If you thought the travelling Irish soccer fans were special than wait for Ponzi's Argentinian fans

lol no one is flying out to see Ponzi fight.

I Am long time soccer fan and believe me. I know alot of about that culture and it's all about atmosphere and no one can create atmosphere like the argentinians just wait to see it for yourself when Santiago Ponzinibbio beats Woodley and becomes the WW champion.

Las Vegas will turn completely into madness when they arrive for title fights like you have never seen before.

I remember in Brazil and Russia World cups they were something special to witness. The singing and atmosphere they brought was absolutely ridiculous.

Credit to the Irish fans tho and they knew how to create great atmosphere. They brought a different culture to MMA that is unknown because they are normally soccer fans who followed Conor.. normally both Ireland and Argentina are not MMA countries but soccer/football nations

This ain’t soccer. Not happening.

I'm just dying laughing you think he would beat woodley..

Ponzinibbio will finish Woodley it won't even go to the judges. His workrate is crazy and will pressure Woodley just hunting him around the octagon. I don't see Woodley making out without being stopped. Woodley won't be able to wrestle him so this will be forced as stand-up fight.

I see Ponzi beat Woodley 9 out of 10 times

Will they turn on him like messi when he fails numerous times to win a world cup?

Ponzi is actully growing in Argentina and once he claims that title they are bound to follow him. I know this things and they are very nationalistic
some countrymen stick together more than others.

for example, usman and adesanya could be champ and nigerians still wouldnt travel in mass like the irish.

yair rodriguez could be champ and mexicans wouldn't travel in mass

same with volkan oezdemir in switzlerland,

alistair overeem in holland,

francis ngannou with cameroon,

korean zombie with korea, etc

what makes you think ponzi with argentina would be any different?

All these countries are different from Argentina while Ireland is similar with them as far as behaviour goes when it comes to supporting their athletes. I would say Spain, Ireland, Argentina, Italy and Scotland are similar somehow

Ponzinibbio will finish Woodley it won't even go to the judges. His workrate is crazy and will pressure Woodley just hunting him around the octagon. I don't see Woodley making out without being stopped. Woodley won't be able to wrestle him so this will be forced as stand-up fight.

I see Ponzi beat Woodley 9 out of 10 times
<{cruzshake}>

I tune in to watch fights, not to count how many flag-waving casuals decide to show up.

for example, usman and adesanya could be champ and nigerians still wouldnt travel in mass like the irish.

yair rodriguez could be champ and mexicans wouldn't travel in mass

same with volkan oezdemir in switzlerland,

alistair overeem in holland,

francis ngannou with cameroon,

korean zombie with korea, etc

People don't give a single f*** about MMA in Switzerland... Volkan is a nobody.

All these countries are different from Argentina while Ireland is similar with them as far as behaviour goes when it comes to supporting their athletes. I would say Spain, Ireland, Argentina, Italy and Scotland are similar somehow
Catholic MMA fans are best MMA fans.

South american here and while argentinian soccer fans are extremely wild, Argentina is a very niche market for mma despite being the second best country here that does and support mma after Brazil. that being said, any event in Argentina will look like a soccer match but if Ponzi fights outside, the support is not that great. Mcg has a lot of support on USA because A LOT of people are irish descendants and that's like home turf for Mcg, which makes it easy to sell the fight.

People don't give a single f*** about MMA in Switzerland... Volkan is a nobody.

Same here in Colombia with 2 colombian fighters that were in the ufc but got cut after 2 fights; NOBODY here knows those guys since colombian audience doesn't give a single flying fuck about mma.

South american here and while argentinian soccer fans are extremely wild, Argentina is a very niche market for mma despite being the second best country here that does and support mma after Brazil. that being said, any event in Argentina will look like a soccer match but if Ponzi fights outside, the support is not that great. Mcg has a lot of support on USA because A LOT of people are irish descendants and that's like home turf for Mcg, which makes it easy to sell the fight.

there's a reason they're called the fighting irish. it's in their blood.

Conors national popularity works because he is from a small country. With small countries sports fans are fairweather fans. Wherever "our" guy is winning on some world level that is the watched sport. It can be rally one day, javelin throw the next and sumo after that. Add to it every other whiteguy harping on about being irish 2-3 generations back.

<Dany07> they only have maybe the best futbol player ever in Messi from then an a long history in the sport.

Fuck knows what futbol is? (is that the one with small ball?)

But Maradonna is better than Messi.

Ponzi is actully growing in Argentina and once he claims that title they are bound to follow him. I know this things and they are very nationalistic

He lives in Florida and Argentina always has world-beater athletes they can root for.

Aside from some of the best soccer players in the world they also had top-level boxers before.

Argentina isn't a tiny island like Ireland.

And of course Conor is special.

Ponzi doesn't have 1/10000000000th of his charisma or in-cage excitement.

Last edited:
Back