If you gave Gadelha round 3 please come in here...

JohnnyCanuck

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...and promise Sherdog you'll never apply to be an MMA judge in any city, state (province?), or country. Ever. Save us all the trouble and hardship.

Thanks.

But ... TDs!!!

I thought Gadelha won the first fight and really wanted to find a way to justify scoring this one for her but there's just no way to do it. She came close but it wasn't enough.

they'd do better than the judge that gave Claudia a 45. absolutely no 10-8s in that fight.

I don't think it's crazy to give her round 3. I didn't, and I'm fairly confident in it, but I don't think it's crazy

I don't think it's crazy to give her round 3. I didn't, and I'm fairly confident in it, but I don't think it's crazy

Outstuck by 60 strikes and was taken down once with no damage inflicted.

The thing about crazy people is they don't know they're crazy.

they'd do better than the judge that gave Claudia a 45. absolutely no 10-8s in that fight.

Did you see round 4. Claudia was a fucking standing punching bag. Wasn't the striking that round like 50-3?

Did you see round 4. Claudia was a fucking standing punching bag. Wasn't the striking that round like 50-3?
and that doesn't matter. Claudia did nothing and Joanna still couldn't even hurt her. that is not a 10-8.

a 10-8 is when you almost finish someone. Claudia was never even rocked once. those were clear 10-9 rounds, albeit lopsided.

and that doesn't matter. Claudia did nothing and Joanna still couldn't even hurt her. that is not a 10-8.

a 10-8 is when you almost finish someone. Claudia was never even rocked once. those were clear 10-9 rounds, albeit lopsided.

That's not necessarily what a 10-8 is at all.

This isn't boxing, and you don't get deducted a point for a knockdown. 10-8 rounds are for dominating performances. Whether or not a fighter was nearly finished is irrelevant; otherwise you might as well count submission attempts too when determining 10-8 rounds.

I get what you are trying to say, but you are missing the point. Claudia was basically a zombie in that round just eating shot after shot and not even really defending herself. Lucky the fight wasn't stopped there.

It was 75-3. But no its not 10-8! Round 3 was 10-9 for Claudia as 2 meanless takedowns are worth more then 50+ strikes. Lol at these people. Sherdog should ban people for stuff like that.

tatum-brutalizes-homer-o.gif

This was basically round 4 and people still think it wasn't 10-8 lmao.

This isn't boxing, and you don't get deducted a point for a knockdown. 10-8 rounds are for dominating performances. Whether or not a fighter was nearly finished is irrelevant; otherwise you might as well count submission attempts too when determining 10-8 rounds.
there is an ongoing debate over this but the general consensus here in the past (in threads like these) has been that you need to 1) have an extremely dominant round and 2) be on the verge of finishing to get a 10-8, i.e. the opponent can barely get back to their stool. a lot of the 'significant' strikes Joanna was landing in the later rounds weren't really doing much, there was a lot of point fighting going on there.

for example, shogun had hendo mounted multiple times in their first fight in the 5th and spent most of the round there, and hendo could barely move - and yet at least half the people I heard discussing the fight were not giving him a 10-8 because of how ineffective he was at doing any real damage.

like I said it's open to interpretation, but for me a 10-8 is reserved for couture / rizzo, maynard / edgar, rounds where the opponent is getting knocked all over the place and falling down multiple times or hellacious GnP where there is a debate over whether the ref should have already stopped it.

Back