If you could start your own fed...

sleepwalk

pork roll, egg and cheese belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hypothetically, let's say someone dropped Brewster's Millions on you with the caveat that you had to start a wrestling promotion. How would you do it? What name would you give it? Would you have women's title? Cruiserweights? RoH-style "Pure" title? Hardcore? Who would you hire as talent? Writers? Bookers/Consultants?

Figure you can steal away one main-eventer from Vince (except for likely Hall-of-Famers Cena, Trips, Taker and RKO,) a mid-card guy, a tag team (besides New Day) and a couple of jabronis.
Note: This includes NXT and no NXT talent counts as "main event." Bear in mind that, for all talents, all copyrights would be in effect.

Anyone not under WWE contract is fair game. Would Ryan Reeves or CM Punk be worth the egos? Could you make Aaron Stevens shine? Would Brother Nero come?

Just a fun little daydreaming game I thought that I'd put out there.

Last edited:
Hmmm, interesting question.

I dunno about how I would name it, but a couple things springs to mind immediately are: Would use nice vibrant colours for the ring and sets, no black or grey trying to look 'edgy' and, would hire film school grads for the production team, so it is filmed in a good way and, hopefully an interesting way.

TV wise, would have a weekly, hour long show, because it wouldn't be a massive roster, emphasis on making sure everyone has a reason to be wrestling, even if it is just the commentators stressing that, by winning this match, you earn more money and, move that bit closer to a title shot.

Finisher spamming would not be allowed, no indy-riffic bullshit. Protected moves, talent are instead encouraged to find ways of dodging the finisher to build drama, rather than kick-out of multiple ones.

The piledriver would be kayfabe banned and, allowed use only in storyline if there is a blood feud/injury angle.

Managers would be aplenty, to help those not so good at promos get over and, no-one would be scripted, promo wise. Bullet points at most.

Jeremy Borash would be one of my first hires.

Wrestler wise, Matanza would be the Vader/Brock like heel. Wouldn't always be in the title picture, but he would be prime in helping any white hot, underdog babyface get over.

The Revival would be the tag team stalwarts.

Honestly, would probably steal Miz, too.

Bayley would be the top female babyface, feuding with Awesome Kong as the monster heel, with a lot of the TNA women as the rest of the division.

Huh, I guess I had more in mind than I thought, lol.

If I got millions of Dollars why can I not sign anyone I want.

Id be trying to have Ryback the briscoes and Dbry. Id be like my drs will clear ya man come on.

Then id throw in some ziggler and some barrett and some cody.

would aim for a 90s blended style and try to add attitude whenever possible

I would focus on story, everyone on the roster has a purpose , feuds end at some point and meaningful blow off matches

Hmmm, interesting question.

I dunno about how I would name it, but a couple things springs to mind immediately are: Would use nice vibrant colours for the ring and sets, no black or grey trying to look 'edgy' and, would hire film school grads for the production team, so it is filmed in a good way and, hopefully an interesting way.

TV wise, would have a weekly, hour long show, because it wouldn't be a massive roster, emphasis on making sure everyone has a reason to be wrestling, even if it is just the commentators stressing that, by winning this match, you earn more money and, move that bit closer to a title shot.

Finisher spamming would not be allowed, no indy-riffic bullshit. Protected moves, talent are instead encouraged to find ways of dodging the finisher to build drama, rather than kick-out of multiple ones.

The piledriver would be kayfabe banned and, allowed use only in storyline if there is a blood feud/injury angle.

Managers would be aplenty, to help those not so good at promos get over and, no-one would be scripted, promo wise. Bullet points at most.

Jeremy Borash would be one of my first hires.

Wrestler wise, Matanza would be the Vader/Brock like heel. Wouldn't always be in the title picture, but he would be prime in helping any white hot, underdog babyface get over.

The Revival would be the tag team stalwarts.

Honestly, would probably steal Miz, too.

Bayley would be the top female babyface, feuding with Awesome Kong as the monster heel, with a lot of the TNA women as the rest of the division.

Huh, I guess I had more in mind than I thought, lol.

If I got millions of Dollars why can I not sign anyone I want.

Id be trying to have Ryback the briscoes and Dbry. Id be like my drs will clear ya man come on.

Then id throw in some ziggler and some barrett and some cody.

would aim for a 90s blended style and try to add attitude whenever possible

I would focus on story, everyone on the roster has a purpose , feuds end at some point and meaningful blow off matches

Great responses.
@Gutter Chris , just for added realism. Trips ain't leaving without the divorce from hell. Cena signed over his birth name to Vince, etc. Some guys ain't leaving.

Great responses.
@Gutter Chris , just for added realism. Trips ain't leaving without the divorce from hell. Cena signed over his birth name to Vince, etc. Some guys ain't leaving.

Trips nah.

Cena might be doable

Just about anything is possible with the right amount of money

Member Hogan and the monday night wars ?

Just about anything is possible with the right amount of money

Member Hogan and the monday night wars ?

Remember when there was more than one place to become a millionaire as a pro wrestler? If you think you can explain how to get a Randy Orton or John Cena, go ahead. Just saw that NJPW is back to multi-year contracts and wonder if I could get Rainmaker Okada.

superkicks

lots of superkicks

As much as I'd like the name recognition of the Young Bucks or The Briscoe, Bucks are spammers and Briscoes are spot monkeys... and both are no-sellers. Great athletes. I've paid to see them both. Not what I think would be needed here.

Man eventer: AJ Styles
Midcarder: Bray Wyatt
Tag team: Sheamus and Cesaro(though I'd book them as singles stars)
Non-WWE talent: Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Ryback
Heel GM: Scott Hall or JBL

Remember when there was more than one place to become a millionaire as a pro wrestler? If you think you can explain how to get a Randy Orton or John Cena, go ahead. Just saw that NJPW is back to multi-year contracts and wonder if I could get Rainmaker Okada.

Probably would have to use a multi step plan to snag a super name though I wouldnt send the money on orton at all its a bad investment. Any way I was planning on having a big start and my fed catching on like wild fire to get a nice bankroll going then signing a major talent if I need to assuming I am going to run the second fed where guys can go to get rich.

Come on man

Im not tryin to run Chikara or some shit here Im tryin to hit the big time

I had a pal in college who was hired as a production assistant by WWE right out of college and has worked in production and/or Spanish commentary for WWE, TNA, AAA and RoH. I'm calling him up immediately. Raven and Nigel McGuiness would be an asset creatively and on-air as commisioner/GM/managers/etc. Jeremy Borash and/or Joey Styles is a must along with the aforementioned Raven or Austin Aires. Becky Bayless for interviews.

I'd try to entice talent by allowing them use of their own names (or original ring names) and assure them some level of control over their persona. This is the biggest beef most seem to have with the current "creative process."

Start touring. Hit the UK and Germany. Hit the conventions with meet and greet with talent and legends. Build a buzz with social media and put together highlight packages for youtube and daily motion. Use copyrighted music in "fan-made" packages. Many artists and labels are much more amenable(and cheaper) when their music is covered by another band. Lots of dramatic music in the public domain (anthems and such.)

Targeted Talents:
Becky Lynch
Cesaro (possibly w/ Sara Del Ray)
The Revival
Jack Swagger
AJ Styles
Jack Gallagher
Tony Nese
Apollo Crewes
Curtis Axel
Kazuchika Okada (NJPW)

Top Free Agents:
Ryback Reeves
Alberto El Patreon (w/Saraya Knight)
Cody Rhodes (w/Brandi)
Moose (w/ Veda Scott)
Leva "Blue Pants" Bates
Aaron Stevens
The Hardys (possibly as creative staff)
Colt Cabana

Use talent from Shine for women's division along with soon-to-be out of work TNA Knockouts. Cruiserweights are out there and a dime a dozen.

Once TV syndication is worked out (Hulu is a possibility,) announce a tournament for the inaugural HW championship. Every match matters. Bring in a few per diems (Mark Jindrak, Lance Storm, Go Shiozaki.) Throw in some surprises (Swagger and El Patreon renew their rivalry in a double count out. Their spot goes to alternate Samoa Joe!) A big upset, a blatant cheat/double cross and a Cinderella run will give you all the angles you need to get started.

Last edited:
These are always fun. Not sure what I'd call it. I'd pirate AJ as main eventer, Miz as my midcarder, The Revival as my tag team, and Asuka as my diva from the ranks of the E. If possible I'd take Gallagher, Swagger, Bayley, Gullak, Swann and American Alpha as well. I'd throw Goldberg and Lesnar money at Okada and Ibushi. Other guys from NJPW I'd try really hard to get would be Naito, Goto, Kushida, Makabe, Ishii, and Shibata. Elgin would be another guy I would try to get. Christopher Daniels would be a guy I'd go after...so would Low Ki.

I would do a hard split between divisions. No Kalisto v Corbin type feuds just to prove that bigger is better. HW, CW, TT, and Women's would all be treated as equally important. The focus of everyone in all divisions would be to make it to the pay window and become champion. Feuds and storylines would evolve because of this...but everyone's goal should be to make it to the top, even if they never will.

Finishers are protected. Piledrivers, screwdrivers and burning hammers are banned and used for storyline purposes. No finishers that look softer than transitions moves, and no transition moves that look like they should kill someone. High spots must be treated like they matter, and if it takes too long to set up don't do it.

Managers as mouth pieces where needed.

As far as writers go...I'd try and get a blend of old school style guys who can update the basics without being over the top with scripting. Jim Ross maybe...maybe Steamboat as well? I'd look into hiring Barnett for creative and commentary also. Wonder if I could pry Edge away and put him in there?

Christopher Daniels would be a guy I'd go after...so would Low Ki.

Damn. Forgot Fallen Angel and Frankie Kazarian were still out there. Would make them an early foil for The Revival. Low Ki I don't think I would take. Too many bad stories from the back. First obvious incident and he gets a Bob Holly.

I would do a hard split between divisions. No Kalisto v Corbin type feuds just to prove that bigger is better. HW, CW, TT, and Women's would all be treated as equally important. The focus of everyone in all divisions would be to make it to the pay window and become champion. Feuds and storylines would evolve because of this...but everyone's goal should be to make it to the top, even if they never will.

Nice.

Finishers are protected. Piledrivers, screwdrivers and burning hammers are banned and used for storyline purposes. No finishers that look softer than transitions moves, and no transition moves that look like they should kill someone. High spots must be treated like they matter, and if it takes too long to set up don't do it.

Very nice.

not sure about the name, but ill limit myself to 1 WWE main event, 1 mid carder, 1 tag, 1 female, then 5 outside guys to build around

Main Event: AJ Styles
Mid carder: Bray Wyatt
Tag Team: The Revival
Female: Charlotte

5 Outside Talents:
Marty Scrull
Riccochet
Chris Hero as the bruiser type
Jay Lethal
Kurt Freaking Angle!

more old school type wrestling booking

I'd hire Jim Ross, Bruce Prichard, Patt Patterson for bookers
Lita for the womens booker

first main event feud would be AJ vs Hero...build both up over 6-9 month feud.

Kurt will be my brawk type draw

Marty vs Riccochet as a feud for a wihle

Bray vs Jay Lethal as a mid card belt feud..

then whatever for charlotte and the others ha

Damn. Forgot Fallen Angel and Frankie Kazarian were still out there. Would make them an early foil for The Revival. Low Ki I don't think I would take. Too many bad stories from the back. First obvious incident and he gets a Bob Holly.

Nice.

Vry nice.

Yeah...he's a gamble...but the guy can work the style I'd want to promote so I'd take the chance. If he gets out of line...well...that's another reason to have Josh Barnett on the payroll.

Forgot to put Kyle O'Rielly on my wish list of guys to sign.

I need to organize my thoughts and roster...I'll try and pretend I can't pirate everyone I want...even bring some folks out of retirement. This would probably be enough to get me started.

HW Division:

1. Okada
2. Michael Elgin
3. Big E
4. The Miz
5. Goto
6. Swagger
7. Ishii
8. Makabe
9. Carlito
10. No Way Jose
11. Wade Barrett
12. Jinder Mahal
13. Brutus Magnus

CW Division:

1. Ibushi
2. AJ
3. Naito
4. Shibata
5. Kyle O'Reilly
6. Kushida
7. Sabin
8. Low Ki
9. Daniels
10. Jimmy Yang
11. Rich Swann
12. Cien Almas

Tag Division:

1. The Revival
2. American Alpha
3. Geurrillas Of Destruction
4. The Shinning Stars
5. The Bashams
6. TM-61
7. Heavy Machinery

Women's Division:

1. Asuka
2. Bayley
3. Daria Beranato
4. Liv Morgan
5. Serena
6. Cheerleader Melissa
7. Brooke Tessmacher
8. Santana Garrett
9. Summer Rae

Non Wrestler Staff

Minoru Suzuki (cacc trainer)
James Mitchell (manager)
Jim Cornette (manager)
Dutch Mantell (manager, creative)
Lance Storm (pro rasslin trainer)
Jim Ross (creative, commentary)
Edge (creative, commentary)
Ted Dibiase (promo trainer, creative)
Josh Barnett (commentary, creative)
Yuji Nagata (shoot style trainer)
Ricky Steamboat (pro rasslin trainer, creative)
Molly Holly (womens trainer)
Chael Sonnen (manager, wrestling trainer)

Last edited:
Warriors Championship Wrestling (haha). Maybe Kingdom.

Well I'd take AJ, Cesaro, The Revival and no jabronis except maybe Bo Dallas and Ellsworth.

DRH has a nice list though I've only heard of half of them and he broke the rules about who you can get from WWE so instead of the illegals Id add Richochet, Jay Lethal, Kazarian, Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boyz, Abyss, Magnuson, Sandow, Chris Hero, Jake Storm, Bobby Lashley, Del Rio, Paige (haha), Cody R, MVP, the Tongans from NJP.

Women - none because I can't watch them apart from Asuka.

Put Lawler and Ross and Josh Barnett and Cornette and Edge and Taz and Maruello and Konnan on commentary in rotation.

Managers, fuck I know. Daniel Bryan? Chael Sonnen. Zayn from Wrestling with Wregret as a mini Cornette. Ric Flair. Hogan. MLS.

Trainers - Storm, Angle, Gunn, a Hart, Josh Barnett, Adrian Adonis, Golddust and somebody else from the Viper Pit

Creative - PWD team with year long angles.

Style - wrestling but not spot monkey shit or stupid shit (jumping from cages, suicide dives).

Hey...the rules on pirating the E were hard...I think I did a good job of sticking with the idea I couldn't get all their tops guys though. AJ was the only "top guy," I took...the rest were upper midcard at best, and floundering guys with no direction.

I do like the idea of Chael as a manager...I'm stealing it.

Last edited:
Managers, fuck I know. Daniel Bryan? Chael Sonnen. Zayn from Wrestling with Wregret as a mini Cornette. Ric Flair. Hogan. MLS.

Great choice! "Coach" Chael of Lashley, Daria Berenato, etc.

Trainers - Storm, Angle, Gunn, a Hart, Josh Barnett, Adrian Adonis, Golddust and somebody else from the Viper Pit

Um... How?

Back