If you could choose one MMA game to re-release/remaster, which would it be?

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If you could bring back an MMA game for a re-release on current gen, which would you want?

- Ultimate Fighting Championship (PS1) (2000)
- UFC: Tapout (Xbox) (2002)
- UFC: Throwdown (PS2) (2002)
- Pride FC: Fighting Championships (2003)
- UFC: Sudden Impact (PS2) (2004)
- K-1 PREMIUM 2005 Dynamite!! (PS2) (2005)
- UFC 2009 Undisputed (PS3, 360) (2009)
- UFC 2010 Undisputed (PS3, 360) (2010)
- EA MMA (PS3, 360) (2010)
- UFC Undisputed 3 (PS3, 360)

I would choose EA MMA. I loved the gameplay much more than the games on the UFC Undisputed series as I found it far more realistic. With guys like Fedor, Overeem, Werdum, Barnett, King Mo, Mousasi, Hendo, Rockhold, Jacare, Cung Le, Shields, Woodley, Diaz, Aoki, Melendez, and Alvarez on the roster, it aged well enough to be relevant today. The CAF allowed you to create guys like Brock Lesnar and Chuck Liddell easily (until Zuffa came with that cease and desist). The game died far sooner than it should have IMO.

My 2nd pick would be UFC Undisputed 3. I just hated the stat decay on career mode and how all the CAFs always looked very similar to each other.

The only one I really put any time into was the PrideFC game which me and my buddies loved playing.

It's actually possible to somewhat remaster PS2 games at least with the PCSX2 emulator. I've got games running beyond 4K widescreen 60FPS on it. Just recently got Fight Night 3 set up, along with all the Tekken games and CVS2/MVS2 which look fantastic in widescreen.

30w8px3.jpg

The PCXS2 has this looking 100% better than the PS3 re-release.

Still play that game sometimes.
I'm a level 144.
974 subs, 2019 KO's

Still play that game sometimes.
I'm a level 144.
974 subs, 2019 KO's
Thought I was the only one.

I love the appropriate 2000's nu-metal soundtrack and I think it's the only UFC game that really got submissions right. They were extremely difficult to pull off on 2010 and I hated the minigame on Undisputed 3.

With the soundtrack and being littered with sponsors, that game is the embodiment of the Tapout-era.

I really wish there would be a boxing game.. so many interesting fighters to choose from nowadays .

Probably EA MMA. It was pretty fun.

Grappling is probably the weakest part of any mma games, but I still think EA UFC 3 is the best right now.

Undisputed 2009 is the only mma game I’ve ever owned, but I’d vote for Undisputed 3. I always thought that the idea behind Pride mode was awesome.

none because there's already enough remastered games clogging up the PSN Store

Back