If Woodley were to fight Rory again in July. Who wins?

If Rory were to fight Woodley again:

• Total voters
What? Why?
I'd have to rewatch it, but the impression I got at the time, was he was letting Rory control the fight. Hardly engaged, had like 1 or 2 TD attempts. Gave up TDs. I know he likes to wait for openings and conserve energy but that fight was a bit strange.

It depends all on Rory's nose.
Rory had alot problem's coming to the Wonderboy fight.
Would gotten the win if it wasn't for that IMO.

I'd have to rewatch it, but the impression I got at the time, was he was letting Rory control the fight. Hardly engaged, had like 1 or 2 TD attempts. Gave up TDs. I know he likes to wait for openings and conserve energy but that fight was a bit strange.

I feel like those Wonderboy fights were weird enough that its crazy to jump to fight fixing thoughts; when Woodley being a great fighter with a glaring weakness that special talents can exploit seems much more plausible.

I feel like those Wonderboy fights were weird enough that its crazy to jump to fight fixing thoughts; when Woodley being a great fighter with a glaring weakness that special talents can exploit seems much more plausible.
I wouldnt go so far as saying "fight fixing" but he definitely didnt try to win. Im basing this on my own bias as I think he should be able to beat Rory.

The Wonderboy fights were frustrating too. He had success on the ground during the first fight and then abandoned grappling altogether. I dont blame his hestitation striking with Thompson though, all things considered.

Tyron would absolutely be the betting favorite going into the fight, no doubt about it. They fought years ago and since then Tyron hasnt lost and has beaten the two guys Rory just lost too. Thats gonna make him the favorite.

As for who wins I'm not sure, if the Rory who fought Lawler showed up he wins, if the Rory who fought Wonderboy shows up I think Tyron wins.

Based on the Rory's last fight which is what I'm gonna go off of I'm saying Tyron wins.

But it all depends on Rory now.
Rory's never been the underdog going into a fight and that wouldn't change here. Especially after Woodley had nothing for him in the first fight. Rory is not nearly as one dimensional as Lawler or Wonderboy. He has all the tools to take Woodley to school.

Back