If you think gane did enough in the 5th against ngannou…

22 out of 23 MMA media scored it for Francis. It was not considered a controversial decision on Sherdog either. GTFO with this revisionist BS. If you wanna talk about controversial decisions, 14 out of 21 MMA media scored it for Reyes over Jones.

Got it. So all the judges, 96% of the media, and the vast majority of fans are wrong because none of us understand the scoring criteria. Sounds legit.

Gane absolutely WAS tailor made for Jones. He got wrestlef*cked by a non-wrester (Francis) on a blown-out knee. Of course Jones was going to maul him on the ground. "Could" Gane beat Blaydes or Aspinall? Sure. A lot of things "could" happen. But the most likely outcome of those fights is Gane getting mauled on the ground.
no no, It's that a precedent has been set over the years and people come to expect these decisions so when people see them they are not surprised or rather they come to expect it. but we know that scoring has changed to combat this, the position should be considered neutral as no combat has been done, no attempted submissions, no punches, knees or significant strikes.

What the fuck year is it??
2021 Gane is the most skilled HW of all time better then Fedor, sure his best win is Derrick Lewis but he’s a nightmare matchup for Francis and Jones oops I mean it’s 2022 Gane is the future he totally beat one legged Francis who just wrestle fucked him and he’s totally gonna learn takedown defence in 3 month

22 out of 23 MMA media scored it for Francis. It was not considered a controversial decision on Sherdog either. GTFO with this revisionist BS. If you wanna talk about controversial decisions, 14 out of 21 MMA media scored it for Reyes over Jones.
I know, I thought jones lost to santos as well as reyes. But I thought gane had more impact in the 5th round against ngannou. Ngannou didn’t accomplish anything. No transition to mount, no submission attempts, no ground and pound. He didn’t do anything

<EdgyBrah>

Why did he openly duck both saying they're bad matchups for him?

I suppose everybody at HW has a punchers chance tho
Ganes striking and counter game is far more advanced than anyone blaydes has been able to beat thus far. That's the only reason. Aspinall is well rounded, but is he mature enough to stick strickly to grappling? because I do believe he'd lose the stand up to gane.

which is why i quesiton it. I'd say it's 45-55 match up with blaydes and a 60-40 with aspinall.

Yes, yous are all wrong, becuase control time isn’t even in the scoring criteria. Also
View attachment 1044598
“Vast majority” meaning 60%. If almost 40% of fans are giving the fight to the official loser then it means the fight was close
I would argue that the 22/23 media outlets and judges say more than a fan poll. Most fans are effing casuals...And nobody is saying it wasn't a close fight, only that it was a clear Francis victory, close or not.

What did ngannou do that according to the judging criteria would give him that round?
If you want to look at the stats of the 5th round 13 of 24 for Francis with 2:44 of control time. Cyril landed 7 of 12 with 39 seconds of control. 2 sub attempts for Cyril as well. Without watching the fight again lame sub attempts or something close to getting a tap? If not close a sub attempt doesn't mean much.

What did Cyril do to win it? Throw less strikes? Land less strikes? Get controlled for almost half the round? 13 > 7. 2:44 > 0:39.

Was it a close fight? sure. It was clear 1 & 2 for Gane & 3, 4, 5 for Ngannou. Close doesn't mean robbery and Gane lost. Jon isn't the "Lineal" champion and Francis left the UFC so that lineage will die as far as the UFC title is concerned.

Jon's HW lineage is not established IMO. Winning a Vacant title when 2 guys are picked out of a hat doesn't make them the best. When Jon lost the LHW title they had 2 clear top LHWs fight for it and DC won. Beating Anthony Johnson gave him the belt but beating Gus and then AJ again made him the best in the division (Jon was not eligible to compete due to cheating/PEDs) Jon came back and won but was then DQ'd from competition for again Cheating. DC defended again against Volkan.

If Jon wants to be considered the Best HW and truly the "Champion" he needs to defend it against Stipe and then Aspinall or Blaydes. I suspect he just wants to get paid and will not fight either one. Doesn't matter as he will never be the "Lineal" champion unless Francis or Jon switch promotions and that isn't remotely possible.

I would argue that the 22/23 media outlets and judges say more than a fan poll. Most fans are effing casuals...And nobody is saying it wasn't a close fight, only that it was a clear Francis victory, close or not.
What did ngannou do in the 5th round? Where was his ground and pound? Submission attempts? Dominant grappling positions? Half guard is basically a 50-50 position. And if it was a dominant position, would it outweigh games striking advantage, takedown and submission attempt?

If you want to look at the stats of the 5th round 13 of 24 for Francis with 2:44 of control time. Cyril landed 7 of 12 with 39 seconds of control. 2 sub attempts for Cyril as well. Without watching the fight again lame sub attempts or something close to getting a tap? If not close a sub attempt doesn't mean much.

What did Cyril do to win it? Throw less strikes? Land less strikes? Get controlled for almost half the round? 13 > 7. 2:44 > 0:39.

Was it a close fight? sure. It was clear 1 & 2 for Gane & 3, 4, 5 for Ngannou. Close doesn't mean robbery and Gane lost. Jon isn't the "Lineal" champion and Francis left the UFC so that lineage will die as far as the UFC title is concerned.

Jon's HW lineage is not established IMO. Winning a Vacant title when 2 guys are picked out of a hat doesn't make them the best. When Jon lost the LHW title they had 2 clear top LHWs fight for it and DC won. Beating Anthony Johnson gave him the belt but beating Gus and then AJ again made him the best in the division (Jon was not eligible to compete due to cheating/PEDs) Jon came back and won but was then DQ'd from competition for again Cheating. DC defended again against Volkan.

If Jon wants to be considered the Best HW and truly the "Champion" he needs to defend it against Stipe and then Aspinall or Blaydes. I suspect he just wants to get paid and will not fight either one. Doesn't matter as he will never be the "Lineal" champion unless Francis or Jon switch promotions and that isn't remotely possible.
Ngannous love taps on the ground are worth less than what gane landed on the feet. Plus gane landed a takedown, and had the submission attempts

Control time does not score for anything. It’s nowhere in the criteria, so using it is wrong. Subjectively, I’m glad it isn’t becuase holding someone in a position and doing nothing shouldn’t earn you points. And objectively, that’s what the rule is

What did ngannou do in the 5th round? Where was his ground and pound? Submission attempts? Dominant grappling positions? Half guard is basically a 50-50 position. And if it was a dominant position, would it outweigh games striking advantage, takedown and submission attempt?
I'm not saying it was impressive or satisfying to watch, but you can't just write off the opinions of the judges and media because 40% of casuals thought Gane won. In a true robbery, one would expect to see the MMA media disagree with the judges. I thought Ngannou won by boring lay n pray, unfortunately.

I'm not saying it was impressive or satisfying to watch, but you can't just write off the opinions of the judges and media because 40% of casuals thought Gane won. In a true robbery, one would expect to see the MMA media disagree with the judges. I thought Ngannou won by boring lay n pray, unfortunately.
Judges are constantly getting it wrong and the media routinely shows it has no idea what it’s watching. Even in robberies where the media mostly disagrees with the official decision, there is always multiple people watching who score it for the guy who got a gift decision, 7 of 21 media gave reyes jones to jones. Majority of media members gave max volk 2 to max. You don’t look at that and think that maybe the media can’t be trusted? Mo Usman was getting rocked and wobbled in two rounds by Justin tafa and they gave him a gift decision, but almost every media member gave him the fight becuase he sat on tafa

Judges are constantly getting it wrong and the media routinely shows it has no idea what it’s watching. Even in robberies where the media mostly disagrees with the official decision, there is always multiple people watching who score it for the guy who got a gift decision, 7 of 21 media gave reyes jones to jones. Majority of media members gave max volk 2 to max. You don’t look at that and think that maybe the media can’t be trusted? Mo Usman was getting rocked and wobbled in two rounds by Justin tafa and they gave him a gift decision, but almost every media member gave him the fight becuase he sat on tafa
Judges and media do get it wrong from time to time, but to suggest the MMA media and judges are less knowledgable than the casuals voting on an online poll is somewhat delusional. Unless that judge is Mike Bell.

1000003713.png

Also keep in mind that the majority here, where more knowledgeable fans gather in between the 10s they bang, completely disagree with you. Not liking somebody's style does not = them losing the fight.

True story..

I literally went through my ignored list this afternoon. I only kept 2 people on it. But 3 people might be the way to go..

I unignored you. Suddenly, I see your shit thread on page 1.

1716347076909.gif

Judges and media do get it wrong from time to time, but to suggest the MMA media and judges are less knowledgable than the casuals voting on an online poll is somewhat delusional. Unless that judge is Mike Bell.

View attachment 1044611

Also keep in mind that the majority here, where more knowledgeable fans gather in between the 10s they bang, completely disagree with you. Not liking somebody's style does not = them losing the fight.
If by knowledgeable fan you mean guys who think control time is worth pretty much anything, then I don’t trust these “knowledgeable fans”

True story..

I literally went through my ignored list this afternoon. I only kept 2 people on it. But 3 people might be the way to go..

I unignored you. Suddenly, I see your shit thread on page 1.

View attachment 1044614
Great, contribute to the thread or mind your business. Keep me ignored too, you seem like you take this website super seriously, wouldn’t want to interact with the type of person who does that lol

Ngannous love taps on the ground are worth less than what gane landed on the feet. Plus gane landed a takedown, and had the submission attempts

Control time does not score for anything. It’s nowhere in the criteria, so using it is wrong. Subjectively, I’m glad it isn’t becuase holding someone in a position and doing nothing shouldn’t earn you points. And objectively, that’s what the rule is
Take all the grappling out. 13>7 landed

You are choosing what you want to see and ignoring what you don't want to see. You dismiss control but then give credit to Gane for TDs. TDs that do not result in CONTROL are literally dismissed in the UNIFIED RULES.
Per unified rules

” It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown. Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position. This criterion will be the deciding factor in a high majority of decisions when scoring a round. The next two criteria must be treated as a backup and used ONLY when Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal for the round."
Gane never established any control and did not establish an attack. He was in fact reversed. Control is part of GRAPPLING and since the striking was 100% in Ngannou's favour and GRAPPLING was 100% in Ngannou's favour you are out of your depth if you are Honestly arguing Gane won the 5th. Claiming Gane's 7 whole strikes landed were IMPACTUL and Ngannou's 13 strikes were pitty pat punches is as lame as Gane's TDD.

Gane lost and it was pretty unanimous. Just so you know water is wet, Diamonds are hard, Jon is a cheater. All facts you might just want to accept.

Why did gane lose the fight? What in the scoring criteria did ngannou do to win that round?
He got 2min of top control, in a round where little happened on the feet. Sub attempts should not score since they did produce a negative result.

If you want to rewrite scorecards, fine. There is a better case for Ngannou winning round 1 (and 1 judge gave it to him, as well as several media scorers).

Take all the grappling out. 13>7 landed

You are choosing what you want to see and ignoring what you don't want to see. You dismiss control but then give credit to Gane for TDs. TDs that do not result in CONTROL are literally dismissed in the UNIFIED RULES.
Per unified rules

” It shall be noted that a successful takedown is not merely a changing of position, but the establishment of an attack from the use of the takedown. Top and bottom position fighters are assessed more on the impactful/effective result of their actions, more so than their position. This criterion will be the deciding factor in a high majority of decisions when scoring a round. The next two criteria must be treated as a backup and used ONLY when Effective Striking/Grappling is 100% equal for the round."
Gane never established any control and did not establish an attack. He was in fact reversed. Control is part of GRAPPLING and since the striking was 100% in Ngannou's favour and GRAPPLING was 100% in Ngannou's favour you are out of your depth if you are Honestly arguing Gane won the 5th. Claiming Gane's 7 whole strikes landed were IMPACTUL and Ngannou's 13 strikes were pitty pat punches is as lame as Gane's TDD.

Gane lost and it was pretty unanimous. Just so you know water is wet, Diamonds are hard, Jon is a cheater. All facts you might just want to accept.

Back