classic if you don't agree with me it's because I'm better than you argument...never gets old...err wait, yeah it does.

its training. big deal. i doubt even cella is going 100 %

its practice, and that doesnt fully equate into a real fight situation. My friend took me down once in practice when we were doing takedowns/tdd and thought that meant he would win in a real fight situation. When it came to sparring he learned that wasn't the case.

When I watched it, it looked like Jon was playing around and toying with him like you would a newer grappler, letting them work their technique.
Obviously Jon probably intentionally let him have the position and get the choke in, just not sure once it was locked in whether or not Jon tried to get out or not

what incident is this thread about? something that happened on TUF? If so then I must have missed it.

FFS they were just playing around. Cella grabbed his neck on the way down, Jones is stuck for a few seconds and decided to tap. Everyone acts like Cella was fighting for the LHW championship and was robbed of victory. So Jones is supposed to spend time and energy trying to pull his head free in some meaningless playful rolling session, and even that is an overstatement of what this was, lol.

Not staged. They were just casually rolling shit happens not a big deal stop crying

This^ It's okay if you are a purple belt and get tapped by your blue belt friend. It IS NOT the same as competing with everything on the line and sharply preparing for a match and taking it extremely seriously.

Jones tried to move to side control and Cella swept him

i think Jones was messing around and Cella just kind of surprised him

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and I was telling him that What happened was 100 % staged. See, When jones took cella down, you can clearly see that he held cella's legs preventing cella from closing the guard (which is exactly what one should do if his neck is caught). Then I was telling him that The next move would be switching to side guard to the opposite side (of which your opponent is holding your head). But instead, jones just let go of cella's legs and let cella close the guard.
I don't know if cella was part of the prank (i believe he was) but if he really believes he submitted jones then he's... not the brightest kid in the block

Does it matter? They were just having a bit of fun in training. Like when CB Dollaway Peruvian Necktied Rampage, when they were having a bit of fun on TUF.

Apparently Jon Jones is infallible and never makes mistakes. Ever.

Ahoy gents! I was chattin' wit me buddy some time back, I was tellin' him that the battle between Captain Jones and his first mate Cella was but a wash. See, When Jones took cella to the deck, you can see that he held cella's legs keepin' cella from hoisting his flag. (which is exactly what ye should do if yer neck is in a bind). Then I was tellin' him that his next move would be dropping his anchor port side (of which yer opponent be holding yer head). But instead, jones just let go of cella's legs and let cella mop the deck with his face. I don't know if cella was part of these shennanigans (to me, he was) but if he really believes he submitted jones then he's a landlubber floating on a barrel in an open sea, if ye catch me drift.

Ahoy gents! I was chattin' wit me buddy some time back, I was tellin' him that the battle between Captain Jones and his first mate Cella was but a wash. See, When Jones took cella to the deck, you can see that he held cella's legs keepin' cella from hoisting his flag. (which is exactly what ye should do if yer neck is in a bind). Then I was tellin' him that his next move would be dropping his anchor port side (of which yer opponent be holding yer head). But instead, jones just let go of cella's legs and let cella mop the deck with his face. I don't know if cella was part of these shennanigans (to me, he was) but if he really believes he submitted jones then he's a landlubber floating on a barrel in an open sea, if ye catch me drift.

Fuckin 5 star post LOL

Answer one question.
What;s the point of staging that? Why would they? Makes no sense.

"Hey Adam want to make me look bad on national television? I'll let you submit me!"

Back