If you want a good cardio exercise try rowing machines

I've got a kettler coach which ive had for 13 years now. Was $900 or so when i bought it. Still going strong.

When i was training for MX and desert race races id do 2 - 40 minute sessions at 10, (at peak fitness)

Never had issues with spasms or anything, just warm into it.

The kettlers are nice for low resistence squats and the like as well.

coach_detail.jpg

kettler-coach-m-rower_618x800.jpg
Fucker I dont think I can do all that on mien

Fucker I dont think I can do all that on mien
I was looking at yours. $208 certainly is less expensive that a new model kettler.

Maybe the only advantage the kettler has is being able to pull the rope 160 degrees.

Would sawing a slot in the top of yours increase the angle of pull, or just ruin it?

The battery still works on the display of mine. "Square head quality" straight from germany.

I stuck motocross handle bars on mine to mimic the arm positions.

Concept 2 crew checking in.

Got mine for $1k secondhand from a rowing club. Girl that was selling it had bigger traps than me so I was like I want that fucking thing.

Only issue is that it's more time spent sitting down, my lower back does not appreciate.

Just don't. Trust me. I have been there. Nothing compares to lose weight and putting on muscle faster than rowing. Row for an hour like 5 days a week and the correct resistance and you'll see results fast. It is like a perfect mix between cardio and resistance.

Just an interesting note, the highest average VO2 recorded test come from rowers. Rowing is the most cardiovascular intensive activity and it doesn't beat up your joints. There are a lot of female cyclist that came over from olympic rowing. They all are strong and great time trialist right off the bat. Former Tour de France winner and track star, Bradley Wiggins, has gotten into rowing and he has been putting up respectable times on concept 2 rowers.

I just did a 10k row with 7 resistance instead of 10. I did it in 45:20 and it says I burned 591 calories. Got a similar body high and pump to doing it on 10. Thanks for the advice

put on some arm/leg weights. do shadow kickboxing/muay thai for 20min to an hour depending on your fitness level. you will sweat like a pig and build muscles u never knew you had.

It’s good because you can go hard while causing minimal joint wear and tear. Make sure you learn proper technique, i’m talking body position and sequence (from the “catch” or front push the legs down, swing the body back pivoting from the hips and then bend the arms all the way into the body, then to reset soon as the handle touches your body push the arms away until your arms are straight and elbows are locked then rock forward pivoting from the hips again then when you can’t rock forward without rounding your back lift the knees up and head forward compressing to the catch).

I was looking at yours. $208 certainly is less expensive that a new model kettler.

Maybe the only advantage the kettler has is being able to pull the rope 160 degrees.

Would sawing a slot in the top of yours increase the angle of pull, or just ruin it?

The battery still works on the display of mine. "Square head quality" straight from germany.

I stuck motocross handle bars on mine to mimic the arm positions.
Ive got high and low pulleys on my gym so I just use them. I only do regular rows on my rowing machine.

Air Boss would never have cleared it.
yeah, being a Sherdogger, you'd probably have put too much pressure on the air frame and the plane and the pilot would have been crushed from too fast acceleration.

Seriously though, I'd have thought those areas would have been restricted for something like a rower out of safety concerns. That's one good thing about the army, we had plenty of room to run around, you really have to be serious about your fitness to make it work on a ship like that.

So I just used my old Concept 2 rower yesterday im surprised after 9 years or so the digital screen still works like new, I put it on level 4 on the resistance, I started doing it slow and moderate pace and after 2 and half minutes I started getting tired, and out or breath a bit, man I had to take a minute break, I didn't stop I forced myself to do sets of interval so I do 5 of them at 2 minutes each since this was my first time

I could barely do 3 and was gassed, that was probably less than 10 minutes total I did it in the evening yesterday

man you were not kidding when you said that rowing is the best cardio I could barely do 8 to 10 minutes on it and was already tired, I normally just walking on an incline on the treadmill every other day for 45 minutes to break a sweat but there is no resistance, I hated sprinting on a treadmill because you constantly have to switch the speed to stop or slow down and last time I did sprints I fell hard while gassed trying to lower the speed.

my muscles are not sore though since I wasn't going fast like crazy just moderate pace, but my ass is sore from sitting on the seat, I'm gonna try to buy a cushion that is the downside is the seat is hard and will make your ass sore.

I'm gonna use the rower again tomorrow.

I actually am a personal trainer and have my own gym. Ill help ya what do you want to know?

I always dig cardio threads.

Learn something new everytime and hopefully pick up a new routine.

Been using a Cybex Arc Trainer for most of my cardio needs lately, but been meaning to switch it up.

Aside from good cardio, can you get a fairly jacked back on a rower?

I'm actually considering getting a rowing machine now.

We have a nice little home gym setup in our basement, and all we're missing is some cardio shit.

I'm actually considering getting a rowing machine now.

We have a nice little home gym setup in our basement, and all we're missing is some cardio shit.
Man its worth it, just did it yesterday for the first time in 9 years, and it really pushes you, I was barely able to do like few minutes before I needed to catch a breather and I wasn't even doing it fast like those guys on video, I just followed what the Olympic rowers suggest that rowing is a moderate pace and using perfect technique and a flow is more beneficial than excreting too much energy forcing the pull, and man its awesome, I went at a moderate pace with perfect form and I got gassed

But I haven't done cardio in ages, so Ill slowly build up and do more each day.

only thing is get a pad for your seat those rowers like Concept2 even though they cost 900 bucks the seat cushion is really hard.

Ive got a stationary and recumbent in my gym plus a road bike I but I get alot better workout on this rowing machine. Its a great way to build up your back muscles too look at Jason Stathams rear delts in the Transporter.
You can get a decent one for 300 and concept 2 rowers go into the thousands. When you are done you can fold it up and stick it in a corner.
get a versaclimber. Way more effective than a c2 rower

Ive got stairs and weights if I wanna climb something. I checked on the climbers too they are good cardio exercises I just thought Id get bored on one. I alternate between my rower and doing lat pulldowns while cycling on my recumbent now. Low weight lat pulldowns for 20 minutes rips my back up.

I always dig cardio threads.

Learn something new everytime and hopefully pick up a new routine.

Been using a Cybex Arc Trainer for most of my cardio needs lately, but been meaning to switch it up.

Aside from good cardio, can you get a fairly jacked back on a rower?
Yep thats why I got one. Ive got plenty of ways to do cardio already but wanted more definition in my back. You can do seated rows and rear delt rows on one.

Hill Sprints>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rowing Machines

<{cum@me}>

Hill Sprints>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rowing Machines

<{cum@me}>
You cant fold up a hill and stick it in the closet when you are done tho and sprints do nothing for back development. I use to do 20 miles a day on a road bike but it didnt build anything.
I think Id rather walk up and down my stairs with weights than run up a hill.

If I ever get enough money im gonna get one of those too, they look fun and quick cardio

I hate long cardio I read a study that you can burn fat and improve your stamina under 25 minutes using rowing machines and versaclimbers, compared to jogging.

Back